BY CHRISTIAN DIOR #53 in Mascara

FULLER LASHES, BOLDER IMPACT, FRESHER LONGER

In 2015, Diorshow, the cult favorite Dior Backstage mascara, is being renewed. Its new-generation formula enriched with microfibers optically reproduces the effect of lash extensions used by runway makeup artists.

Its patented AIR-LOCK™ wiper system prevents the formula from being in contact with the air, keeping the mascara from drying in the tube, for fresh application, day after day.

MAKEUP FINISH

Creamy Buildable Volume, Lash Extension Effect.

• How is the stay on this product? Is it water proo... Be the first to answer!
  • What mascara do you prefer?Dior Diorshow Mascara or Dior Diorshow...1 Answers
Dior Diorshow Mascara
  • "This Mascara made my eyelashes look fluffy and nice but one thing i hate is that it makes my eyes really watery that led me rubs it" in 28 reviews
  • "This mascara is definitely worth all the hype-- it adds more volume to my lashes than any other mascara that I've ever used." in 15 reviews
  • "Great mascara pricey but good to have its worth it long lasting and makes your eyelashes look amazingly pretty get lots of compliments" in 11 reviews
  • "Influenster needs to put this in the Bride Voxbox so I don't have to buy another a few weeks before my wedding, but its worth every penny!" in 8 reviews
  • "Overall, not worth the price for me, but if you have thinner lashes and don't mind the fragrance, you may find that it works great for you." in 7 reviews
Aditi P.
Plainville, MA
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! a little goes a long way, I only do one coat of this mascara and I am able to amplify and lengthen my lashes yet keep them natural looking. I have noticed that every time i try to layer this mascara, it starts to clump up, but ONE coat works perfect and gives me the amount of coverage I need. I would also recommend getting the travel size if you can find it because that lasts 3-4 months and is < 1/2 the price and i'm very conscious when it comes to spending and I want to get my moneys worth every single time I splurge. I'm not saying this isnt worth the splurge, it totally is, but if you want a fresh coat, you're better off getting travel sizes instead of using one tube for 6 months because it will start to get clumpy and dry after 4-5 months.

The one complaint I have with this (and its not really a complaint, more like constructive feedback) is the smell. Please make that smell go away! It would make this product so much better.
Eman S.
houston, TX
Review for: Black
I have tried two deluxe samples of this mascara and not enjoyed it either time. If you know that you prefer huge mascara wand applicators, this may be for you. I find that I have fairly round and large eyes, but my lashes are hard to coat with this wand. The formula appears to be pretty dry. I feel like I have to keep building and building on my lashes to get enough product on it, while with other mascaras I can do a few swipes and be done. And after all of that effort, my lashes still don't look fantastic. They're not bad, but for the hefty price of this mascara, I expect greatness.

Also, if you're like me and tend to get eyeshadow or powder on your dark lashes, this mascara WILL NOT do anything to cover up that powder. Usually I just run my mascara wand over the top of my lashes a couple of times and it gets covered up, but not with this. Little-to-no difference.
Tiffany S.
Medford, OR
So worth the money!! I finally broke down one day and bought a tube to see what all the hype was about and was sooooo pleased. I have long lashes that I have found with other mascaras just look like spider legs. Gross! I've tried so many different mascaras at all different price points and I tend to be very skeptical about the ones that everyone raves about, but I have to admit this lives up to the hype. Yes it gets dry after a few months but your supposed to throw away mascara that old anyway, for the health of your eyes. So no biggy there. The wand is huge and bristly which I love it coats all my lashes and separates too. Plus it seems more conditioning to my lashes than others I've tried. My lashes don't seem to break or fall out as often when I use this mascara. Plus I like the hint of rose in the scent. Nice touch. Its a splurge but worth it.
Gillian G.
At first I loved this mascara, but then I started noticing its flaws. I switched from the bare minerals mascara to this mascara about two weeks ago and I think I am going to convert back to bare minerals. The Dior mascara is great at lengthening, but does not make my lashed look fuller. If you are strictly looking for length, this mascara would be great for you because my lashes did look significantly longer than they have with other mascaras. The reason I gave this mascara 3 out of 5 stars is because this mascara really iritated my eyes. Since starting to use this mascara, my eyes have been watering more and if I don't completely remove it when I take off my makeup, the skin around my eyes start to get red and iritated. Overall not too impressed with this macara.
Stephanie Y.
Elk Grove, CA
I got a sample of this from Nordstrom and I love the brush! I prefer thick, spooly brushes and this one had the thickest spooly brush I've ever used/seen for mascara. The brush helps spread my lashes and apply the mascara more evenly (my lashes tend to criss-cross/overlap weirdly and tend to be very sparse on the inside and outside). I was just disappointed by the small amount of product, I ran out much quicker than other mascara samples. It also doesn't apply as thickly as other mascaras, but then I don't have to worry about it burning or getting into my eyes. Not sure that I would purchase since I don't know how long it would last and I didn't care for the packaging (just pull it out, didn't twist it so it didn't seem as secure so maybe some of it dried up?)
olivia v.
Review for: Backstage
This mascara is definitely worth the money. This item does not use many ingredients, and that does the job. I have used this mascara for many years, and have repurchased it many times due to to the think brush made with hair, rather than plastic. The hair adds length as well as volume to my lashes for a full day. Although when layering on the product one may find debris if you touch one touches their eye through out the day, as I have run into this.
When applying the mascara it was a nice consistent that applies in an even coat. You are able to get away with just one cat with this product and at the end of the end the product removes fairly easily.
Over all I would recommend this to a friend, as it works and looks well, and lasts for quite a long time.
kimber k.
Savannah, GA
This mascara is a classic. It adds both volume and length without clumping. The application brush is big with lots of firm bristles that evenly coat lashes with a thin layer of product. The formula is made to be build-able for maximum control over your desired look, making it easy to go day to night with just an extra coat! You can find it at Sephora and some selected Ulta stores. The tube has an air lock inside that seals when you remove the wand which keeps the mascara from drying out. It's priced on the high side of mascaras, but because it doesn't dry out in the tube your getting your moneys worth.
Pamela F.
Ashburn, VA
Review for: Black
I wanted to like this mascara because of the price tag and also because of rave reviews from others. However, I find myself never reaching for it, and the reason for this is the formulation. I would consider this a "wet" formula as opposed to a dry one, so when I apply this, I end up with far too much product clumping on my naturally fine lashes and weighing them down so they can't hold a curl. The size of the brush is also not idea, it's enormous! It's very difficult to apply product to the lower lashes and the baby lashes in the inner corners without making a mess. I would not repurchase.
Stefanie G.
Bowling Green, KY
Review for: Backstage
This is hands down my favorite beauty product of all time. If you saw my collection this would impress you! I first tried this mascara when I walked Into Sephora and asked the staff to direct me to the very best mascara. They all pointed to the Diorshow backstage mascara. I fell in love. It gives amazing volume and length, stays put all day, and is the most beautiful deep black color. I can't say enough good things about this product! If you're going to splurge on one item- splurge on this. Nothing compares.
Cecilia S.
Halethorpe, MD
My absolute favorite. Sometimes you simply get what you pay for. I love the shape and (large) size of the brush; I have large eyes and long, thick lashes, and this brush seems to deposit product evenly and doesn't clump for me. I have recently stopped using the original Diorshow and will be trying the waterproof version as soon as I can afford it, since my eyelids have become either oily or sweaty, and the mascara doesn't stay on as well anymore. One more thing - Diorshow actually smells good, too!
Jackie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate Diorshow in the mascara world?
christie p.
Is it waterproof? cry proof?
jaime c.
Bristol, PA
What is this products BEST feature in one word?
christie p.
I have long, dark lashes to begin with and I want something just to make them pop. Is Diorshadow what I'm looking for?
Andrea D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it really worth the price?