Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer

by Dior

A lightweight, universal primer that helps makeup last longer, blurs imperfections, and delivers up to 24 hours of hydration for an enhanced complexion. What Else You Need to Know: BACKSTAGE is a collection of makeup-artist essentials, designed to suit all skin tones, used at the Dior runway shows, and inspired by the energy backstage. This primer creates a naturally-enhanced, even, and luminous complexion for a touch-up effect and foundation that lasts all day. Clinical Results: In an instrumental test on 15 subjects:- Helps reduce appearance of pores by 45% In an instrumental test on 11 subjects:- Up to 24 hours of continuous hydration

How much longer does your foundation last with this primer compared to not using it? Looking for a long wearing primer that helps extend the longevity of my foundation
Is this a good primer?
Can someone tell me if this primer is better than the Milk Hydro Grip Primer?
Start your review of Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer!
I love the Dior Face & Body Foundation and I was on a hunt for a primer specifically for it because it doesn’t have good chemistry with my current primers (possibly because it’s water-based and most of my go-to primers are silicone-based). Once I saw this released, I got a mini heart attack from the price tag but I decided to get it and I absolutely love it. It’s worth every penny for me, and I think you get a good amount of product so it will last me a long time as well. The pros for this primer: - light weight (you really don’t feel it on your face) - easy to apply - smoothes our your skin, smooth foundation application afterwards - makes your foundation last much longer Cons: - packaging (I personally like it because I travel often so I appreciate how it’s not a glass bottle and the size is tiny, but I could see many people not liking it for the money they spend on a Dior product) - I don’t necessarily agree with the claim they make about wearing the primer alone for no makeup days as one of the recommended ways of using it I’ve tried wearing this primer without foundation on for no makeup days but it doesn’t do the same miraculous effect like smoothing, filling pores or getting less oily. I think this primer’s true potential is shown for people who wear foundation for over 6+ hrs a day like me. I’ve worn this for a 12hr shift on a humid nasty day in NYC but I’ve received many compliments on how my skin looked like a porcelain doll’s skin all day long. Lastly, this primer did work well with the other foundations I rotate through but I do have to warn you that it definitely works the best with the Dior Face & Body Foundation. I wish it didn’t because they’re both so expensive but this primer is a 4/5 with other foundations but suddenly a 5/5 with the Dior F&B. Highly recommend getting a sample from a store to see what I mean (colour matching is tricky for F&B foundation, be wary)!
Bryan, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer is an absolute must-try if you have oily to normal skin and want to give your skin a natural, smooth finish. I fell in love with this primer’s corresponding foundation ([product:dior-backstage-face-&-body-foundation] - see my review). While I honestly loved the natural matte finish it left me with, I began to think my Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer was a little too hydrating and left my face feeling somewhat tacky after applying it and the foundation. So I tried this primer. It has a pleasant fresh scent and immediately smoothed out my skin. It was actually a visible change and made my skin look healthy and glowing before applying foundation! It definitely increased the foundation’s longevity as well. I would recommend this primer not just to Dior Backstage foundation users, but to anyone wanting a primer to make their skin look naturally beautiful and smooth.
I was hesitant to try because I have very sensitive acne prone skin. Most primers I try look great but then I have zits the next day due to the silicones/dimethicone ingredient. this DIOR primer has surprised me. It is not greasy at all and gives my skin some moisture and a little glow. It absorbs well. I have used it under the Dior foundation with good results. No major breakouts either. I had a couple of teeny bumps, but that is what my skin always does when I start a new product. And I have continued to use this primer without issue. I would recommend trying even if you have sensitive skin, it may work for you.
Dallas
This is a great go-to primer! I don't know if I'd necessarily repurchase because it didn't "wow" me by transforming my pores or skin. I like this primer because it's like a moisturizer almost. It leaves your skin a bit tacky (not sticky) to then apply your foundation. I think this would be a great product for someone with dry skin concerns and looking for a primer that would help with that!
Cruz del Eje Córdoba Argentina
Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer uploaded by Maria Eugenia S.
Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer uploaded by Maria Eugenia S.
Esta base de maquillaje me ha sentado muy bien . Tengo piel madura y me unifica el tono de mi piel . No me la deja tan brillante como la dior foever Skin Glow que la uso mas en invierno. Porque les cuento que estoy an Argentina y es verano. Me encanta el acabado semimate que deja ver el glowi de mi piel.
Juneau, AK
Meh. Nothing special. The consistency made me think it would be a hydrating primer but it did not leave my skin feeling especially hydrated or dewy. I did not care for the foundation so I will try it again with one of my go to base products. Mostly I think this is designed for those who are loyal to the brand and enjoy the sensorial experience of the scent and the paddle applicator.
Gilbert, AZ
Purchased at: Sephora
This is hands down the best primer I have ever used. Usually I hate primers because they make my face look worse but this one is AMAZING! It extends the wear of my foundation and controls my oils! I pair this with the Dior Backstage foundation, and they work amazingly together. I would absolutey recommend this and will keep purchasing!
This primer is BOMB!!! I had high expectations just because it is Dior. My makeup lasts so much longer with this primer then any other primer I have tried. I usually have issues with foundation around my nose and this honestly helps makeup actually stay. You dont need a large amount either. Plus the price is actually really reasonable
Pharr, TX
Wow wow wow, I cant even begin the describe how good this primer is, I put it on and honestly dont want to wear any makeup, it evens skin tone and reduce redness, decreases pore size and doesnt leave any residues, it just glides on your face, I received this as a trial size from Sephora but would love to buy it again
new york
Purchased at: Sephora
Great primer. I love to wear it just on its own as it brightens the skin without making you look like a tin man. Softly mattifies but not drying. Not sure it makes my makeup last longer but it deff makes application easier. Only downside to the packaging is you have no clue how much you have left. Love it!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
North Prairie , WI
8 months ago
Does Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer have much of a color to it? I like wearing primers solo and [email protected] of trying this.
Chris W. • 8 months ago