BY DIONO #22 in Car Seats

Highly Versatile The RadianR120 is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you ll ever need.  It comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-80 lbs in 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs.  Built for strength and safety, the RadianR120 has a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls, SafeStop energy absorbing harness, thick, EPS foam panels for side impact protection and our unique SuperLATCH system for easy installation.  The RadianR120 is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions, and the only car seat rated for LATCH use with a child up to 80 lbs.  The RadianR120 sits low on a vehicle seat for easy child boarding, features memory foam padding. see more...

• My small SUV has little room. How bulky is this car seat? We woul...1 Answers
  • My small SUV has little room. How bulky is this c... Be the first to answer!
  • Does anybody have a smaller vehicle and have no issues with space...1 Answers
Diono Radian R120 Convertible Car Seat
  • "We absolutely love this seat it was used rear facing it takes up a lit to e space but it is so safe and secure.. it's a a little heavy so it's not the car seat you want to be moving around." in 14 reviews
  • "I needed a safe, reliable extended rear facing carseat that would fit in my compact car." in 5 reviews
Emily F.
We have the RTX seat for our toddler. He has been riding in it since approx 7 months when he outgrew his infant seat. He is fairly tall in the torso, but he has a long way to go before he outgrows the RFing limits on this. It will easily take him to the AAP recommended 2 years and beyond. I have used this seat in 3 different vehicles, and it installed easily and well in all of them. It is a BEAST to carry because it has a steel frame, but that extra weight is worth it for the added safety. The RTX comes with the infant insert, shoulder strap covers, and the RFing angle adjuster. I would highly recommend this seat to anyone looking for something that will take their child from newborn through to booster years. It is also the slimmest seat available. My friend is able to get 3 across in the third row of her minivan.
Sarah P.
Springfield, VA
Fantastic car seat for those with limited space. I needed a safe, reliable extended rear facing car seat that would fit in my compact car. I did lots of research and searching for something that suited my needs, and I also solicited the advice for certifired car seat techs, and everything pointed to this seat! Combined with the angle adjuster, this seat fit in my compact car very well, and I was able to rear face my child for as long as possible. It's a very heavy and sturdy seat, and I feel that my child is very safe in it. We are super happy with our purchase.
Jennifer J.
Lancaster, PA
We love this car seat and have three of them. Two for my car and one for my husband's. The only reason we don't have a second for my husband's car is that it won't fit rear facing in his car even with the angle adjuster. We try to always take my car on longer trips since this seat is so much more comfortable for my 1 and 3 year old children. My son hates the Eddie Bauer seat in my husband's car. While it is heavy it also folds nicely for travel and carrying through the airport!
Kate L.
My kids are always in the 90th+ percentile. It was important for me to find a car seat that would allow for extended rear facing. At 45 pounds, this one allows for the longest rear facing of any I could find. It also had the highest height limit for the 5 point harness. The fact that it is narrow is an extra bonus. I currently have two and plan to buy two more. The weathering straps took some getting used to, but I love them once I got the hang of tightening them.
Christina S.
Dundalk, MD
After researching car seats, we decided we wanted the RXT for our everyday family car. I loved that you could fit three acros the backseat, not that we are planning on having 3 car seats, but I knew that would mean that two adults could still fit in the backseat with our son. My inlaws visit regularily, and we wanted to be able to drive places together. It was super easy to install, my son loves his seat, and I love that he can rear face for a long time. We are planning on taking it with us on vacation in September, which means he will fly in this car seat. It is approved for aircraft use.
Erica T.
Theodore, AL
We just purchased this seat 3 weeks ago after months of research and love it. It is a very versatile seat that has a steel frame. It can be used from infancy to 5 years (give or take depending on pounds). What drew us to this seat was the multiple age function and the safety rating. We also like the material/ fabric of the red seating choice. Our son tends to run on the hot side and this mesh fabric is cool and air flow is great. With the low sides he is able to see so much more now- like out of the window and all around him. He can see people who are seated next to him.
Elice M.
jefferson, TX
As a mom of twins I searched and searched and searched for the ideal car seat for my guys for when they outgrew their infant car seats. I LOVE this seat! The material of the seat is PERFECT for our east Texas weather. It won't get too hot while they are in their seats and won't be too cold if we have a winter. I wanted a seat that would allow us to rear face as long as possible and this seat will allow that for the longest compared to every other seat I researched. Our guys are long torsoed so longevity was key. This seat is durable and will last us for YEARS!
Melissa R.
Lake Worth, FL
I've used a Radian car seat for almost five years and love it. It's easy to install and great for traveling since the bottom folds up and it can be carried as a backpack (this is the reason we bought it to begin with). It fits most newborns as well as older children. My almost 4 year old still uses this seat rear facing and has room to grow and my almost 6 year old still fits in this seat forward facing.
Kristine B.
I love this car seat! It has a nice low profile so my daughter has no trouble getting into and out of the seat (not the harness!) by herself. It clears up tons of room in our small backseat giving us all more room over her previous, overly-bulky convertible seat. Since she's on the taller side for her age, I'm so happy I won't have to purchase a separate booster seat later! Also, just pick one up. It is so heavy and sturdy, how could it not be super safe?!
Rebekah K.
Lansdale, Pa
The best car seat. I had no problem installing this myself although it is heavy but it's a steel frame so it's going to be. I got into an accident and this car seat held up so well. It's slimmer then most so you can fit three across in a smaller car. I love this car seat and would repurchase over and over if I had to.
Lindsay C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Does anybody have a smaller vehicle and have no issues with space with this car seat? Anybody drive a 2016 Ford Focus hatchback?
Miranda R.
Rineyville , KY
My small SUV has little room. How bulky is this car seat? We would use if for rear and forward facinf.
Miranda R.