BY DICKINSON'S #3 in Toners & Astringents

Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Toner refreshes skin & refines pores, removing excess oil, dirt & makeup residue without overdrying. Its 100% natural formula contains no added fragrances or dyes. Since 1866, our exclusive blend of witch hazel plant extracts creates its signature botanical scent and make it gentle enough for even sensitive skin every day. see more...

• Is this the best toner or do you have any other favorites?5 Answers
  • I have very sensitive skin and am always reluctant to try new pro...2 Answers
  • Where can I buy this?2 Answers
Caitlin M.
Up until now, I hadn't routinely used a toner since I was in high school. (I made the switch to the various waters out there on the market.) But when I started breaking out, this was at the top of my must-try list.

It's one of those that has a classic following, so I wanted to see how I'd fare with it. . My acne decreased quite a bit when used in conjunction with a gentle cleanser, so I was more than thrilled. I found it to be gentle and effective, but if you have overly sensitive or red skin, you might proceed with caution as it does have some grain alcohol in it. Again, this didn't prove to be an issue for me, but it might be for others!

The smell wasn't my favorite—a little too natural and medicinal for me. But hey, you only use it a little bit at a time, so I can't complain too much.
Alison A.
Las Vegas, NV
Witch hazel is my holy grail toner! It's natural properties not only promote healing and act as an antibacterial, but it also reduces redness, inflammation, and puffiness and softens and moisturizes your skin while deep cleaning! There are so many uses for witch hazel it's unbelievable! Not all products are the same though, often consisting of more alcohol than witch hazel. Dickinson's has always been my go-to, it's all natural, contains some natural occurring alcohol, but it doesn't take away from the witch hazel properties, is a little more pricey than others, but well worth it! You truly get what you pay for!
Teri B.
This stuff is amazing. It has helped my skin out big time. After using it for a little while I started to notice my acne clearing up more than ever before and it has kept it away for the most part. And once I do break out and use this toner not long after my breakouts are going away. I also only use this once a day, but you can use it twice a day if you prefer to since it is a more gentle toner. I have combination skin and it does not dry my skin out, and leaves it feeling fresh and clean. This is by far my favorite toner that I have tried so far. I also love the price point for this for how much product you get. You really don't need much of this either so a bottle will last you a long time.
Nina T.
Springfield, MO
Literally the only toner I'll ever use because I actually see results. The toner doesn't dry out my skin like others, is effective in toning but also clearing acne (think, you can use this on cuts so it has healing properties), and is so much cheaper than everything else as well! Witch hazel is a holy grail product that anyone with any kind of skin can use. I use the toner after my cleanser and before my moisturizer in the morning and at night on a cotton ball or cotton pad. It also removes any leftover makeup I may have missed and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
I've never used a toner before, so I didn't want to get anything too expensive I saw this one on a couple of my beauty groups on Facebook so I decided to give a try. I went ahead and did my usual skincare routine and left the toner for the last step. Right after I put it on my face I could notice a difference. it didn't leave my skin dry like I thought it would. I have oily skin and I noticed that it also helped, it's only been a couple of days that I use this day and night so I am excited to see what the results are when I've used it for a couple of weeks!
Melanie D.
Would honestly give this zero stars if i could. It smelled horrible, the packaging leaked, it did absolutely nothing to clean my pores, if anything they were more clogged. The worst part however was that this gave me horrible breakouts every time i used it. huge, inflamed, painful acne all over my cheeks. I bought it to use after peels, as it was more gentle than what i normally use and got good reviews online and as soon as i stopped using it my skin started to clear. Tried a couple times with the same results every time.
Alicia T.
brooklyn, NY
using this has easily become one of my favorite parts of my skin care routine, after cleansing and exfoliating, which can leave your pores open, this truly cleans out all of the left over residues and products, as well as closes your pores, so by the time you apply moisturizer you won't clog them. amazing!!! only reason why i didn't give a 5 is because the smell (ik that its how it's supposed to smell!) i wish there was some extra product like rose, or something of that sort to soften the smell!
Alexa M.
Oakton, VA
I'm not a fan of the smell, but it's a must-have for my acne-prone skin. I still break out quite a bit, but I feel like my breakouts die out a bit faster with the witch hazel spray. You can get this at pretty much any drugstore or grocery store and it's an affordable, natural toner that won't dry your skin out too much. I usually apply it after I cleanse with a cotton pad so my skin can soak it in and I moisturize afterwards. My skin always feels really clean and comfortable after application.
April J.
I’ve never used anything other than witch hazel to clean my skin. Admittedly, I don’t wear much make-up, but what I do wear always comes off easily and my pores feel clean and tight after applying WH. I tried everything as a teen with nasty acne, and it may be a coincidence, but when I started using WH is when my skin cleared up and I’ve never looked back. As a bonus, it’s sooooo much cheaper than a lot of the other toners and astringents (and is the basis for some of them).
Megan H.
First impressions:

I just tried this product out and I can already tell that it does what it says. Definitely toned my pores and I have large pores. Right away, my skin feels very fresh and soothing. I have very red cheeks and in just a minute, it slightly reduced the redness.

THE ONLY CON IS THE SMELL! It smells like a cooking product or something! I could not stand It, but thankfully the smell goes away in a minute.

For $5 though, you can’t go wrong with this toner
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
Where can you find this product?
Molly M.
Stratham, NH
How does this product work with sensitive skin? My face tends to get really red with certain products, and I've used witch hazel face wipes which would cause redness. Does this witch hazel toner help with that?
rose c.
El Paso, TX
Is this product suppose sting when you apply it ?
Staci M.
Salinas, CA
Does this leave your skin dry? I already have dry skin and acne. Does this take the red away from new pimples?
Luvleen W.
How is this toner? Does it really help clear your skin? Is it hydrating for dry skin?