BY DIAMOND

Diamond Pet Foods Puppy - Chicken Diamond Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food provides the correct balance of fat, protein and other essential nutrients to ensure your puppy receives the proper nutrients to grow strong and healthy. This formula also meets the increased nutritional demands of pregnant or nursing adult dogs. Available in 20 lb. and 40 lb. bags. see more...

• Is this a very good puppy food ? I just got a German Shepherd pup...2 Answers
Steph M.
Manhattan, KS
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
When I first got my puppy, I started him out on this food and kept him on it for a little over three months. I purchased this food from Menards, but you can find it easily at any store like Orschelns. I paid about $20 for this size bag, and my dog really like the food. Although the reason I had to give it 4/5 is the same reason I took him off, and switched his food. The Diamond Puppy food has an oily feel to it, which was causing the pup to has soft stools.
Alyssa G.
Newport News, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I fed to my puppy after bringing him home from the shelter. My dog was very skinny at the time. We were hoping it would help him gain some weight. Unfortunately he didn't gain any because this food was too hard on his stomach. I don't recommend anyone buying this for a puppy with a sensitive Tummy. It was not good for my dog. He is a larger breed puppy just for your reference. Labradane!
DeAnna H.
Midland, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have been using this brand of food for so many years and will never switch from this brand! My dogs LOVE the taste of this food! I have tried Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild and Science Diet and several others and will never go back to those foods, they claim to be an all natural brands but my dogs dropped weight and their coats looked AWFUL on all of them and my dogs HATED the taste.. I have huskies and Diamond dog food is really gentle on their bellies and it honestly keeps their coats looking amazing and helps their shedding.. I also have a boxer that has trouble maintaining her weight, she does GREAT on this food! It gives my babies the right about of good calories and keeps them healthy. I don't feel like I'm feeding them fillers or junk just to keep their stomachs full like some other dog food brands offer. This food keeps them full until dinner time and they have tons of energy. Highly recommend Diamond!
lisa g.
Lincoln Park, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Just brought home this little guy. I purchased Diamond Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food 40lb at first mixed it with a little water. He eats it dry now and loves it. I hear many like this food for all the nutrients in it.
Lauren C.
Portageville, MO
I love love love this puppy food, very affordable and kinda reminds me of blue dog food besides the size and the way it looks. Highly recommend. Have 3 dogs who love it.
Ashley W.
My puppy can't get enough of this food! The price is affordable and the quality is fantastic. It went above and beyond my expectations! I would definitely recommend this brand to a friend. I won't switch to anything else!
Christina B.
Modesto, CA
When my dog was a puppy, this was the last food that I switched to after trying about 6 other different brands. She was HOOKED after the first try. I thought I was going to have to buy her a special bowl to slow down her eating because she simply LOVED the food. Her skin was dry and itchy and once we switched to Diamond puppy, that was never a problem again. She is now on the Diamond Naturals adult formula and I won't ever use anything else. She is strong, healthy, shiny, and beautiful!
Meagan D.
Flint, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I didn't even want to give purple diamond dog food one star but it makes you at least pick one but my rating for this would be a 0/5. My husband and I purchased this because the kennel we got our puppy from was feeding this to him already and we didn't want to change up his routine and his food to. However we noticed every single day all his stools were complete liquid and diahrea. He was also going number two about 6-10 times a day! We finally connected it to his dog food and if you read the reviews on google or any diamond website almost all of them are terrible!! We've also had three family members tell us it's the cheapest and worst thing we can give a dog. If you look at the ingrediants it's made up of mostly garbage and lacks protein and nutrients our puppy's need to grow healthy.
Nicole A.
Hope Mills, NC
Absolutely love this product!!! My vet recommended it for my chocolate lab. He said it will make her coat stay rich and is a good quality food. My 5 year old shepherd runs over to the puppy's bowl to eat it instead of his so I had to mix some into his food. She is now 7 months a s whopping 72lbs! We have been feeding her only this food since we got her at 8 weeks and swear by it. Wish I knew about it when I got my shepherd.
Cidnee T.
Sheridan, IN
We breed and raise English Mastiffs, and this is the only food we feed the pregnant females and pups! it is the absolute best food out of the ones we've tried. they gobble it up, have healthy stools, and gain a healthy amount of weight! 40# puppies at ten weeks old is awesome!
Daphne C.
Winchester, IN
Is this a very good puppy food ? I just got a German Shepherd puppy and the previous owner had him on this but it seems to be having ALOT of bowel movements...