BY NONE

A six-month run in Australia precipitated a move to London, where Dirty Dancing opened in 2006 to the highest advance sales in British musical-theater history. Josef Brown and Georgina Rich take on the Swayze and Grey roles as you hear She's Like the Wind; (I've Had) The Time of My Life; In the Still of the Night; Yes! , and more! see more...

• What was your favorite song?9 Answers
  • Love the songs on this album. How does the cast recording...1 Answers
  • What is your favorite song on the album? Time of your lif...18 Answers
Dirty Dancing [Original Cast Recording] - Original Cast Recording - CD
  • "This CD brings back memories, the best movie & cd .Never gets old my girls love to dance and sing to Dirty Dancing." in 1 review
Kinsey H.
By far the best movie and soundtrack. Love watching this movie and the last dance move towards the end of the movie. This is an awesome sound track that brings back lots of memories from years ago. Recommended product
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This soundtrack has to be one of the most famous out there. Mainly styled around the 60's but had a real 80's feel to it. Everyone must know the lyrics to this movie or at least one track. Something for everyone. Slow, easy listening and then dance and song along. Love it
Avril J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Patrick swayze introduced and showed us that ballroom dancing is sexy, smooth and cool. He opened or minds to explore the depth of music in combo with passion for dancing. I also think this is one of few movies with fusion dance styles at this time. I still hear different shows using the line "no-one puts Baby in the corner" and then i smile. Cause not everyone gets it or remembered that it comes from this movie. Did i mention the iconic lift at the end that many have duplicated after this movie? Patrick swayze, you are missed. Love this movie and recommend it for any company or slumber party.
jean t.
Daytona Beach, FL
I've been a fan ever since it came out in movies. This past year I had brush up to the movie cause I seen the Broadway Across America version as a musical play. It was so exciting to see it as a play. One thing is, the play goes soooo... slow. Didn't realize it was that way. So, I had to watch the movie all over again after 10 years of it beening in my DVD box. Sure enough it was that slow. One of my favorite childhood movies though. Amazing!!
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This was a seductive teen movie in the 1980s. I loved it bc it had a romantic story line and it was different than alot of the movies coming out. It was a teen thriller. And everyone remembers the run and jump scene where Patrick Swayze holds her up in the air. It has been reproduced in other movies! Sexy as Christmas morning! Lol
Crystal S.
The music and the movie are timeless. I remember seeing this when I was 13 and falling in love with Patrick Swayze and even more so when I learned he actually sang ! I know every song because the soundtrack was perfectly matched for the story. I highly recommend.
Danielle D.
Dirty Dancing is the original soundtrack of the 1987 film Dirty Dancing. The album became a huge commercial success. It's mostly feel-good, classic late-'50s/early-'60s pop and doo-wop music. If you can appreciate music from that era, then you'll definitely enjoy this soundtrack.
Charlene G.
Mapleton Dep, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If you love the movie, you'll love the CD. This CD is a reminder of Baby and Johnny and everything they did in the movie. It will take you back and have you singing along to every song. I absolutely love mine. I have 2 copies. One for my car and one for my home.
Heather B.
Toledo, ohio
I love this story! Love Patrick Swayzees character. He's so hot in this movie. The dancing is so much fun to watch! Such a cute movie and the end scene is definitely something to look forward to as the whole movie leads up to it.
Karina R.
Fort Myers, FL
I dont give it more stars because is jot a choice here lol. I love the songs and the dancing in this movie. Is such a classic, everyone has to watch this movie!!  My favorite dance is the dance at the wnd which I have tried to recreate but no I cant move like that hahaha. A must see!
Ashley M.
Many, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What is your favorite song on the album? Time of your life is one of my faves.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What was your favorite song?
Lexie H.
West Allis, WI
Love the songs on this album. How does the cast recording compare to original songs?