BY DICKINSON'S #5 in Toners & Astringents

Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Toner refreshes skin & refines pores, removing excess oil, dirt & makeup residue without overdrying. Its 100% natural formula contains no added fragrances or dyes. Since 1866, our exclusive blend of witch hazel plant extracts creates its signature botanical scent and make it gentle enough for even sensitive skin every day. see more...

• Is this the best toner or do you have any other favorites?5 Answers
  • I have very sensitive skin and am always reluctant to try new pro...2 Answers
  • Where can I buy this?2 Answers
Raven A.
Philadelphia
I SWEAR by witch-hazel. I’m not a fan of many toners because I have combination / oily skin and anything with too much alcohol in it I just walk away from. Stripping the oil from your skin is NEVER good. It will cause your skin to over produce oil and you’ll be a grease bucket by 1pm. When I use Dickson’s witch-hazel my skin isn’t “tight”. Have you ever washed your face and your skin is super tight because your face wash was harsh and you put toner on your face and it’s STILL tight !? Well after I wash my face and use this toner I’m in love with my skin even before the moisturizer. Sometimes I even use just 100% witch-hazel. I don’t use anything but witch hazel and my skin is phenomenal 💅🏾. I think we should all throw out toners in 2018 and start really paying attention to ingredients. Swap your toner for witch hazel and FEEL the difference !!
Caitlin M.
Up until now, I hadn't routinely used a toner since I was in high school. (I made the switch to the various waters out there on the market.) But when I started breaking out, this was at the top of my must-try list.

It's one of those that has a classic following, so I wanted to see how I'd fare with it. . My acne decreased quite a bit when used in conjunction with a gentle cleanser, so I was more than thrilled. I found it to be gentle and effective, but if you have overly sensitive or red skin, you might proceed with caution as it does have some grain alcohol in it. Again, this didn't prove to be an issue for me, but it might be for others!

The smell wasn't my favorite—a little too natural and medicinal for me. But hey, you only use it a little bit at a time, so I can't complain too much.
Alison A.
Las Vegas, NV
Witch hazel is my holy grail toner! It's natural properties not only promote healing and act as an antibacterial, but it also reduces redness, inflammation, and puffiness and softens and moisturizes your skin while deep cleaning! There are so many uses for witch hazel it's unbelievable! Not all products are the same though, often consisting of more alcohol than witch hazel. Dickinson's has always been my go-to, it's all natural, contains some natural occurring alcohol, but it doesn't take away from the witch hazel properties, is a little more pricey than others, but well worth it! You truly get what you pay for!
Teri B.
This stuff is amazing. It has helped my skin out big time. After using it for a little while I started to notice my acne clearing up more than ever before and it has kept it away for the most part. And once I do break out and use this toner not long after my breakouts are going away. I also only use this once a day, but you can use it twice a day if you prefer to since it is a more gentle toner. I have combination skin and it does not dry my skin out, and leaves it feeling fresh and clean. This is by far my favorite toner that I have tried so far. I also love the price point for this for how much product you get. You really don't need much of this either so a bottle will last you a long time.
Amee M.
Secaucus, NJ
I use this witch hazel as part of my cleaning routine when I see that either I am about to break out or when I see excess oil buildup around my face. This with some cotton balls removes a lot of dirt and makeup even after I wash my face with two face washes!! It is great for blemishes that you have just popped or aren't ready to pop. This product has a weird smell but trust me when I say it goes away! My boyfriend smelled my face and said it was a weird smell but after about 5 mins you don't even notice the smell anyway. Lasts pretty long too! Love that! And the price at Walmart was very cheap! Less then $5
Nina T.
Springfield, MO
Literally the only toner I'll ever use because I actually see results. The toner doesn't dry out my skin like others, is effective in toning but also clearing acne (think, you can use this on cuts so it has healing properties), and is so much cheaper than everything else as well! Witch hazel is a holy grail product that anyone with any kind of skin can use. I use the toner after my cleanser and before my moisturizer in the morning and at night on a cotton ball or cotton pad. It also removes any leftover makeup I may have missed and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.
Bri K.
Washington
This product does what it says its suppose to do, get rid of/ shrink pores. As a consumer so many times products say they are going to do something for you face and when put to the task they don’t work. But Dickinson witch hazel is great! I also love that its not drying. I have used toners in the past by other brands and they would leave my face feeling extremely dry and my face felt worse than before i used toner. But Dickinson does the complete opposite and Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner is just amazing!!! Totally recommend!!!
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I've never used a toner before, so I didn't want to get anything too expensive I saw this one on a couple of my beauty groups on Facebook so I decided to give a try. I went ahead and did my usual skincare routine and left the toner for the last step. Right after I put it on my face I could notice a difference. it didn't leave my skin dry like I thought it would. I have oily skin and I noticed that it also helped, it's only been a couple of days that I use this day and night so I am excited to see what the results are when I've used it for a couple of weeks!
Melanie D.
Would honestly give this zero stars if i could. It smelled horrible, the packaging leaked, it did absolutely nothing to clean my pores, if anything they were more clogged. The worst part however was that this gave me horrible breakouts every time i used it. huge, inflamed, painful acne all over my cheeks. I bought it to use after peels, as it was more gentle than what i normally use and got good reviews online and as soon as i stopped using it my skin started to clear. Tried a couple times with the same results every time.
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
This is my go too face toner I love this stuff! It has definitely gotten rid of a lot of blemishes and marks I've had on my face and tones down any redness I have going on.. I've seen a big difference in my pores as well I don't have as many since using this. The only downfall I have is it is drying on my face but for the benefits I get out of it I look past that and just add some face moisturizer right after. A bottle lasts quit a bit of time because you only need a little bit on a cotton round for the whole face.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
Where can you find this product?
Molly M.
Stratham, NH
How does this product work with sensitive skin? My face tends to get really red with certain products, and I've used witch hazel face wipes which would cause redness. Does this witch hazel toner help with that?
rose c.
El Paso, TX
Is this product suppose sting when you apply it ?
Staci M.
Salinas, CA
Does this leave your skin dry? I already have dry skin and acne. Does this take the red away from new pimples?
Luvleen W.
How is this toner? Does it really help clear your skin? Is it hydrating for dry skin?