Dictionary.com, LLC Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus for iPad

by Dictionary.com, LLC

Top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words. Features: • English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms • Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content • Daily content, including Word of the Day, slideshows & the blog • Audio pronunciations • Example sentences • Word Origin & History • Voice search (five free searches included) • Medical Dictionary with over 45,000 medical words & definitions available as a Premium Upgrade • Science Dictionary with over 8,500 science definitions & illustrations available as a Premium Upgrade • Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English • Slang Dictionary with over 19,000 modern and fun definitions available as a Premium Upgrade • Grammar & Tips available as a Premium Upgrade • Idioms & Phrases with over 10,000 idioms available as a Premium Upgrade • Modern, up-to-date English definitions & content • Customizable font sizes for better readability • Favorite words • Search history • Spelling suggestions • Popular & local trending searches

Can this dictionary app be used offline?
Start your review of Dictionary.com, LLC Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus for iPad!
How would you rate this product?
4 years agoCollinsville, Il
I love this app. Every time I don't know a word in a book I'm reading I look it up easily on here. I love that it shows synonyms and example sentences as well so that you really understand the word and how to use it. I like the favorites feature so you can favorite words you really like or want to use more often. It's also really nice that the app has a word of the day because I've always tried to do that on my own but having the app pick one for me really makes me want to do it.
4 years agoMiami Gardens, FL
Essential! I can always ask Siri what something means but it's cool to go to the dictionary app and get synonyms on the thesaurus built it.. I wish you didn't have to pay for other learning tool inside the app, education and learning should be free but you know money rules this little u.s world we live in. But yeah cool app for people who care a lot about learning and finding out what words mean. Also the word of the day is vital ;)
5 years agoRaytown, MO
I keep this app handy for multiple reasons. It is good to use when playing words with friends or scrabble and I use it a lot at work when looking up different spellings and uses for patients medications they are taking. The app is efficient, I have never had any problems with stalling or closing for no reason.
4 years agoKansas City, MO
Best way to learn new words and find words. I love that they send you notifications on new words, topics, daily information and more. You can even chose what notifications you want to come to your phone. Save your favorite words and come back to them. Simple app to look up words.
5 years agoWarren, MI
Both as an avid word game player and as a grandmother of school age children, I find Dictionary.com app to be an invaluable source of information. My grandchildren know that they can find just about anything they need when it comes to spelling and definitions in this tiny app.
5 years agoWinter Park, FL
AMAZING app. I am a college student and I am consistently writing papers. This app gives me the dictionary, much better than Word's installed dictionary, so I can access it whenever I need to. I was able to access synonyms as well! Again, this app rocks.
4 years agoCape Coral, FL
I love this app. Its such a simple app for multiple reasons. Its great when you need to look up those difficult words in your textbook that you don't know what the heck it means and when you need to find out synonyms or antonyms when writing a paper!
5 years agoBrookfield, WI
This app is supper useful for students are just anyone. it gives you definitions with examples and is a quick and easy app on the go. I highly suggest buying the FREE app for your smartphone, you would be surprised how much you actually use it
5 years agoPortland, OR
I use this site all the time! I love having the app on my phone because I can quickly switch to it to make sure the word I'm about to text to someone makes sense. I also used it all the time in school for the thesaurus! It saved my life!
4 years ago
This app is fairly simple yet extremely useful. It is my favorite dictionary app (and website). I use it whenever I encounter an unfamiliar word in every situation (school or not). Would definitely recommend!