DIRECTV App for iPad uploaded by Nathaniel S.DIRECTV App for iPad uploaded by Dawn M.

BY DIRECTV, INC.

The DIRECTV App for iPad takes your mobile entertainment experience to a whole new level. You can stream Live TV and On Demand content anywhere. Customers with GenieGO can even watch their DVR shows anywhere right from the app. A brand new feature called DIRECTV CoPilot™ lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports like never before. Plus browse the guide, get sports scores, control your TV and set your DVR from anywhere. All this and more from a single app. Available for residential and commercial customers in the USA only, functionality varies by account type. GenieGO device (sold separately) WATCH - Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more from anywhere. - Watch top TV channels live in any room of your home and more than 30 TV channels outside your home. - Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR with GenieGO and take them with you wherever you go or stream them instantly inside and outside your home.* CONTROL - Personalize your DIRECTV experience by customizing your home screen, add, remove and reorder as many modules as you like. - Tap to tune to any show on your TV. - Use the built-in remote to really control your TV experience from your iPad. - View & delete playlist recordings and tap to play them on TV. - Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere. INTERACT New! DIRECTV CoPilotTM lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports as you’re watching on your TV! - Follow tweets, add comments, and participate in trivia and polls with other fans while watching popular television shows and sporting events. - Get up-to-the-minute stats and scores for your favorite sports teams. - Learn more about the actors, get the latest news, and much more. DISCOVER - Browse and discover shows, movies and sports. Plus get program descriptions, cast & crew info, and parental ratings – without interrupting what you are watching on TV. - Browse the Guide up to 14 days in advance, view only your favorite channels or filter by channels you can watch on your iPad. - Track your favorite teams, view current sports matchups and scores by league, with the option to watch or record. COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT FEATURES - View and control multiple receivers from the home screen. - Easily manage your receiver names directly in the app. - View all on-going and upcoming sports games in one convenient location. REQUIREMENTS - DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account or Commercial account registered on DIRECTV’s website. - Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection. Content based on current programming packages, not all content is available at this time. - *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection and limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR to be streamed. - Live TV Streaming in-home-only channels, GenieGO, CoPilot and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, Genie and HR20 or higher) connected to the same network. Remote control is also available with HD receivers (models C31, H21 and higher). All functions and programming are subject to change at any time. Blackout rules and other conditions apply to sports programming. - Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Phone line or Internet connection not required for the DVR or HD DVR - Tips, Tricks & Customer Support are available on the DIRECTV website. Use of the DIRECTV iPad Application by DIRECTV customers is subject to DIRECTV's Customer Agreement and Privacy Policy (available on the DIRECTV website).

DIRECTV App for iPad
  • "When I first started using Direct Tv and downloaded this app, it did not seem to want to work as well." in 1 review
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Eau Claire, WI
This has been very nice for setting up recording remotely on those days I forget to set it myself. It does rely on your wireless connection and if that isn't solid there are delays or hiccups, being able to use the remote control function on my iPad is excellent. I do love Directv and this normally enhances the experience.
Candace V.
Candace V.
I have had DIRECTV for 5 years and I do love them but you kinda get trapped because the price keeps going up. I like the app you can watch shows record shows and pay the bill. I would recommend but watch out for increase price.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Willow Springs, IL
I love this! You do seem to be somethings I can't get on the iPad that I can get on DirecTV. Would be great if that were resolved.
Alex A.
Alex A.
Fontana, CA
I use the app my husband and my son always live TV or on demand things great app overall
Veronica S.
Veronica S.
Great Falls, MT
We just switched from Charter to DirecTV because we HAD to have the NFL Sunday Ticket. They had just merged with AT&T and the AT&T rep in the store sold us on it. First of all, the merger screwed a lot of stuff up for a lot of people. It was not executed well at all. I sat on hold for 30 MINUTES trying to talk to someone about my DirecTV account and not being able to log in, OR get access to the NFL ticket on our mobile devices. Once everything was smoothd out, I was very happy. The picture quality from cable to satellite is exceptional. The menu screen works a lot better and the extra features are great. My husband is away from home a lot and has been pleased with being able to watch his recorded shows on the go. We are very happy with the quality of services, we just wish it wasn't so hard to talk with someone and get an issue resolved.
Melissa J.
Melissa J.
Salyersville, KY
Techie Expert
Love love love being able to access the remote from the app on my phone! My husband falls asleep with the remote all the time and I just pull up the app on my phone and change the channel!! Thanks DIRECTV
Allie P.
Allie P.
Pocono Lake, PA
Techie Expert
This is great. We can watch anything on DIRECTV from anywhere in the world. It doesn't use your data as long as you have AT&T. No matter where you are the picture is perfect and I've never had the picture cut out for bad service areas.
Dawn M.
Dawn M.
Expensive satellite company. I feel like they overcharge. And when it rains I always lose receptions. Go for digital cable
johanna  r.
johanna r.
Indianapolis, IN
Direct TV is just ok. In my opinion I'd rather go with another company that does not trap you into a 2yr contract.
Jordan M.
Jordan M.
Columbus, OH
I don't like direct tv. There do you wrong. Always trying to make extra money off you
Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.
Are you under contract with direct?