Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette

by Dior

#5 in Cologne

WHAT IT IS (KEY SELLING FEATURES AND BENEFITS):

A radically fresh composition, both raw and noble. Radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Calabrian Bergamot while Amberwood unleashes a powerfully woody trail. Sauvage is a fragrance inspired by wide-open spaces under a blue sky that dominates a white-hot desert landscape.

WHAT IT DOES:

The pure, pared-down bottle features a signature Dior design, each detail carefully studied. It is a luxurious object resulting from years of technical research and development.

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:

"To create Sauvage, I used man as my starting point. A strong and unmistakable masculinity. Like the image of a man who transcends time and fashion."—François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator

Can this product alternate a hair mist?
How long does this last ? Is it recommended?
Start your review of Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette!
Product Highlights
“Its a pretty light scent and very unique from what ive heard....can be a little pricey depending on where you get it” in reviews
Garland, TX
I bought a 100ml bottle of Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette this year with batch code 9J01, meaning it was produced around September 2019 and it is still a beast of a fragrance. This fragrance gets so many negative reviews online by fragrance snobs talking about "oh its mass appealing so its not very unique and you'll smell like every other guy", or "ugh its generic, synthetic, and boring, and shows a lack of taste", however in the real-world practice, most men I come across (at least in my city) don't even really wear fragrances. The fact that you even put one on put you one step ahead of others. Honestly? The scent is pretty damn good, performance is incredible, and projection is a beast. I literally just took my bottle out of its box just to sniff the atomizer and the scent has already stuck to my had without me spraying it lol. Anyways, a breakdown of the scent gives it top notes of pepper and bergamot which is lovely and smells great, but as a few minutes comes to pass, the ambroxan begins to really pop. after an hour in, it can begin to smooth down and soften a bit so you begin to smell notes of lavender, pink pepper, geranium, vetiver, and patchouli which opens beautifully in the air. The base notes and complete dry-down of this fragrance are kind of woodsy and still peppery with the tone of ambroxan and cedar. For some reason, I have noticed with my batch (along with others), that it smells less screechy/metallic which is a plus, and smells a tad bit creamier and softer compared to what I originally remembered. I'm not complaining at all, in fact I actually love this formulation. For my final review: SCENT - 8.5/10 - can wear anytime, anywhere, any season. Lots of people like this scent in warmer months. Personally, I wear it when its warm as long as its not above 90 degrees and humid cause the ambroxan note can be a bit cloying and the synthetic scent starts to get a bit too much for me. Though its not exactly praised as a cool-weather scent, I definitely think I like this scent in the fall and winter (50-75 degrees franheit). Its a scent that definitely performs differently under different temperatures. It is definitely a beast, so be careful with how much you spray. I typically stick with 2/3 sprays depending on weather. Hotter?-less Cooler?-more PERFORMANCE - 9/10 - This thing lasts on my skin 7-10 hours easy. Sometimes I shower, soap and all, and if I press my nose on my skin i'll get a faint sniff of it. It's THAT long lasting, and even more so when applied to an article of clothing. You'll probably still be able to smell it a bit on your shirt 24hrs later after spraying it on there directly. SILLAGE - 10/10 - Depending on how much you spray (which you want to be careful with) you'll be able to smell this on someone at least 4-5 feet away. It leaves an incredible trail behind you and sometimes it can fill up a room. Overall? I really like it. Its in my rotation, and I reach for it every once in a while I'm feeling a little extra. Would I say it's safe for a blind buy? No. Go to a store and get a tester first and see how it performs on your skin. Keep in mind, you may dislike it at first, but may revisit it at a later time and love it. I know I did.
Blakely
Love this fragrance! It's been my daily fragrance for many years. It's described as: "What it is: A powerfully fresh fragrance with a smooth trail inspired by the desert at twilight when the sky is set afire.Fragrance story: The powerful freshness of Sauvage exudes new sensual and mysterious facets, amply renewing its signature with an ingenious composition. Calabrian bergamot, as juicy and spirited as ever, invites new spicy notes to add fullness and sensuality as the woody, ambery trail of ambroxan is wrapped in smoky accents of Papua New Guinean vanilla absolute for greater virility. François Demachy, Dior perfumer-creator, drew inspiration from the desert in the magical hour of twilight. Mixed with the coolness of the night, the burning desert air exudes profound scents. In the hour when nature awakens and the sky is set ablaze, a new magic unfolds.Style: Woody, aromatic.Notes:- Top: bergamot.- Middle: ambroxan.- Base: vanilla absolute." And it's WONDERFULLY fresh! The top notes are so nice and you really feel like you're in control of the day. It elevates your mood and disposition. Would recommend this or the eau de parfum.. I meant to select the Parfum, actually, but I equally have used them both over the years.
Hartland, MI
It is simply sublime. What i love about Sauvage is that it leaves a trail. It fills a room up. That is what disappoints me with most men's scents in that they do not do that. This is how i like to wear this scent. It comes in an Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, and a pure Parfum. I spray 4 or 5 sprays of the EDP on my left arm and 4 or 5 sprays of the Parfum on my right and then i spray a combination of the two a few times on my neck. That may sound like overkill and it may be but it works. It works beautiful. It really makes the notes POP. When i first spray it on i get a clear citrus scent. Its the bergamot. I've never been able to get a clear definition of what bergamot smells like but Sauvage does the note wonderfully. After a while i seem to get a floral note. The only floral note in this is geranium so it must be that. I work at a hotel and Sauvage fills up the lobby. Its just so smooth and refined. I've seen on other review forums where this scent has a lot of bad reviews. I dont understand them as this is a wonderful mens scent. And the advertisements fit it wonderfully. I do get the crackling scent of a camp site fire too. Thank you Dior for such a masterpiece.
I have recently received the “Dior Sauvage Eau De Toilette” cologne because I had ran out of my favorite cologne and they didn’t have it in store. I have purchased this item at my local Sephora and it was the cologne the worker had recommended the most to me. When I smelt it in store I couldn’t really smell it due to the other fragrances around me so I had went with the workers opinion and had bought it. When I sprayed it on me the following day to attend a wedding I didn’t quite enjoy the scent at first but as the night went on the scent grew on me and I enjoyed it very much. The best way to describe the scent is fresh yet it has a woody ash scent. Later on that night others complimented me on my scent and several men asked what cologne I had on. After several dancing that night my cologne didn’t fade away off my body it was still there. 10/10 would recommend this cologne.
Cerritos, CA
Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette uploaded by Phil D.
Purchased at: Sephora
Aside from Paris Hilton Gold Rush Eau De Toilette Spray 100Ml/34Oz Mens Fragrance, this is my absolute favorite cologne. I tend to gravitate towards scents that are dark, seductive, & sexy, and that’s exactly what Sauvage provides! In addition, it has some sort of sweeter note that really just ties the entire scent together - I love saving this cologne for more special occasions & always get compliments on it when worn out! If you like similar scents or want to surprise a man in your life with something new and exciting, I’d definitely check this out! ✨
Derby, CT
I originally received a sample spray vial of this men's cologne and gave it to my husband. It smelled amazing on him...sensual, spicy, and it lasted without being overpowering. He liked it, and added it to his "Top 5" of colognes. Fast forward to a weekend trip out of state and I discovered that my travel spray of my women's perfume had broken in my bag. As a gal who favors spicy perfumes to floral, I quickly "borrowed" a spritz of his Dior Sauvage. I then fell in love with how it smells on me. After this, I bought my husband a medium sized bottle of Sauvage (he rarely wears cologne and so this will lasthim forever) so I can borrow it from him from time to time.
Stillwater
I made the wonderful decision to buy this for my husband last Christmas. Now we're both obsessed. It's his new signature scent for sure. This is that hold him closer a little longer, bury my face in his neck a little deeper kind of hotness! It's subtle, but I will straight up rush into the room after he's sprayed it just to linger near by him. It's wife bate for him, 100%! The only reason I'm docking it a star is because the name and the campaign are a bit too racially insensitive for my taste. I'm glad I looked that, because we do love it so much. I just really wish they would change the name.
Modesto , CA
Purchased at: Sephora
This stuff on my husband I cannot explain it but ooohh my god, the best. I literally want to kiss him everywhere haha! Just one spray will have you smelling all day long! Yes on the pricey side but oh so worth it I promise! Perfect gift for Valentine’s Day! With the notes of spicy mandarin, bergamot, ambroxan, sandalwood and a bit of tonka bean, it is fresh, deep,strong, but warm at the same time scent. The best part it is very wearable and will suite any occasion or be an everyday scent, it is that versatile. I love it! Dior Sauvage Eau de ToiletteThank you Dior, its a keeper!
East Killingly
This is the best cologne I have ever used. That’s a big thing for me to say, I have never bought another cologne more than once, but I have bought this 5 times!! One bottle has a hand painting on it from an artist at Nordstrom and another I had custom made with my birthday. I’ve never gotten more complements on a scent, and from every walk of life. From teens to the elderly this scent seems to be one that pleases everyone. I will forever stand by this fragrance!  Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette
Cresaptown, MD
Bought a bottle for my Husband. He really likes this. He switches up scents and this is his absolute favorite. Not strong, so no issues with Migraines for me personally. The price is higher for some. I feel you are definitely paying more for the Dior name on it. Still worth every penny. I really do live in an area that our Mall doesn't have many stores left. I would suggest to try and find a sample to smell before you buy. It's not for everyone.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Wilmington, DE
il y a 19 jours
Adrian E. • il y a 2 jours
Sauvage is a good, fresh out the shower scent that is good for a dumb grab. Good for any time of day or weather or any occasion, but leans more relaxed and casual. Smells great, but you should try and test it first to see if you like the scent/works well with your natural body chemistry!
New Castle, DE