BY DICKINSON'S #4 in Toners & Astringents

Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Toner refreshes skin & refines pores, removing excess oil, dirt & makeup residue without overdrying. Its 100% natural formula contains no added fragrances or dyes. Since 1866, our exclusive blend of witch hazel plant extracts creates its signature botanical scent and make it gentle enough for even sensitive skin every day. see more...

• Is this the best toner or do you have any other favorites?5 Answers
  • I have very sensitive skin and am always reluctant to try new produ...2 Answers
  • Where can I buy this?2 Answers
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is truly amazing in its simplicity and overall effectiveness. After years of suffering with milia on my chin, they are now gone after using this for just one week! I tried everything - from eliminating foods from my diet to different face washes, toners, moisturizers, etc. I now realize that it wasn't what I was doing that was causing my chin to constantly break out - it was what I wasn't doing. I was not using an effective toner after cleansing. I also realize that the fewer ingredients in a product, the better. My skin just didn't need all the additives that most beauty products have in them. Some of the other benefits are softer, smoother skin. Even with the 14% alcohol, my skin isn't dry at all. I use twice each day, morning and evening after cleansing.

As far as the smell goes - really? Who cares? If it does the job and the end result is as good as I've gotten, I could care less about the smell. Besides, the smell goes away as soon as it dries on the skin which is very quickly. I plan to use this toner for the rest of my life!!
Annah W.
Annah W.
York , SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Terrible honestly. I saw another person on YouTube recommend this and I'm a sucker for "natural products" and my mom had told me several times I needed to use some witch hazel to clear up my occasional breakouts and it's very affordable so I was super excited to try it out. First off it smells awful. I noticed after maybe 4-5 months of using it my skin wasn't any clearer and seamed to get agitated every night for a few hours after I applied it. I was ranting about it one day to a friend and she asked me if it had alcohol in it and I knew on the front of the bottle it claimed to be "100% natural" so I said no but she persisted I check more and thank goodness I did because I checked the bottle some more and in some small print somewhere I found that the only other ingredient was grain alcohol or down thing crazy like that and maybe it works for some people but for me and my sensitive skin noooo thank you 💁🏻
Beth
Beth
Phoenix,AZ
I love this toner. I not only use it for my face, but I use it for a plethora of other beauty hacks. This is a lightweight toner that adds the perfect amount of moisture to your canvas. After cotton ball application, you can see all of the dirt that your normal facial cleanser left behind. The only reason I could not give it 5 stars is because it does take some drying time. After the initial application (if using as a facial toner) it remains a little sticky feeling until it's fully dry (I find for my oily combination skin type about 3-6 minutes), so if you're in a rush to apply a primer or base of some sort to scoot out the door that day, this may not be the way to go. However, I'd say it's worth it to beat the drying effects of something more alcohol based. It does have a distinct smell, but is still mild and not overpowering. Can't stress what a must have this is for those of you with combination skin!
dorothy r.
dorothy r.
I really love this product! I use it at night when I take off my makeup and just want to clean my face before I sleep. Since I have sensitive skin, I usually have to compromise and get cleansing cloths that just clean on the surface; however, I received this product complimentary from Influenster to test and review and was SHOCKED by how well it worked with cleaning deep as well as being gentle on my sensitive skin! These toner do a great job removing dirt and grime that you have acquired throughout the day and may have not even known it! The TONER smell natural (so not super amazing also not super bad). I think the fact they did not use a fragrance and used natural products may be one of the reasons that these toner do not cause my skin to break out or get irritated. I am very satisfied with this product and how it cleans deep without bothering my skin!
Kelsie C.
Kelsie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is my HOLY GRAIL, for real. Before I started using this I would have huge breakouts that basically wouldn't go down. I started using this to spot treat them and the size went down over night. I don't what it is about this product but it decreases pimples and unwanted bumps! It is a natural product and is not drying to my skin. I always follow up with a moisturizer and usually only use it at night since I use something else in the mornings. Since most toners already have some witch hazel in them anyways then I will sometimes follow up with this one after using my other toner in my three-step system (equate proactiv).This also works great on ANY area of the body after you shave and prevents ingrown hairs. I lovvvve witch hazel and don't know were I would be without it. A++*++++++++++
Esmeralda H.
Esmeralda H.
Tucson, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I never knew the benefits of using a toner can have on your face until just last year. I went to my esthetician and she really recommended Dickinson's original witch hazel because of my acne prone and sensitive skin. I was amazed of all the wonderful benefit witch hazel could have on my type of skin. This product definitely deliveres! I used this toner for both my night and morning skin regimen. The toner helps remove all the dirt, oil, and makeup after cleansing at night, and helps your serums, sunscreen, and makeup go on smooth and evenly in the morning when you use it. If that wasn't enough it helps replenish your pH levels without drying your skin and it does not, I repeat it does not leave your face with that stretch feeling. I love, love, love this product and I definitely recommend it!
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Long Is City, NY
Witch hazel is a good natural astringent (removes excess oil from skin), anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory. These properties make witch hazel effective for killing bacteria, prevent cellular damage and signs of aging, and help tighten pores. As a staple in many natural skincare routines, witch hazel is used as a natural remedy for acne, ingrown hairs, puffy eyes, to soothe scalp irritation, and can also be used to treat mosquito bites as well as being a good base for homemade bug repellent.

Although the 14% alcohol content common in most market brands, including Dickinson's, may be drying to some skin types, using witch hazel as a cleansing facial toner or as an ingredient in DIY recipes will help protect the skin from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
Kyle B.
Kyle B.
Homestead, PA
As a guy in his late twenties, I still find myself with the occasional pimple here and there and am not a big fan of all the chemicals you find in other facial washes or toners. My mom actually told me about this stuff last year and got me my first bottle, which I instantly loved. The smell is a bit off putting because of the alcohol used, but other than that it works really well and leaves my face feeling very clean. It isn't very harsh or leaves my skin reddish either, which is a plus. And it lasts a long time, which is great because it is a bit pricey but is well worth it. Also, it's awesome that i can just walk to my local drug store and pick it up whenever I run out. It's great product and I gotta thank my Mom for telling me about it.
Samantha V.
Samantha V.
Hampshire, IL
This was the first astringent/ toner I ever used after hearing multiple you-tubers rave about it. It was the one thing that helped clear up my skin and had noticeable results on my stubborn acne. It literally removes the dirt and access makeup off your face after you've washed it, after using this you'd be amazed how much still stays on your face. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because I really hated the smell of it, smelt like burning rubber and I have now found a similar witch hazel toner that smells better. But overall, really helped with my acne and makes your skin feel refreshed throughout the day if you get oily and want to remove the oil and dirt. If you can tolerate the smell I highly recommend this toner!
Mistie B.
Mistie B.
Punta Gorda, FL
I purchased this because I had an awful sunburn on my face and that caused me to break out terribly. This struck me while at Walgreens that something that may help soothe my skin. And soothe it did. I really enjoy using this after a deep clean, it just adds to the feeling. While it soothed and feels like it deep cleans from the fizzy feeling my face gets after use, the smell is distracting. The smell really ruins the feel good experience but I suppose it is the price to pay for a more natural approach. The price and quantity is wonderful, and reviews have claimed it is a life altering winner, but I can't say my skin is getting extraordinary results just yet. Just a general feeling of clean and calming.
Christina W.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can you find this product?
Molly M.
Molly M.
Stratham, NH
How does this product work with sensitive skin? My face tends to get really red with certain products, and I've used witch hazel face wipes which would cause redness. Does this witch hazel toner help with that?
Staci M.
Staci M.
Salinas, CA
Does this leave your skin dry? I already have dry skin and acne. Does this take the red away from new pimples?
rose c.
rose c.
El Paso, TX
Is this product suppose sting when you apply it ?
Luvleen W.
Luvleen W.
How is this toner? Does it really help clear your skin? Is it hydrating for dry skin?