Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat (Shadow) uploaded by Brittany W.Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat (Shadow) uploaded by jessica m.

BY DIONO #34 in Car Seats

The Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you'll ever need. The Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat features a higher weight capacity than any other convertible car seat; with a rear-facing capacity that holds children from 5-50 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-90 lbs. in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs. New features of the Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat include side walls that are deeper and provide greater Side Impact Protection, higher weight capacities, increased industry product life at 12 years, better infant body pillow, superior padding for improved comfort and stylish new designs. Plus, the Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat introduces the Diono Safety Synergy technology featuring ultimate safety and comfort for your little one. The Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat is built for strength and safety with a full steel frame and reinforced sides, featuring a patented SafeStop energy absorbing harness and a unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy as well as keeping your child safe. Other features included in the Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat are a remarkable 12 position headrest made of reinforced aluminum and lined with EPS foam for superior protection and comfort of head and body, memory foam padding for ultimate well-being of your child, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions to provide a perfect fit, sides that expand and a seat bottom that is longer to provide extra room and comfort for your growing child. Plus, the Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat offers ultimate convenience; folds flat for ease storage and travel, sits low in your car so your child can get in and out easily, is super-compact with 3 seats fitting across in a mid-size car, but also offers more space on the inside where it matters to your little one. The Diono Rainier Convertible+Booster Car Seat has been crash test see more...

Emelizza L.
Emelizza L.
I do like this car seat. I've done lots of research and with its ability to be used as rear and forward facing, it was a great feature. I've also traveled with it on the plane, easy to fold (but I would suggest to practice before you actually fly out). It's also heavy, which is a good/bad thing.. Good cuz it's made of steel and I feel it's good protection if I were in an accident.. Bad cuz it's too heavy to carry at the airport! It's also nice and slim design, not too bulky at all. Some problems people may have when using it as rear facing is it take up a lot of room and may need the seat adjuster that is something you'd have to buy for $10. I have a Honda Civic and it's fits fine rear facing, though I am 5'2 so I don't need too much room in the car.

It's pretty pricey.. So try to get it when it's on sale!
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
This car seat is great for my son. It's something for him to grow into and he's been using it since 7 months. It's really heavy because of the steel frame, but it's a small price to pay for extra safety and peace of mind. I've been able to get a good fit in the seat, although the straps take some adjusting sometimes. I've had to remove the cover twice now and wash it, and it wasn't exactly super easy to put back on but once you get the hang of it then it goes quicker. Be careful not to dry it at all if possible as some of the inside pieces may start to melt (I speak from experience). It wasn't too hard to install, but it took a little bit of work to get it all put together and installed correctly. Overall it's a great seat for us, but some may find it cumbersome.
Kellie T.
Kellie T.
Charleston , Sc
This seat is wonderful. It grows with our son and fits perfectly in most cars! I was very afraid that these big seats would not fit into my car and was relieved to find this car seat! It comes in multiple colors for boy, girl, or neutral. The prices have even went down as new models come out. I would recommend these. The only con is that it is somewhat difficult to install however that is the case for most car seats!
Allison H.
Allison H.
I got this seat for these reasons:
-highest rear facing weight limit
-it can rear face, front face, and booster all in one.
-easy latch install system
-fits three across
-folds for travel
-memory foam comfort

It is heavy the install instructions confused me but there are plenty of tutorials on line.

Fits nicely in my Pontiac G6 with an angle adjuster.
Rebekah K.
Rebekah K.
Lansdale, Pa
I love that this car seat weight and height limits are one of the longest out there, I have big boys and the fact they can stay rear facing up to 55 lbs is worth the price. The steal frame is such a great safety feature too. Another benefit is they are skinny so they take up less room in the car.
Rachel E.
Rachel E.
Caldwell, ID
Mega Parent Expert
We have this exact car seat for my 3 year old and its great!! very easy to get in and out other then its really heavy!! but i guess that just means its a durable grear car seat!! i also love that it turns into a booster for when my son is older.
jessica m.
jessica m.
Fort Meade, MD
There aren't enough stars for this seat! We love, love, love it! My son is 2.5 and still able to rear face in this seat (it's 527% safer for your kids to rearface for as long as possible, ideally to age 4, just in case you didn't know ;) ) He is completely comfortable and happy in it. He still has 10 inches and 20 pounds before he "must" turn around. Plus, this seat has a 12 year shelf life!! That means when baby #2 is ready to change to an Extended Rear Facing seat it will still be safe to use! The only negatives are a) it's heavy (steel frame) and b) it takes up quite a bit of room from front to back without the angle adjuster and c) the angle adjuster is not included! (it's only 10 bucks, but we didn't know we would need it) HOWEVER, these are small sacrifices for such as great seat!!!
Tiffany M.
Tiffany M.
RICHLANDS, NC
I have a Diono radian rxt, but when I travelled out of state with my two kids, I did not bring it with me and ended up needing to purchase another car seat. I came across this one, and had to have it. It's got memory foam seats, the same great qualities as the rxt with added features, it's not bulky, its stylish, easy to clean, extended rear-facing, and is a booster all in one. I left it for my friend when it was time to return home and intend to buy another one when my infant outgrows his carrier.
Julie Z.
Julie Z.
We got these sears when our third child was born. It was either a new car or find a seat to fit. These seats are great for fitting 3 across in a smaller car. They are heavy duty!! Just not as wide and bulky as other seats
Stevi L.
Stevi L.
McDonough , GA
Mega Parent Expert
This is a great seat to rear face your babies until well after age 2. Remember, kids are much safer rearfacing and at a much smaller risk for injuries. They are on the pricier side but last a super long time.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Visalia, CA
What are the pros and cons for this car seat?
Michele M.
Michele M.
St. Catharines, ON
I'm thinking about getting this car seat we are transitioning from a bucket car seat, is this better to get then a convertible car seat? Also I drive a Impala will it be to large? Thanks for the help :)