BY DIOR #3 in Liquid Foundation

DESCRIPTION

The Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation is the Dior makeup artists' secret weapon to create an instantly flawless complexion with ultra-buildable coverage, from a natural nude glow to high-coverage perfection.

MAKEUP FINISH

The Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation is tested and approved by 100% of Dior professional makeup artists.* With its fluid texture and second skin finish, this ultra-buildable foundation offers custom-made intensity.**

Enriched with beauty-enhancing pigments, the formula fuses with skin that glows for a perfect, natural complexion in real life and through the camera's lens.

The waterproof formula of the Dior Backstage Face & Body foundation creates an invisible mesh on the skin and resists extreme conditions: workout sessions, water, extreme temperatures and humid environments. It even resists the bright lights both backstage and above the catwalk.

Usage:
Light nude coverage:
Use your fingers to gently dab 1 layer of foundation and massage onto face.

Medium coverage:
Apply 2 layers with Light Coverage Foundation Brush N 11 from the center of the face outwards.

Full perfection coverage:
Apply up to 3 layers of foundation in circular motions.

• How is it on dry skin?2 Answers
  • Good for acne prone or oily skin? Blendability with a bea...6 Answers
  • I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet but will next tim...1 Answers
Kara D.
Review for: 2WP - 2 WARM PEACH - LIGHT SKIN WITH WARM PEACH UNDERTONES more...
Firstly, I received this product complimentary to Influenster in a VoxBox. When it first arrived I was so excited so I open the package eggar to see if the shade matched. Unfortunately it didn’t match at all, not to mention that the cap of the bottle does not prevent spills. The cap was actually pretty full of foundation leakage which was pretty upsetting considering the price of the product. I think the reason that I got the wrong shade was because the shade swatches online are quite different than the actual shade itself.
Besides the leakage and the shade not being a match I went ahead and tested the product and found that the foundation was pretty runny. I’m not one to like super thick foundations but at first this worried me because it almost pours out of the bottle.
For me my skin type is very pale and dry. This foundation was not the most hydrating on my skin but it also wasn’t drying. It does have a very nice medium coverage and it blended out well. I would just say this isn’t my most favorite foundation. I haven’t found myself reaching for it especially due to its shade. I will most likely give it to my sister because it matches her skin better and may work better for her. Overall I don’t think this is a product that I would personally purchase just because I think that I prefer the Nars foundation more, but I wouldn’t be against recommending it.
Lastly It didn’t excite me that this product was not cruelty free which is something I look for in my products more often now. Other than that I think the product deserves 3 stars for the quality as well as coverage.
Giovanna A.
Phoenix, AZ
I love make up, but I have been trying to declutter and be more picky about the makeup I have and will buy. I needed a sheer/medium coverage foundation that I could use during my lazy days or when I wanted my skin to look more like skin. From the drug store I really liked the Loreal Pro Glow foundation, but it does get oily ad the day goes and my skin starts producing oils. It also doesn't help that I live in AZ. From higher ends, I like the Mac Face and Body one, but it would get even oiler than the Loreal Pro Glow. So, I decided to spoil myself a bit and give this foundation a try. I gotta say that so far I like this foundation more than those two foundations. I like that the color is also not too yellow, and I was able to find a neutral shade that works with my light latin skin. Also, this foundation doesn't get as oily as the others and it last longer.
I say that if your skin is normal to oily combo, you will probably like this since it is more mattifying than other foundations. But if your skin is dry, I think this might settle into lines and make the skin look older. Family member with dryer skin prefer the Mac Face and Body over this one.
Hope this helps!
Beth H.
Jacksonville, FL
Review for: 0CR - 0 COOL ROSY - VERY FAIR SKIN WITH COOL PINK UNDERTONES more...
LISTEN UP. If you have oily, fair skin with a pink undertone, you absolutely NEED this foundation.

It is the ONLY foundation I have found that looks natural on the skin, controls oil, and applies without any fuss. It basically looks like your skin, but smooth and velvety. I swear, I haven’t had to blot AT ALL since I started using this! Plus, it doesn’t oxidize and keeps a true light pink undertone.

This foundation is definitely medium coverage, but is pretty buildable. I use this with Hourglass Veil primer, smooth it across my cheeks with my fingers, then bounce it out with a beauty blender. I dust some Too Faced Peach Perfect powder over it and it doesn’t budge. I have terrible forehead lines even though I’m young and this is one of the few foundations that won’t settle into them.

I’m glad I didn’t read the negative reviews before I bought this because I have absolutely fallen in love. I can NEVER find shade matches, let alone ones that cater to my oily skin!! I will never stop buying this!
Nancy S.
Philadelphia, PA
So I had a really hard time picking a shade because I was honestly confused 3WO was described as light to medium with warm olive undertones and 4WO was described as light skin with warm olive undertones but the swatch of 3WO looked lighter than 4WO lol and also normally shades go darker as the number gets higher so 4WO is def not for light skin def more for medium dark skin tones so it wound up being a good selection I wonder if the descriptions are a glitch but more importantly I really like this foundation at first I wasn't too impressed but the more I use it the more I like it. I always add a tiny drop of oil because it is a dry foundation. It is more of a natural matte finish and I really like how it evens my skintone out. I ordered directly from the Dior website and it came wrapped so beautifully. Only issue with the packaging is that it leaks.
Spots of Sunlight -.
Review for: 2.5N - 2.5 NEUTRAL - LIGHT TO LIGHT MEDIUM SKIN WITH NEUTRAL UNDERTONES more...
First of all, great job to Dior for coming out with 40 shades! There really is a shade for everyone in this foundation. I have been a huge fan of the Mac Face and Body foundation for the longest time, but the only drawback from that one is that the coverage is light to medium. The Dior Face and Body is definitely medium to full! It can be easily blended in with a brush, sponge, or fingers and has a beautiful satin matte finish. It is definitely sweatproof and does not need to be set with powder if you have normal to dry skin! This lasts a long time on my skin and never clings to dry patches or sinks too deeply into fine lines. Such a great release by Dior!
Jade R.
Oxford, MS
WOW! WOW! WOW!

This foundation is INCREDIBLE! I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I decided to purchase this foundation after seeing tons of people raving about it on YouTube, and I definitely was not disappointed.

The coverage is buildable, and it feels very lightweight! I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation. I actually enjoy applying it with my fingers as opposed to a sponge or brush because I feel like I can work it in quickly and easily that way.

In terms of color, this shade is my perfect summer shade. I'll probably have to order 3W when my tan starts to fade.
Jyoti H.
I received the product complimentary for testing purposes but it was the wrong shade. However I used the Hourglass product to lighten the color and it has been awesome! It is sweatproof and the coverage is buildable. However, I have acne scars and one layer covers it all up! Definitely my new go-to. I was so close to going back to airbrushing my makeup with Temptu because of how much foundations have been breaking me out. I thought maybe the brushed on foundations were really killing me but I haven’t broken out with this product. Thanks Dior! I’ll be back!
Claire L.
Arlington, VA
Review for: 1N - 1 NEUTRAL - FAIR SKIN WITH NEUTRAL UNDERTONES more...
This is the best feeling foundation I’ve ever put on my skin! It feels like soft velvet. I’m not convinced that it’s the longest lasting foundation I’ve ever tried, however, I’ve been trying a new primer that I haven’t been too impressed with. I will be switching to a new primer to see if this helps the issue. I am please with how moisturized my skin stays throughout the day with this foundation. I’ve gotten many compliments on it and it matches my skin perfectly. I received the product complimentary for testing purposes through Influenster.
Sara M.
Denton, TX
Review for: 0N - 0 NEUTRAL - ERY FAIR SKIN WITH NEUTRAL UNDERTONES more...
This foundation is a medium coverage foundation with a matte finish. It’s also waterproof. I found it applied best by stippling it on with a brush and then patting over it with a sponge at the very end. Just so you know, this foundation does have a floral scent to it. I have very sensitive skin and it didn’t bother me at all though! The color of this foundation looks really dark in the bottle, then way too light when I first apply it to my face. But! After a few minutes, the color seems to darken a little and looks much better. I do find that it clings to the imperfections in my skin some, but that is improved (although not perfect) with using a moisturizer underneath. I just think this might be better suited for somebody with oily skin versus combination skin. Or perhaps I just need to exfoliate more often, haha! I would recommend it for someone who is more used to more coverage and has oilier skin than I do. I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes.
Cami C.
Review for: 2N - 2 NEUTRAL - LIGHT SKIN WITH NEUTRAL UNDERTONES more...
I've been using this for about a week now and it's stunning. Makes skin glow and gives it a flawless backstage couture look that dior models have. I don't typically like mattes and this won't budge with my usually dewey sprays  but I found that if you use Caudalie grape water spray with it, you get the most healthy plump beautiful look.

update: I had to return this. While I don't know if it caused breakouts ( I don't think it did), my skin screams when I put this on now due to the alcohol in the product. It was fine on my skin at first but now I can tell it sucks the life out of my skin every time I wear it. I notice my super fine early 20's lines getting drier and bigger. Not something I want to continue. My sensitive-ish skin feels more irritated due to the alcohol.

Overall, this foundation is so pretty, but I would only suggest wearing it on special occasions because repeated application of alcohol on the skin is irritating and speeds aging of the face. I just switched to the L'Oreal Pro Matte. It's a good dupe and has much healthier ingredients for any skin types, especially acne/sensitive. No scent either.
Evie N.
Northamptonshire
Hey, I’d love to see if this really works and increases our chances of receiving VoxBoxes! Also, it’s a fun way of getting to know each other ❤️ Just answer each question separately in the comments, then like other people’s comments 💜 What was the first makeup product you brought? When did you start wearing makeup? What’s your favourite makeup brand? Where do you shop the most? What makeup product could you not live without? Who’s your favourite beauty influencer(s)? What one makeup product would you recommend? Lip gloss or lip stick? Eyeliner or eyeshadow? Matte or Dewy foundation? Drugstore or high end? Hopefully this works and good luck to everyone!! 💕💕💕💕💕
kenzie b.
Irwindale, CA
Matte or Radiant ???
Andi K.
Parker, CO
Good for acne prone or oily skin? Blendability with a beautyblender? Im considering getting this, so hard to find a great foundation that works well with my skin!