BY DIFFERIN

Acne Treatment - NEW Differin Gel is different! Differin is the first and only FDA-approved full prescription strength retinoid. This acne treatment is now available without a prescription. Differin Gel is dermatologist developed and tested. Differin treats the redness and inflammation associated with acne and helps prevent pimples, blackheads, and clogged pores before they occur. In order to get the best results, spread a thin layer over your face, once a day, every day.Benefits:Once daily topical retinoidOil free, fragrance freePrescribed to over 40 million people globally for more than 20 yearsIn a clinical studies, Differin Gel provided nearly a 60% reduction in acne lesions after 12 weeks which will continue to improve with further use. - Acne Treatment see more...

• Should this be used as acne spot treatment or all over tr...3 Answers
  • My dermatologist recommended I use this daily for acne an...1 Answers
  • I've seen commercials and I'm wondering if it works. I us...4 Answers
Differin® Gel Acne Treatment 1.6 oz. Box

Start your review of Differin® Gel Acne Treatment 1.6 oz. Box!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
🇵🇭Rosali V.
Bensenville
I was browsing for effective acne topical product that is effective. Then I saw Dr. Gray in YouTube (she is a dermatologist who does her own vlog to help people, she is amazing). She did review about Differin. So, I went to Walgreens and bought the acne gel and balancing cleanser non foaming cleanser. I can’t tell you enough how this product help me with my acne. I’ve been using differin for only a week and my pimples are hating me because they are dying and going away from my face ( I don’t need them in my life😏). I tried so many products and this is the one for me!!!
Haley M.
Seattle, WA
This has definitely helped with my dry skin and stubborn AF hyperpigmentation from my hormonal acne. I purged the first two weeks using this, but your skin gets used to it.

Remember to use a very small amount when applying and make sure to apply on top of 1 or 2 moisturizers for less irritation.

I use with the Aquaphor Advanced Therapy around my lips and eyes to prevent itchiness etc. and I also use grapeseed oil and the Ordinary's Moisturizing Factors + a lip balm. I use the Differin gel every other night.

Don't use if you used a vitamin c or other acid exfoliant on your face that day or it could affect your skin's moisture barrier and product effectiveness.
Hannah S.
Westlake
I just started using this product a little over a month ago and I am happy with the results I am starting to see.  I have to warn that it can be harsh at first and will cause some redness and drying but it is SO worth it.  I have finally started to feel more confident with my skin and I had some major cystic acne throughout my chin area.  It had been painful and irritated for a while and I heard about this gel through a coworker and I definitely recommend it for those struggling with severe acne.  There is also a Differin Cleanser that pairs perfectly well with it!
Joanna R.
Summerville, SC
I was skeptical to use this but Ive heard it does wonfers for anti aging. I use it for that not severe acne.
Well im a believer! I began using it in November 3 and now is December 19. I went through minor breakouts (purging period they call) had a lil tough time adjusting but finally got into a routine that works (for my skin) oily combo. I wash with my favorite cleanser Biore charcoal and moisturize dry areas w vaseline, yup vaseline. Only for night time routine. During the day you must wear SPF. I use a light moisturizer and a BB cream and go about my day. My apologies Ill post a better pic next time. No filter. You can see where skin is smooth and where my pores are large and show ugh.
Anyways,
My skin feels smoother, and looks smoother!!! Im 43, hey not perfect skin but it feels smooth. My skin was dull before Differin.
When it dries without anything on, my skin glows!! Its texture became like glass skin no joke a glow I havnt seen on me but now I have! still get lil breakouts but nothing severe. My blemishes and dark old acne scars still around but theyre slowly fading. Oil production has slowed down and it has me convinced this product is life changing.
Pores are visiblr on my cheeks on my nose slightly less visible but not dissapeared.
My skin has totally changed. Im going on my second tube soon. I wear it nightly.
Do not combine any other chemical exfoliants like benzoil peroxide or ahas. Do not.
You will notice a diference in about week two, be consistent and patient. Do not scrub your skin either ever! You will not need to, trust me. Gentle washing is best.
Flakiness will occur thats why you must moisturize after, I apply where needed. On me I apply the vaseline around my mouth, nose and under eyes. I use vaseline because I found I tended to break out more with other products. Avoid scented moisturizers or eye creams they sting. I did a lot of trial and error. Aquaphor is also great. Give this a try and wear sunscreen during the day to protect skin because Differin makes skin sensitive to sunlight.
Jillian C.
Clarkston, MI
I recently stopped taking a medication that I had been on that had been helping keep my acne at bay, so I’ve been breaking out a lot more frequently and needed to start using an acne product. I used to use a different prescription acne product however my insurance no longer covers topical products so I needed to look elsewhere. I was excited to find out that this product is available over the counter instead of only with a prescription, especially since it has the same active ingredient as the topical acne products that i used to use in high school that cleared up my skin very quickly. I have only been using this for two weeks and already my skin is a lot more clear than it was when I started, and I’ve noticed my skin texture and pore size is visibly improved. I will say that my skin is a bit more sensitive and red for the time being, but that is to be expected when using a high dose of retinol, which is in this product. I remember my skin did this as well on my other acne product and it subsided after a few weeks, so don’t be alarmed if your skin is a bit more red for the first few weeks of using this product. It’s definitely a product worth sticking it out, and definitely use lots of moisturizer and maybe even a moisturizing face mask regularly when adjusting to this product.
Abigail N.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This stuff is AMAZING!!! I suffer from cystic acne, hormonal acne, whiteheads and clogged pores. I have been using this stuff for years, back when you could only get it from a dermatologist. This stuff is great to use as a spot treatment or all over. You can wear it overnight or under makeup during the day. It doesn’t flake or create a mark where you’ve put it. It doesn’t overdry the skin and gentle and effective enough for everyday use. I’ve been using it since for over 15 years and it never fails!!!
Amy D.
I wanted to use this product on my hormonal acne that I was struggling with for a few months. I used it as a spot treatment and it started to clear some of my acne but not all of it. Then one day my face became EXTREMELY dry due to using the product. I read reviews online and this apparently is normal and with continued use it will go away. I had the hardest time trying to control my dry skin I gave up on this product and switched to peel pads that cleared my skin up within a few days.
Kristy G.
West Palm Bch, FL
This is the closest thing you can get to persription acne medication over the counter. it actually was originally perscription only up untill recently. What first attracted me to it was the packaging honestly, but when I picked it up and read the active ingredience I knew I had to get it. It uses adapalene gel 0.1% (Retinol) instead of your typical salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide acne spot treatments. Since salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide never really showed me amazing results, I was hoping that this new active ingredient that I've never tried before I would be the answer to my prayers... And it was! It cleared my acne literally overnight without any irritation or drying out my skin. I continue to use it in my acne "hotspots" and haven't had a single break out since. This is the Holy Grail of over the counter acne products. It is so worth the price, even though the tube is small it lasts forever. I'm just finishing my first tube and it's been two months. A little of this clear miracle gel goes a long way. Highly HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone that is frustrated with the basic salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide products that just don't work for them & need something perscription grade you can get over the counter.
Elizabeth G.
Chicago , IL
I had never tried a retinol before Differin. I had just gotten interested in skin care when this became available over the counter. I don't have a lot of acne but i get pimples here and there. This is so much more than an acne treatment though. My skin's clarity and tightness has improved so much. I use this twice a week at night all over the face after cleansing and toning. I also use it as a spot treatment when needed.
Emily M.
I heard about this product after doing some research because my acne was bad I didn’t think it would work because it sounded to good to be true so i used it for a week and I broke out and it said that it might happen so I kept going and the second week it started to clear up!!!! I bought it again the 1.6 ounce because the first one was smaller and my skin is not 100% clear but it’s getting better I recommend this!!!!!
Gianna M.
Palmetto, FL
What's a good face moisturizer to use with this? I had oily combo skin but with this I'm super dry. I've only been using this for about a week.
Lucy M.
Fresno, CA
So how long does the purging period last? I’m on my 2week mark and my skin is starting to get irritated red and breaking out. I’m going to push through it. I’m determined to give it a realistic try.
Molly R.
Lampasas, TX
Is this good for textured skin or clogged pores?
Lisa F.
Island Park
Has anyone tried the Differin® Gel Acne Treatment 1.6 oz. Box that you used to need a prescription for? I’ve heard good things but does it work?