DIRECTV App for iPad

by DIRECTV, Inc.

The DIRECTV App for iPad takes your mobile entertainment experience to a whole new level. You can stream Live TV and On Demand content anywhere. Customers with GenieGO can even watch their DVR shows anywhere right from the app. A brand new feature called DIRECTV CoPilot™ lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports like never before. Plus browse the guide, get sports scores, control your TV and set your DVR from anywhere. All this and more from a single app. Available for residential and commercial customers in the USA only, functionality varies by account type. GenieGO device (sold separately) WATCH - Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more from anywhere. - Watch top TV channels live in any room of your home and more than 30 TV channels outside your home. - Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR with GenieGO and take them with you wherever you go or stream them instantly inside and outside your home.* CONTROL - Personalize your DIRECTV experience by customizing your home screen, add, remove and reorder as many modules as you like. - Tap to tune to any show on your TV. - Use the built-in remote to really control your TV experience from your iPad. - View & delete playlist recordings and tap to play them on TV. - Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere. INTERACT New! DIRECTV CoPilotTM lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports as you’re watching on your TV! - Follow tweets, add comments, and participate in trivia and polls with other fans while watching popular television shows and sporting events. - Get up-to-the-minute stats and scores for your favorite sports teams. - Learn more about the actors, get the latest news, and much more. DISCOVER - Browse and discover shows, movies and sports. Plus get program descriptions, cast & crew info, and parental ratings – without interrupting what you are watching on TV. - Browse the Guide up to 14 days in advance, view only your favorite channels or filter by channels you can watch on your iPad. - Track your favorite teams, view current sports matchups and scores by league, with the option to watch or record. COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT FEATURES - View and control multiple receivers from the home screen. - Easily manage your receiver names directly in the app. - View all on-going and upcoming sports games in one convenient location. REQUIREMENTS - DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account or Commercial account registered on DIRECTV’s website. - Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection. Content based on current programming packages, not all content is available at this time. - *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection and limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR to be streamed. - Live TV Streaming in-home-only channels, GenieGO, CoPilot and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, Genie and HR20 or higher) connected to the same network. Remote control is also available with HD receivers (models C31, H21 and higher). All functions and programming are subject to change at any time. Blackout rules and other conditions apply to sports programming. - Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Phone line or Internet connection not required for the DVR or HD DVR - Tips, Tricks & Customer Support are available on the DIRECTV website. Use of the DIRECTV iPad Application by DIRECTV customers is subject to DIRECTV's Customer Agreement and Privacy Policy (available on the DIRECTV website).

Are you under contract with direct?
Start your review of DIRECTV App for iPad!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
When I first started using Direct Tv and downloaded this app, it did not seem to want to work as well.in reviews
Kristavel F.
Los Angeles, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
In love with this app I can watch tv and record shows overall I love it the service is awesome never have a problem but if and when I do it gets resolved super quick
Amanda P.
Norwalk, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
Used to have Direct tv and also had dish which are direct competitors. I enjoy dish more. Direct tv is to expensive after your contracts over.
Diana J.
Haughton, LA
Techie Expert Level 6
I love the DirecTV app the only thing I have to say badd about it is paying your bills so complicated with this new at they have through AT&T since they bought it out everything so confusing I use this on Android and AT&T really destroyed this app
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Techie Expert Level 1
We tried this company for a couple of years and then stopped using it because the price was going up and also we weren't crazy about the guide. It's seem to be not as user-friendly as the competing companies.
Melissa J.
Salyersville, KY
Techie Expert Level 1
Love love love being able to access the remote from the app on my phone! My husband falls asleep with the remote all the time and I just pull up the app on my phone and change the channel!! Thanks DIRECTV
James L.
lapeer
Techie Expert Level 2
I would love to give zero stars because directv sucks and there satellite boxes lag like crazy and so many glitches with the recording system. I’m switching to dish.
tara F.
wilkes barre pa
This app works great!its easy to use and very up to date!you can find everything on it!!!fast to download!!!
Latisha M.
Corona, CA
Techie Expert Level 4
1,229 reviews
If I could give negative stars I would! I was fine with the price I was at but it took so much complaining and he said she sa ik d to get what was promised. Dont let them fool you into a contract and if they do record ALL CALLS FOR PROOF! I pay more to live stream TV on Hulu and dont get a fraction of the channels but is worth it because the customer service is that bad!
Veronica V.
Denver, CO
Never will I ever get Direct TV. I was a loyal customer for a few years until I kept getting a higher bill each month. So I kept having to call and always down grade my programming and yet my bill never went lower then $200 and customer service is horrible and very rude!
Nathaniel S.
Karnes City, TX
DIRECTV App for iPad uploaded by Nathaniel S.
This app is amazing especially paired with a genie so you can us the noble DVR! Gotta stay caught up on my shows!!