Dictionary.com, LLC Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus

by Dictionary.com, LLC

Top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words. Features: • English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms • Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content • Daily content, including Word of the Day, slideshows & the blog • Audio pronunciations • Example sentences • Word origin & history • Voice search (five free searches included) • Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions available as a premium upgrade • Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations available as a premium upgrade • Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English • Modern, up-to-date English definitions & content • Customizable font sizes for better readability • Favorite words • Search history • Spelling suggestions • Popular & local trending searches Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications > Dictionary and toggle On or Off.

Would this be more convenient than looking it up on safari?
Start your review of Dictionary.com, LLC Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus!
How would you rate this product?
3 years ago
I use this app all the time. I helps me when I'm writing for literature class. It keeps me from being redundant with the same word of phrase. It also helps when I'm reading a book and I need to look up a word really quick before going back to the book.
3 years ago
A dictionary at your fingertips! This app is great if you're in school, and you can also use this as a thesaurus. With the iPhone being able to define words for you now though, I see this app becoming less useful.
4 years agoRedding, CT
Great for when I'm reading on a bus/train and need to look up an unfamiliar word. Also wonderful for enhancing my vocabulary in general, especially with the Word of the Day function. I also love how it lets me earn mPoints for looking up words and checking the word of the day. Sometimes, the user interface can be a little clunky, but overall, a wonderful and super useful app.
4 years agoPocahontas, AR
I love this app! It's always one of the first I install whenever I get a new device. I work for a newspaper and use it all of the time. Whether for the dictionary or the thesaurus. It is a free app that I downloaded from the Google Playstore.
3 years ago
I use this all the time. It very useful and helpful. It has the option to hear how it's pronounced. You can use this even when you're bored to learn a new word. Expansion of the mind is beautiful. The mind is the best tool in life.
4 years agoEscondido, CA
I like this app! i keep it on my phone for when I'm reading a book and come across a word i don't know. I gave it four stars though because for extra little features you have to pay more. idk i just think why charge on the app when if i pull up the website theres no charge. all in all this app is really helpful to have around
5 years ago
Love this app! Use it all the time. Great for students & quick look ups. Spelling help, definitions & words of the day also transitions & a thesaurus. Also I great addition is the pronounciation that u can listen to!
5 years agoMUSKEGON, MI
It's a really reliable app. It has a bunch of other sections as well; like, a thesaurus and word of the day. There is even a points section where you can enter into cool sweepstakes.
5 years agoKennesaw, GA
The most useful app on my phone! Whenever I come across a word I'm unfamiliar with, I can easily look up its definition. I love how it gives you a list of synonyms and antonyms as well.
5 years ago
This was my best friend in high school especially since they have an app. It was so helpful for my english class when I got those long vocabulary lists. The app is very easy to use.