Diamond Pet Foods Cat Supplies Taste Of The Wild Canyon River Feline

by Diamond Pet Foods

Taste of the Wild Feline Food Taste of the Wild Feline Food is enriched with easily digestible ingredients. It's a great formula supplemented with fruits and vegetables. The presence of natural antioxidants supports the immune system. Available in Canyon River and Rocky Mountain varieties

Who else sells this other than Pet Supplies Plus?
How does this compare to Purina naturals?
Would buying this food be better than feeding my cats a generic brand?
Start your review of Diamond Pet Foods Cat Supplies Taste Of The Wild Canyon River Feline!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“My cats go nuts for this.” in reviews
“My cat loves this.” in reviews
“This is the only canned cat food my cat will eat.” in reviews
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Horrible food and horrible company! My cats would throw up almost EVERYTIME they ate this food. I figured maybe they needed deformed or they ate something else bad. Their food would sit in the bowl untouched most of the time. Over the past year I experienced several health problems, but I never suspected it was this food. About a month ago I read a post about a local farm store accepting returns of this product because so many dogs and cats were getting ill after long term use. And yes some were even dying! It was reported that pet owners had thier cats tested and they saw high liver enzymes, large/damaged organs, and stomach bleeding. After reading this, I couldn't sleep and felt sick to my stomach that I was potentially killing my cats. I never suspected that a company could do this to my beloved pets and I was naive enough to continue to feed my cats this poison. The next day I purchased blue buffalo's indoor formula AND MY CATS RIPPED OPEN THE BAG BEFORE I COULD DISPOSE THE OLD FOOD. Now they are eating normally, no health issues and no throwing up. However, a stray that I was feeding this past year showed up on my doorstep and passed away today. His stomach was descended and looked like he had some internal bleeding. I had to bury a cat that I thought I was helping, but ended up killing him with this food. This makes me so sick. If you are reading this and have purchased this food or considered purchasing this food, please for the love of God do not feed your animals this. Do your research and look at what others are saying about this. The diamond company is full of crooks and haven't addressed this issue at all!
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Good cat food my cats have beautiful coats of hair when the just eat this alone. Has good nutritional value and the cats don't mind it. I hope they come out with more flavors for the kitties get bored of the same large bag fast. Use this if your cats have allergies or if you love your kitties and want them to be at their ultimate healthy state.
Terre Haute, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
We recently switched to this from another more expensive limited ingredient brand and price reduction is amazing. It's high protein, grain free and made with purified water. My Bengal loves it!
Holly, MI
My cat has this weird skin allergy and the doctors are not even sure what causes it but they know it’s in the food. But when she eats diamond brand cat food she doesn’t get any allergies so he stick to it.
Evanston, IL
The best dry kitty crunchies for the best kitty cruncher! I have 2 cats: one eats anything put in front of her and the other thinks he should get hand-crafted culinary masterpieces everyday. Since I can't provide what he wants, I give them both this. And they love it! As soon as they hear or see the bag they come running. I used to feed them blue buffalo, but he would get tired of it and stop eating. Doesn't happen with Taste of the Wild! If that isn't enough incentive to keep buying it.... The quality is great for being something that is mass produced and bagged for consumption. Their coats look shinier, are softer, the food is grain-free and since switching my kitties have more energy to play! (which makes cuddle time extra cuddly)
Brownsburg, IN
This is such a great quality cat food! I have been nervous about some cat foods, as they can actually case kidney failure! This one has lots of good stuff for them though. My cat wasn't sure about it at first just because we switched him from his old Purina cat food. It was like switching a child from Mcdonalds to good, home-cooked meals. However, now he loves it, and it is so much better for him. It's more expensive than a grocery store cat food, but it isn't as pricey as osme brands of cat food. I highly recommend it for your fur baby!
After learning that our higher end grocery store cat food was not actually so great, we were desperate to find a nice quality, healthy food for our cats. We were thrilled to find Taste of the Wild. Our cats absolutely love this food- they didn't balk at all when we switched from the food they had eaten all of their lives to this one! While it is pricier, the quality of the food enables you to feed your pets less. Even better, we've found that one of our cats is vomiting much less after switching to Taste of the Wild. And we feel as if we are caring for our pets much better when feeding them this food. Would definitely recommend it, as it is more affordable as far as high end pet foods go.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I went on vacation for a week and came home to a very sick cat. The vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, but decided to start giving her Taste of the Wild food to see if that did the trick. It definitely did! I still don't know why my cat got so sick while I was away, but she absolutely loves this food. She never used to lick her bowl clean, but she does now and will meow non stop until we give her more food.
Denver, CO
My Cats love this food, we like that is natural and has multiple real meat sources and fruits and veggies like raspberries And sweet potatoes. The only con I have is that a lot of the protein in this cat food seems to come form pea and potato proteins being the 5th and 6th ingredients. I would prefer to have a majority of the protein coming from more meat sources but I guess I'm a lot more picky than my cats!
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
One of my hands down favorite foods! Grain Free cat food, my cat is new to me but is 8 years old. After years of eating Friskies before coming to me I transitioned her to Taste of the Wild. It took about 3 days and no diarrhea. No grain means way easier to digest, poo is less stinky, and she loves it! She doesn't need to eat quite as much due to the higher protein and she is in the best shape of her life now. She is finally a healthy weight and her coat and teeth look excellent!