Dictionary.com, LLC Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus uploaded by Vanessa G.

BY DICTIONARY.COM, LLC

Top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words. Features: • English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms • Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content • Daily content, including Word of the Day, slideshows & the blog • Audio pronunciations • Example sentences • Word origin & history • Voice search (five free searches included) • Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions available as a premium upgrade • Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations available as a premium upgrade • Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English • Modern, up-to-date English definitions & content • Customizable font sizes for better readability • Favorite words • Search history • Spelling suggestions • Popular & local trending searches Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications > Dictionary and toggle On or Off. see more...

sara s.
I use this app all the time. I helps me when I'm writing for literature class. It keeps me from being redundant with the same word of phrase. It also helps when I'm reading a book and I need to look up a word really quick before going back to the book.
Sara N.
A dictionary at your fingertips! This app is great if you're in school, and you can also use this as a thesaurus. With the iPhone being able to define words for you now though, I see this app becoming less useful.
Allie K.
Redding, CT
Great for when I'm reading on a bus/train and need to look up an unfamiliar word. Also wonderful for enhancing my vocabulary in general, especially with the Word of the Day function. I also love how it lets me earn mPoints for looking up words and checking the word of the day. Sometimes, the user interface can be a little clunky, but overall, a wonderful and super useful app.
Tony L.
Pocahontas, AR
I love this app! It's always one of the first I install whenever I get a new device. I work for a newspaper and use it all of the time. Whether for the dictionary or the thesaurus. It is a free app that I downloaded from the Google Playstore.
Beauty L.
I use this all the time. It very useful and helpful. It has the option to hear how it's pronounced. You can use this even when you're bored to learn a new word. Expansion of the mind is beautiful. The mind is the best tool in life.
Olivia  Q.
Escondido, CA
I like this app! i keep it on my phone for when I'm reading a book and come across a word i don't know. I gave it four stars though because for extra little features you have to pay more. idk i just think why charge on the app when if i pull up the website theres no charge. all in all this app is really helpful to have around
Alexa P.
Love this app! Use it all the time. Great for students & quick look ups. Spelling help, definitions & words of the day also transitions & a thesaurus. Also I great addition is the pronounciation that u can listen to!
Alicia W.
Muskegon, MI
It's a really reliable app. It has a bunch of other sections as well; like, a thesaurus and word of the day. There is even a points section where you can enter into cool sweepstakes.
Tanasia K.
Kennesaw , GA
The most useful app on my phone! Whenever I come across a word I'm unfamiliar with, I can easily look up its definition. I love how it gives you a list of synonyms and antonyms as well.
janilsa s.
This was my best friend in high school especially since they have an app. It was so helpful for my english class when I got those long vocabulary lists. The app is very easy to use.
Viana P.
Would this be more convenient than looking it up on safari?