BY DIFFERIN

Travel Size Acne Treatment - NEW Differin Gel is different! Differin is the first and only FDA-approved full prescription strength retinoid. This acne treatment is now available without a prescription. Differin Gel is dermatologist developed and tested. Differin treats the redness and inflammation associated with acne and helps prevent pimples, blackheads, and clogged pores before they occur. In order to get the best results, spread a thin layer over your face, once a day, every day.Benefits:Once daily topical retinoidOil free, fragrance freePrescribed to over 40 million people globally for more than 20 yearsIn a clinical studies, Differin Gel provided nearly a 60% reduction in acne lesions after 12 weeks which will continue to improve with further use. - Travel Size Acne Treatment see more...

• Anybody with deep, dark, and painful cystic acne have res...5 Answers
  • How long did you use this before you saw results? How oft...1 Answers
  • Did this actually clear anyone’s acne? I used this for ab...4 Answers
Maggie K.
Fairfax, VA
This is actually one of the products my dermatologist prescribed me back when I was a teenager and had bad acne (and a dermatologist, for that matter). I remembered that it was one of the more gentle products I had been prescribed so I was excited to see it in the store. I also know from my old derm that this helps with acne scarring as well, so I'm sure to put it on those areas. However, my skin is dry/sensitive and (especially in the winter) I have to be careful not to apply too often or in certain areas, or else my skin gets super irritated, dry, and flaky. If you have sensitive skin like me I recommend washing your hands in between applying this and your lotion and being careful while applying so you don't spread it all over your face, only in the places you need it.
Callie H.
Dade City, FL
The Differin Gel has helped my skin so much. When I first started using the gel, I experienced every side effect (e.g. dry, flaky skin, burning, itching, etc.) but it was worth it. Not only did my acne subside but the texture of my skin has gotten exceptionally better. I have been using it for about 6 months now and the only time that I break out is during my time of the month. If you have been struggling with acne for a long time, definitely try this stuff! This was my last resort before seeing a dermatologist. If you do decide to give it a try, make sure to have a really moisturizing facial moisturizer (I used Ponds dry skin cream) and use a sunscreen anytime you go outside (I use Neutrogena clear face spf 55).
Grace C.
Cumming, GA
Differin started clearing up my skin the very first night! After continued use I noticed spots were much easier to remove using my blackhead extractor. I have hormonal, cystic acne and had been religiously using Retin-A and antibiotic on my face with mixed results. Differin cleared me up in less than a week! It does cause a little irritation, but when that occurs I just take a break, and apply La Roche Posay cicaplast. Sometimes I even layer cicaplast over differin. When I ran out of my first tube I got lazy and tried to use retin-a instead and my skin went nuts again. Differin saved the day. I cannot think of another product that has worked so well for my acne that costs so little.
Christy C.
Limestone
Love it this stuff. If you’re really looking for something that actually does clear acne, this is the stuff! It is a little expensive so I got the small bottle just to give it a test drive and it’s done me wonders. One thing no one ever tells you about this product is that it severely dries your skin out and some people go through this acne purge, but after the purge, you’re skin is completely acne free, I’ve been using this product for over a month and I haven’t had my purge, lots of people don’t get the purge. And my skin is clear now!!
Sway S.
Humphrey, AR
I was ONE Dermatologist visit away from being prescribe Accutane. So that tells you how bad my skin was. This review is coming from someone who has been on Retin-A and oral prescriptions from my dermatologist for this bad acne of mines. I paid $102.00 for the Retin-A 0.05% (yes, I've had higher doses) about 3x and maybe $10.00 for the Differin Gel 0.1%. The Differin Gel (0.01%) works just as well as the Retin-A (0.05%) I'd say they work the same. This gel clear up my acne significantly and I'd rather pay $10 for a product that works the same as a $100+ product prescribed. This might not work as well with a higher dosage than 0.05% in the Retin-A, but it did me well.
Gina S.
Do not get this product if you have sensitive skin! At first when I heard that this product would be on the market, I decided to try it. I've always had acne, but not too bad so I figured I would try this since it is medicated & my mom who is a pharmacist also recommended it. I followed the instructions for this about 3-4 weeks, which is when my skin was supposed to start getting better. I understood that your skin gets worse before it gets better, but my skin never got better!! Not only did it make my skin burn the first week, but I also got dry patches & my skin started breaking out more. I now am left with red areas on my face, more acne, and disappointed in this product!
Charlotte K.
This is the first retinoid treatment I've used since before my accutane days. I picked this up at RiteAid. I felt like it did a really great job of preventing deeper cystic acne, which has been my main problem. My only complaint is that I didn't feel like this size lasted too long. I will definitely be purchasing the bigger size.
Elizabeth V.
Richmond , CA
I've always had acne, but not a whole lot. Now in my 20s, and one random month I broke out like never before! My face was covered in acne, I tried different cleansers and brands but it just got worse. I came across Differin and decided to give it a try. There are some days that my skin looks better than others but I understand that sometimes it will get worse before it gets better and they definitely explained that. It says to continue for 12 weeks, to really see a difference and I am currently on week 9. Lets hope for the best and clear skin!
Meli J.
Laredo, TX
If you have stubborn adult acne & have used countless of OTC products; DIFFERIN is for you!
It's a slow process because you have to use it EVERY DAY, ONCE A DAY! It seems like it gets worse before it gets better. I've been using it for about 3 months & I started seeing a difference at about 6 weeks in. It's patience and consistence in order for this product to work. Hang in there! It is worth it!
Nadine O.
Wexford, PA
Already reviewed for the bigger size but basically : cleared up my acne in about 3-4 weeks in conjunction with some anti bacterial pills, has since kept my face relatively clear by itself for the past month and a half. Downside is that it made my nose very flaky for the first week and made my skin burn when anything was applied, even sunscreen, which was bad because it makes you very susceptible to sunburns so you need the sunscreen. Those effects have disappeared with time though and now I’m very happy with it.
Denisse R.
Anybody with deep, dark, and painful cystic acne have results with this yet? I want to try this before last option - dermatologist. I don't break out often, just around my period, but then it's the deep, cystic bumps that take weeks to heal and then leave dark spots. So even though it doesn't happen frequently, they last forever. I need help with PREVENTION and wondered how this would do? Thanks in advance!
elizabeth e.
Fresno, CA
What drugstores sells this product?
Bryce L.
Athens, GA
Did this actually clear anyone’s acne? I used this for about 2 months consistently and felt it did more harm than good.
Musissha J.
Scarborough, ON
Does anyone know where I could purchase this from? i can no longer find it on Amazon...Differin® Gel Acne Treatment 1.6 oz. Box
Stephanie O.
Tiffin, OH
I know the directions say you can use moisturizer with this, but it doesn’t say if you’re supposed to moisturize before or after applying this treatment. Also, are serums okay to use with it?