DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent

PURE POWER. In one invigorating step, Dickinson's Deep Cleansing Astringent delivers MORE Witch Hazel with Eucalyptus for clearer skin to reveal pure you. The first ingredient is our 100% natural distilled Witch Hazel. For generations, we have sustainably sourced and hand harvested organic Witch Hazel plants from over 33,000 acres of New England forests. Our environmentally friendly distillation process ensures the purest quality Witch Hazel with the power to effectively cleanse, tone and refresh even the most sensitive skin without overdrying. Dickinson's Deep Cleansing Astringent is made with cooling Eucalyptus, Menthol and only clean ingredients to keep skin as clear and pure as possible. It has no parabens, sulfates, dyes, phthalates or gluten and is vegan and cruelty-free.

• Benefits
    • Dissolves oil, Extracts dirt, Clears pores & Cools & refreshes
  • How To Use
    • Use daily after scrub / cleanser or before applying skin treatments, masks or makeup. Moisten a cotton ball or pad and apply to face and neck. For best results, use in the morning and at night for perfectly clean & blemish free skin.
  • Ingredients
    • Natural Distilled Witch Hazel (containing Natural Grain Alcohol 14%), Alcohol Denat., Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Eucalyptol, Menthol, Camphor.

What’s the main difference between a toner and astringent? Do you recommend using own or the other or both in an everyday skin care routine?
Does the product help with scarring as well as hydrating the skin?
Did this help with acne? If so, how long did it take for full effect?
Start your review of DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent!
How would you rate this product?
9 days agoBrooklyn, NY
Story Time!
I was looking for a toner I can purchase in store instead of solely online. I saw Dickenson's Witch Hazel Deep Sleansing Astringent and saw awesome reviews on how good it is for dry and sensitive skin. Literally that week, in comes the product I was looking at in my VoxBox. Couldn't have come at a better time! I was so stoked!
Time passes and nothing. Two week mark hits and i see acne on my cheek near my mouth, my forehead and my temples. I was having a too stressful to explain week and wasn't eating so good so I thought that was the culprit. I thought give I'd give it more time, and the magic will begin. Almost hitting the third week mark it hits me, literally. Well, the sound of my laptop hitting the floor hits me first while I was using the wonderfuly reviewed Dickenson's product. Most of my face was cleansed when I went to see where it came from. Somehow my baby sister got in my room, climbed on top of my bed and pushed my laptop off of it. (Somehow my laptop was still good minus the many scratches it got from the big hardwood punch it took.) I asked her what happened and in the middle of her "trying to be cute/I didn't do it/it fell on it's own speech," it hits me. My face crisped like a chip. My face was literally dry and burning. I left my face un moisturized for not even 20 seconds and my face is on fire. My first thought was MOISTURIZER! and it made it worse so I washed my face with soap and water. It better but still stung. I put a little more moisturizer than I usually would and I felt a little bit more relief.
I don't know if it was from this incident or what but the next morning, that small amount of acne went to my forehead and other cheek. My temples looked red and the acne there was coming through. My face still stung. How the flipping flip did my face still sting is beyond me! 99% of product is still left in the bottle and I have no idea what to do with it now. Although I genuinely dislike this product, I'm feel bad throwing it out since I know it does work with other peope.
Warning!! Do NOT use if you already have dry and or sensitive skin!
Story Time!
Warning!! Do NOT use if you already have dry and or sensitive skin!
5 days agoNashville, TN
This isn't my favorite Dickinson's Witch Hazel product. I prefer the pure Witch Hazel, which I feel like is much more gentle than this product. I also wasn't a fan of the smell of this compared to pure Witch Hazel, I feel like the alcohol odor just kind of slaps you. The alcohol also makes this more drying than pure witch hazel, so you definitely need to moisturize! Finally, this packaging is just awful. The packaging was already bulky, and then I learned it was leaky. I packed it in my gym bag to cleanse my face after a workout and it spilled everywhere! Not a fan. I'd personally stick to normal strength, pure witch hazel. Felt like it cleansed just as well, felt more refreshing, and a bottle really really faded my dark spots!! Special thanks to Influenster for allowing me to post my honest review!! I tried submitting reviews multiple times in CVS, and they eventually only posted my stars after I checked "yes I recommend this product" (though I don't), and they wouldn't even post my actual review.
4 days agoPico Rivera, CA
DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent uploaded by Jacqueline G.
From the moment I received this in my VoxBox I was hooked. What stood out to me the most was that it included Witch Hazel which is so good for the skin. I was on the hunt for a new toner that included it so this came at the best time since I use it in that way. I will say it has a strong smell so that might not work out for everyone but I love how it works on my skin leaving it very fresh and clean that I don’t mind the smell for a product that works well. I used a cleanser that can be a bit tightening on the skin but in a good way and then used this product right after and then began my makeup routine and this process helped my makeup go on so smoothly and borderline flawlessly than any other time I’ve applied my makeup. I would most definitely recommend this product and am so grateful for influenster I. to allow me to be part of this campaign and for including this wonderful #complimentary product in my #FreshForCampusVoxBox 💜 I will most definitely be purchasing this again once I am finished with my bottle and the price for it makes this product all that more amazing!
a month ago
DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent uploaded by Cris H.
This product @DickinsonWitchHazel Estringent and exfoliating pads is Fantastic. Not only is it great to add to your facial regimen. It also is amazing for any skin irritations like bug bites,diaper rashes,even for hemorrhoids. I started using this right when it was delivered in mail from @Influenster. Making sure @DickinsonWitchHazel was a good fit for me daily. I'm very satisfied with the results over time. These products were sent to me complimentary from @Influenster in exchange for my honest opinion. The fragrance wasn't overpowering to me,I love that refreshing feeling..I'm grateful beyond words for this opportunity. Will definitely recommend to others,as well I will continue to use. Price is very affordable and a variety of #DickinsonsWitchHazel is sold at a broad range of stores. DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent
7 hours agoPort St Lucie, FL
This is also a product I received in a Vox box and let me start by saying that I already use an astringent on a daily basis but this product has changed the game. The astringent I was using before I got Dickinson’s left me face feeling sticky as if it left a residue behind but Dickinson’s astringent left my face feeling fresh and clean, just out of the shower type of feeling. This product is not drying for those worried about sensitive skin. I would recommend this product for anyone even ones with sensitive skin like myself.
a month agoDecorah, IA
DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent uploaded by Monica B.
First impression: a less than pleasurable scent. I haven’t really used witch hazel in the past but I think that I can deem from its popularity that it shouldn’t smell all that bad. The menthol is strong in this product. It didn’t help that I put it on my nose. It smells more like mouthwash than anything else, but not the good kind. As for its effectiveness, I definitely feel less oil on my problem spots, but honestly I just can’t take the scent.
6 days agoPlainville, CT
This product is okay, it makes my skin very smooth, but I cannot use it too much consecutively otherwise my skin breaks out as it is very sensitive. The smell is very harsh yet tolerable. I would not go out of my way to buy it, but I will use it until it runs out. One of the times I used it, it did clear problem spots on my face. Overall, I think the product is good for what it is, but I would not typically pick witch hazel to put on my face.
10 hours agoSlatersville, RI
DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent uploaded by Hannah C.
Purchased at: Target
Just bought some witch hazel because of someone’s recommendation here on influenster I.! I got the cheaper one instead of Thayers because broke! This is a miracle! I suffered from acne all around my mouth area for the longest . I used this and immediately the day after my face cleared ! The only downside is it smells disgusting 🤢 clear skin is worth it though Dickinson's Witch Hazel Cleansing Astringent, 16 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
a month agoBrooklyn, NY
DICKINSON’S® Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent uploaded by Michelle H.
Product is amazing, I had first recorded a video but I say screenshots would do lol. It removed so much dirt off my face I was shook! It burns at first which I guess normal (tell me if I’m wrong) but my face is usually sensitive to face products whether it be masks, toners, face wash you name it. But this right here just worked wonders!
3 months agoAthens, GA
I am a big fan of witch hazel and I love the Dickinson's regular formula. Witch hazel soothes and calms while keeping oily skin at bay-- ALL ON ITS OWN. This astringent contains witch hazel as its primary ingredient BUT  has alcohol, menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus added to the mix. These latter additives are all known skin irritants. While added to the end of the list of ingredients (meaning small amounts) they aren't at all necessary to reap the benefits of witch hazel. They do create a cooling effect on the skin which feels immediately nice-- but with prolonged use can create a rash on some skins. I have a sensitivity to eucalyptus applied topically (gives me a fine rash) so I steered clear of this after testing it because I felt it becoming irritating. Bottom line: the regular witch hazel is better for your skin than this "deep clean" formula. Despite "feeling" like it's doing something because of all the additives, it's ultimately creating unnecessary irritation. Some will be more sensitive than others. It actually smells like mothballs (camphor is the main reason mothballs work!) so you've been warned! I received this package from Influenster as a part of a promotion and all my opinions are my own.
Received from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...