BY DIAMOND CRYSTAL

• How fast does this melt the ice?2 Answers
  • I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear ...7 Answers
Eryn P.
Belfast, ME
Living in Maine, using some type of ice melt is a necessity during Winter, unless you want to end up on your rear end trying to get in your car. I prefer Diamond Jiffy Melt because it is a 90/10 mix of salt and magnesium. It won't harm your animals if they walk on it, and it will not leach into the water system and cause environmental issues. We live next to a Nature Preserve and one of our larger local waterways runs through the preserve. (The Passagasawakeag River) Diamond Jiffy Melt has been approved for use by our local Cooperative Extension office to use on our driveway. This makes me feel better knowing that by using this I can feel secure stepping off of my porch knowing I'm not going to slide and fall, and knowing that I'm not going to harm my animals or the wild ones that are our neighbors.
Shelley G.
Great Outdoors Expert
If you are expecting snow or ice then this can be used on sidewalks or other walkways to melt the precipitation. It is best to put it down before snow and ice and to keep walkways cleared as much as possible. You need to be careful putting in wooden porches or decks because it can damage wood and/or wood finishes.
Katie B.
Jacksonville , NC
This is a great product to have and it does mill eyes however I have actually found other brands that work better than this this takes a little longer and usually when I'm heading up to work in the morning I really need eyes to read the milk and I don't have time to be waiting and so I don't recommend this
Susan G.
Wyoming, MI
I have balance issues so Ice is pretty scary to walk on for me. It's a huge fall risk. My husband uses this to get rid of the ice on our steps and driveway. It is well worth the money knowing I'm not going to take a fall.
Amanda V.
When you live in New York you have to be prepared for all kinds of weather. This stuff really works when it comes to melting ice and snow. I would highly recommend if you're in a place that may snow.
Alanna C.
Cashmere, WA
Living in the pacific Northwest its incredibly important to salt, or throw down icemelt before the snow actually falls. Will damage varnish, so be smart!
amanda f.
Great Outdoors Expert
Living in new England this is what we use every winter like out life depends on it. Melts ice and snow quickly so it keep our walk ways safe.
Taylor N.
Lutz, FL
I used this when my tires were stuck in the snow and it was compleyely iced over during storm jonas and it melted it right away. Godsend.
Krista B.
Clarence, PA
The absolute best ice melting product you can buy! Works in extreme cold and didn't harm my lawn in the spring!
Amy M.
Plainfield, CT
This has saved meny lives in my hours hold. We use it every year and it works great!!!!!
Jolene K.
Does this actually work fast??
Kelsey G.
Bedford, OH
I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear of wasting my money. But how well does it truly work? Does it work better on some surfaces rather than others?
Jennifer O.
Stamford, CT
Is this product safe for pets?
Melisa R.
Greensboro, NC
What are these use for and are they helpful to use?
rachelle a.
How fast does this melt the ice?