BY DIONO

Baby is definitely going places in the diono shadow diono radian rxt car seat in sleek shadow. The removable seat pad is easy to clean and foldability makes it easy to stash. This latch-equipped car seat is for forward and rear-facing use, and converts to booster as baby grows. Your little one will ride in comfort with the reclining seat and adjustable armrests. Safety features in the diono radian include a high strength alloy steel frame, side impact protection, lap belt compatability and 5-point harnass. Meets federal motor vehicle safety standards. see more...

Diono Radian RXT - Shadow
  • "Rear facing limits allow for extending rear facing which is why we bought the seat. " in 1 review
  • "We have two of these for our two boys and will get a third when we will get another to fit three across in the backseat of my Prius which is unheard of for almost all car seats." in 1 review
Kryssie H.
Decatur, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love the Diono Radian RXT. It’s such a safe seat, and the fact that it’s one and done really sells me. It seems expensive up front but when you candidates you never have to buy another seat it’s really not. My only complaint is that it’s a bit big if you drive a smaller car.
Jessica S.
East Helena, MT
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
All 4 of my children have used these seats. It is a little expensive initially but once you purchase it, you should never need another seat for that child. It transitions from rear facing (very extended rear facing friendly!!!) to a booster seat. Narrow so that you can seat 3 across and very safe
Vanessa R.
Pensacola , FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This car seat is very heavy. Definitely not one you would want to have to swap between cars. My son loves it. Always falls asleep in it. I feel like it’s a little pricey. The cup holder is removable so that was kinda annoying because my son would always pull it out on his own.
Alyssa B.
Watertown,NewYork
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Highly highly recommend this car seat! We were never the ones to spend a bunch of money on a car seat until we got in an accident and I totally freaked out. We went and bought the diono and it’s AMAZING. My daughter used to hate the car and now all she wants to do is sit in the car seat and go for a drive. It has memory foam and is very heavy duty.
Absolutely love love this brand! I did so much research on a convertible car seat and this one is the best car seat ever! My daughter loves it and I love how safe this car seat is. A lot of people complain about how heavy it is and to be honest it's heavy for a reason and serves it purpose!!
Stephanie B.
Springfield, GA
This is the best car seat out there. It is sturdy, thin, and has a high weight limit. This seat is perfect to bring baby home and grow with baby, to child years. It allows baby to enjoy extended rear facing, then safely forward face, right to booster days. It has a steel frame and a bit on the heavy side. Once it is properly strapped into the car it doesn't move.
Brigette T.
Saint Cloud, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I absolutely LOVE our Diono car seat. We decided to purchase one for our two year old and another for our four year old. They were growing out of their Graco and Britax car seats, so we decided to try Diono after a friend recommended it. It is by far the most sturdy car seat we've owned. It's very heavy, but makes for a safe seat for the little ones. Instillation was a bit of a pain, but otherwise I have no complaints. Both kids seem to like the seats and they aren't as wide as other brands (so the middle seat between them has more room).
I highly recommend this Diono!
Phuong M.
Elk Grove, CA
We have two of these for our two boys and will get a third when we will get another to fit three across in the backseat of my Prius which is unheard of for almost all car seats. Love that it allows for extended rear-facing but even with the angle adjuster, it just gives me enough room in the front seat to be comfortable while driving. My husband is cramped. My boys are comfy in their RXTs and sleep often in them. The head rests help keep their heads from slumping over when they're passed out which is nice. I do recommend the fabric in Shadow as it is easy to spot clean and cooler in the summers.
Nicole M.
Sunnyvale, CA
I love the versatility of this seat. Steel reinforced but easy to fold and take on the go. I fly multiple times a year with this car seat, Its a bit heavy but i can wear it as a backpack through the airport which makes life easy. I loved that it came with the infant padding and as my little one grew, he was more independent to climb into the seat and mostly buckle himself!
Alexandra F.
Ridge, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Great car seat! Narrow enough that we will be able to fit our 4 yr old, the new baby in an infant seat, and our teenager will be able to sit comfortably in the back seat. My son loves this seat in comparison to the spare we have (different brand), nice cushioning, and it has grown with him nicely. It is a bit heavy, coming in around 30 lbs.
Sara D.
Little Rock, AR
When rear facing, does this car seat prevent your front seats from being able to move back?
Chantel B.
Caledon, Ontario, Ontario
Can the two side impact protectors be easily adjusted up and down? And if they can be, would I be able to adjust them higher than they are shown in the picture?
Brooklyn A.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
How many different sizes does it do?
Rebecca S.
Wilmington, DE
How is this getting in and out of a car? Is it light weight enough to move around often in case I need to?
heather h.
Waterbury, CT
What is the weight and height for the car seat? My daughter is 39in and 30 pounds and I'm look for car seat for her that Bucks into regular seat buckle. She thinks she is a big girl. If this one doesn't can you recommend one. Thank you