BY DIOR

One tube, endless possibilities. Metalizer, the latest innovation from the house of Dior, boasts a creamy, ultra-pigmented formula that lights up eyes and lips with metallic shine.

Shades:

6 metallic shades in color-matched tubes.

Application Tips:

Each shade can be applied all over, or in touches over  eyeshadow or lipstick.

Formula:

Inspired by professional makeup artistry and designed as an intuitive, take-anywhere product, this ingenious tube houses metal-effect pigments encapsulated in an ultra-creamy, quick-drying texture with a weightless feel for lasting results.

Buy on Bergdor...*
Olena K.
Review for: 528 PLATINE FUSION more...
Dior Metalizer - Metallics Limited Edition Eyes & Lips Cream Shadow I like a slight metallic shade before my eyes. I use the database, so stay up all day.The disadvantage is that you need to quickly shade, as it dries up instantly, but when you're in touch with the third time, it's not a problem at all.In general I am completely satisfied
Kelly M.
Greenwood, IN
Review for: 528 PLATINE FUSION more...
Dior Metalizers got me like 😍. Easy to use and very versatile product. It can be used on 👀 and 👄. You get a decent amount of product for the price. I prefer the tube packaging to potted creams. Air won't get to it and cause it to dry out quickly. Didn't give it five stars only because of texture. Some feel more runny vs creamy. It can transfer on really hooded eyes.
Sabrina S.
Review for: 528 PLATINE FUSION more...
I love this metallic product! You can honestly use it as an eyeshadow, lipstick, highlighter and so much more. It is long-lasting and fits perfectly into a clutch for touch ups. I would definitely buy this again.
Nicole S.
Review for: 828 PINK PULSION more...
Easy to apply. Really makes my eyes pop. Love the metallic colors. Everyone complimented me the first day I wore it. Was a little difficult to remove
Shazia A.
Review for: 678 BRONZE TENSION more...
Really good eye makeup if you want a glowing smiley eye look. Good for sensitive eyes!
Jenny H.
Staines, Upon Thames
Review for: 528 PLATINE FUSION more...
Im really enjoying experimenting with the Dior Metalizer eye & lip cream, from the 2017 Fall makeup collection, but do have my reservations about the product.

Usually, duo products like this are made for cheeks and lips, so I was really intrigued to find out how this would work for the lips AND eyes. Well, both have there upsides and downsides, but it is quite a clever product, over all.

The eyes:

With a super creamy & thick consistency, these things are the definition of PIGMENTED. This means you only need the tiniest & I mean tiniest amount to cover BOTH eyes. For example, the swatches you see on my arm, was too much for both eyes. This is how I ended up covered in the final photo (shade 548 Copper Power) - ignore my awful eyebrows, I was actually on my way to get them done! I took down the amount I had on my eye, but I thought I'd get one of my eyes smothered in it, as it's a good example of how it looks on the eye & how far this product goes!

I wouldn't say these are especially easy to use - and this is where the downside comes in and I have my reservations - but I find that with a lot of Dior things because they tend to bring out new products that are 'outside the box thinking.' So, I'm used to them taking a bit of getting used to - mainly how much to use & the correct brush. However, I've found that every time I use these I end up covered in the product. It starts off okay, but if I want to add in another shade then I end up looking like an Egyptian Queen - which may it's upsides, but not for every day wear! :p

I think these are great if you just want to line your eyes, or use one of the shades, but if you are looking to combine or layer the shades, then you probably need an expert degree in makeup.

It also dries quite fast & once its dry, it's hard to add any more because this will chip the product away. But, if you go by what I previously said and only use the one shade to cover your eyelid or line your eyes, you won't need loads of time to apply. So, Dior it isn't really a problem in that instance, but once again it's difficult if you want to use more than one shade.

The lips:

I tried it on the lips and at first found it very drying, as well as difficult to spread around the lip. However, when I tried it with a lip balm/primer first, it worked much better. Obviously, Dior do a fantastic lip balm and it paired great with the metalizers when I tried it out.

I do keep forgetting it is a lip product and must try it out more. I think Dior have done a good job at making most of the shades suitable for both eyes AND lips. However, they are such vivid shades that for a lot of people, I think the shades will be much more suited to eyeshadows - I've tried blue lips before, but not green!

The shades:

I tried out three of the seven shades (only six are currently avalible in the UK) and written next to the ones I tried.

068 Silver Shock
498 Green Magnet.
528 Platine Fusion.
828 Pink Pulsion,

548 Copper Power: came out more pink rather than copper, but still turned out to be a really pretty shade. This is one of the paler, nude choices, which would look good as a base, underneath powdered eyeshadow. It showed up better on the lips than I expected, but worn alone it made me look a bit washed out, as I'm so pale, so I would wear it with a strong eye look.

678 Bronze Tension was more of a grey/taupe shade and was a bit of a pain to use because when you blend it out it goes a bit too much of a dirty taupe for my liking - this was in both the lips and eyes. So, I'd stick to using it as a heavy eyeliner or for small details.

898 Plum Reflexion: was an extremely dark, almost black, purple, with silvery glitter. This was one of the standout shades that I tried and used correctly would look stunning. It looked quite nice on both lips and eyes.

Overall: I must admit that I did hope for more with these, but I think now I know what NOT to with them, I will get on better.

As with most metallic products, you want to make an impact, but not look like a painted lady. So, I have to get used to not going beyond my eyelid, with the product and I'd advise the same to anyone else - though I imagine trained beauticians will be able to create fantastic designs, without any trouble and whilst going beyond the eyelid! But, I think those of use who are simply makeup enthusiasts, should play it safe - especially with the darker shades!

I'm certainly going to be trying out some of the other shades, especially because I think £17 is a really fair price. I was shocked to find out they were this low, considering their mono eyeshadows and lipsticks are £25+! I basically want to try every shade I don't have, especially the green and silver. I am really upset the pink shade isn't out in the UK because I've had my eye on it since they were first announced. Hopefully the shade will show its face, once it is out in other shops. Currently it can only be brought via the Dior.com website.
Francesca R.
Rionero in Vulture PZ
Review for: 548 COPPER POWER more...
I’m in love with this product! I love the color, it’s metallic effect, it’s versatility. The only negative aspect is that there is a small quantity of product in the tube
Marina Y.
Peristeri, Athens
Review for: 828 PINK PULSION more...
I like these products quite a bit because of their creamy and pigmented formulation. While the different shades aren't very easy to use together, they each work well as a simple color to put all over the eyelid
Nicole P.
Review for: 678 BRONZE TENSION more...
This is a fabulous product. It doesn't crease and lasts all day on the eyes without a primer underneath. They work amazingly for cut crease work.
Irina Š.
it's sooooooooo good.It has a nice color and the pigment is really good.I use it all the time.It's thr best!