BY DIAMOND CRYSTAL

• How fast does this melt the ice?2 Answers
  • I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear ...7 Answers
Eryn P.
Belfast, ME
Living in Maine, using some type of ice melt is a necessity during Winter, unless you want to end up on your rear end trying to get in your car. I prefer Diamond Jiffy Melt because it is a 90/10 mix of salt and magnesium. It won't harm your animals if they walk on it, and it will not leach into the water system and cause environmental issues. We live next to a Nature Preserve and one of our larger local waterways runs through the preserve. (The Passagasawakeag River) Diamond Jiffy Melt has been approved for use by our local Cooperative Extension office to use on our driveway. This makes me feel better knowing that by using this I can feel secure stepping off of my porch knowing I'm not going to slide and fall, and knowing that I'm not going to harm my animals or the wild ones that are our neighbors.
Shelley G.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 2
If you are expecting snow or ice then this can be used on sidewalks or other walkways to melt the precipitation. It is best to put it down before snow and ice and to keep walkways cleared as much as possible. You need to be careful putting in wooden porches or decks because it can damage wood and/or wood finishes.
Katie B.
Jacksonville, NC
This is a great product to have and it does mill eyes however I have actually found other brands that work better than this this takes a little longer and usually when I'm heading up to work in the morning I really need eyes to read the milk and I don't have time to be waiting and so I don't recommend this
Susan G.
Wyoming, MI
I have balance issues so Ice is pretty scary to walk on for me. It's a huge fall risk. My husband uses this to get rid of the ice on our steps and driveway. It is well worth the money knowing I'm not going to take a fall.
Amanda V.
When you live in New York you have to be prepared for all kinds of weather. This stuff really works when it comes to melting ice and snow. I would highly recommend if you're in a place that may snow.
Dana S.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 4
This is great to have on hand in the winter especially where I live because we get a ton of snow. This helps to ensure that you will not get a large build up of ice and snow on pavement which is important so people do not fall and get hurt. This is an essential product to have for the winter and you can get it at a great price when it is that season.
Liz C.
Butte, MT
Great Outdoors Expert Level 3
Yes! This stuff works great. We have a bunch of outdoor stairs and walks which is a pain in winter. We live in Montana where it can easily be icy for 7 months of the year. This stuff is great, but the cost adds up through the winter.
Aimee S.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 5
I keep a bag of this in my trunk for the winter time in case I ever get stuck in the snow we're on the ice! It is very effective and it's pretty inexpensive and affordable. I would definitely recommend it because it works great!
Patti J.
Beulaville, NC
Being from the north, we always kept this on hand. Works great on steps and sidewalks, and driveways. We always kept some in the trunk of the car or back of the pickup, in case we, or someone else slid off the road due to ice. It really helped get us back on the road quicker, instead of just spinning our wheels
Keliesha J.
I keep this stuff around the house during the winter months while living in Connecticut. I would even put some in a bag to leave in my car just in case I got stuck. It's nice that you can buy in large quantities.
Jolene K.
Does this actually work fast??
Kelsey G.
Bedford, OH
I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear of wasting my money. But how well does it truly work? Does it work better on some surfaces rather than others?
Jennifer O.
Stamford, CT
Is this product safe for pets?
rachelle a.
How fast does this melt the ice?
Melisa R.
Greensboro, NC
What are these use for and are they helpful to use?