BY COCA-COLA #23 in Soda & Carbonated Drinks

Diet Coke, (called Coca-Cola light in some countries), is a sugar-free soft drink produced and distributed by The Coca-Cola Company.

Buy on Walmart*
  • "It doesn't always quench my thirst but it usually meets my desire for something bubbly and with zero calories it makes a great option when I need something other than water." in 12 reviews
  • "This is my favorite soda I won't drink anything else if it's not a Diet Coke everyone in my family likes it was well." in 10 reviews
  • "Diet Coke is my beverage of choice, and I would drink it every meal of every day if it were not unhealthy and bad for my teeth." in 9 reviews
  • "Diet Coke is not the soda for me it taste to watery i really like the original Coca Cola much better " in 9 reviews
  • "Nothing refreshes me and quenches my thirst (...and subdues my headaches...) quite like an ice cold Diet Coke." in 9 reviews
Flora J.
Flora J.
Butler, AL
I probably drink more soda than I should but there is nothing like a good cold Diet Coke. It gives that refreshing feeling. I really enjoy the fact that Diet Coke does not have an after taste since it has artificial sweeteners. Most products with artificial sweeteners do that.

Living in small rural town we tend to get new products later than everyone else. Our local grocery just recently had the new (I am assuming limited edition as part of their have a Coke and sing campaign) decorated glass bottles of Diet Coke with the flip cap (you need that bottle cap remover). I was lucky to get me a whole case as they were on sale for 79 cents each. There are several designs. They are just beautiful. Now I have to say, you have not had a Diet Coke until you have one from a glass bottle. The first swallow lets you know it's pure heaven. Love Diet Coke. lol. If you run across the glass bottle one you may just want to give it a try.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Sewickley, PA
Very good, actually too good. I wish it tasted awful so that I wouldn't want to drink it anymore. I wish that the mere smell of it made me sick to my stomach so that I wouldn't be tempted to put it to my mouth. However that is not the case. It tastes amazing. I love how it has the perfect amount of flavor with just the right amount of carbonation. The one thing I don't like is that even though it's "diet" Coke, it certainly doesn't help you shed any pounds whatsoever - whatever they take out of the regular Coke and then substitute with in the Diet Coke don't make a bit of difference in helping with weight loss. Which leads me back to my original thought of wishing that they would make it taste horrible so that people like me wouldn't be so tempted to drink it so much anymore.
Kate W.
Kate W.
Cocoa, FL
I buy so much Diet Coke I feel like I should own shares of the company. Last year I lost a ton of weight, and I credit a lot of that to Diet Coke. I replaced a lot of my conventional snacks with a can of this, and it really helped kill cravings for sweets. In addition to that, I just really really like it. I love the taste and how it's not overly sweet. I love how long it stays fizzy. I love how I can buy a plastic bottle and it won't go flat after a day of being open. I like how they don't use Splenda (I really hate Splenda... it leaves a funky aftertaste). If Diet Coke was a person, I'd consider marrying him.
ana s.
ana s.
I absolutely love this pop. i could only find it in the vending machine at work so would buy it daily there until some of my local stores started carrying it. now only one store i go to carries it and i hope they never stop carrying it. also i hope this pop never gets discontinued.

aabsolutamrnte amo esta soda. solamente lo podia encontrar en las maquinas de vender en el trabajo y lo compraba diario. hasta que las tiendas locales lo empezaron a carrear. ahora solamente una tienda donde voy lo carrea. ojala que no parren de carrear y ojala que esta soda nunca sea descontinuada.
Jia M.
Jia M.
Foodie Expert
Diet Coke is my favorite beverage of all time!! I've been drinking it ever since I was little. I always have a stock of it in my fridge and it pairs so well with all of my favorite foods (i.e. pizza, pasta, hamburgers, etc.). I'd take a can of Diet Coke over a glass of wine any day! I don't drink Diet Coke because of it's "diet" factors - it's its own category and has such a different flavor than regular Coke. I like that it isn't too syrup-y and doesn't leave an aftertaste like Coke. This product is simply the best.
Heidi N.
Heidi N.
Grapevine, TX
Try as I might, I can't give up Diet Coke. With some diet drinks there is a definite aftertaste, but there isn't one with Diet Coke. This probably sounds weird, but one of my favorite things about Diet Coke is that it doesn't stain. Obviously if you spill half a can on your bedspread (I did) it's going to leave a stain, but if you just spill a little on your shirt/pants when you're drinking it, wipe it and it won't leave a noticeable stain. A definite plus! And bonus, it's refreshing and delicious!
Lauren N.
Lauren N.
Chandler, AZ
I'm probably diet cokes biggest fan. I'm so obsessed with diet coke that I don't think I've had a regular coke in probably like 10 years. I love diet soda (all varieties) because I can drink as much as I want without worrying about calories. However, if you are a regular coke fan and want to switch to a diet drink, I recommend coke zero. Diet coke has a different taste/flavor, but coke zero is formulated to taste more like regular coke.
Baylee G.
Baylee G.
Garland, TX
This is not a beverage I would recommend to anybody. Full disclosure: I am not a fan of the Original Coke. However, Diet Coke has a noticeably different taste than the original. It always seemed like there was something missing from the ingredients, like the large amounts of sugar normally present in the original. I get that this is supposed to be a healthier alternative to the more unhealthy sodas, but it just tastes really bland.
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Foodie Expert
I'm only filling this out because I was prompted to. I hate coke, it tastes highly acidic and too sugary. I stopped drinking coke about six months ago and I can't say that all of my problems are solved but I do feel a heck of a lot better. I do buy Coke for my husband who drinks about a case every two days and complains about not feeling well, but that's a different story. He likes these unhealthy, overpriced drinks so I buy them.
Janet S.
Janet S.
Lindenhurst, NY
I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I started dieting when I was 15 and started drinking Diet Coke. I'm 22 and I hate regular Coke now. It's sometimes embarrassing when I'm like "a 20 piece nugget and a large fry... And a Diet Coke" lmao but I don't even like Diet Coke because it's zero calories. I love the taste. Diet Coke is my life. I withdraw from it if I go a day without it. It's like my coffee. Lmao I could go on and on all day.
Michelle S.
Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi?
Giuliana T.
Giuliana T.
Danville, CA
How many calories are in this?
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
West bend, WI
Foodie Expert
Anyone else like Diet Coke better in a can vs. a bottle?
Molly M.
Molly M.
Columbus, OH
Is diet coke better than regular coke? (Tasting?) I don't drink pop, so I wouldn't know.