BY DIAMOND CRYSTAL

• I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear ...7 Answers
sasha d.
sasha d.
Whitehall, PA
Really works great for melting ice when the winter weather hits. You can find this item at most home and garden stores and is very inexpensive. You do not need to put a lot down for the ice to melt which makes the product really last. Usually 2 bags will get me through a tough winter!
Aimee S.
Aimee S.
Great Outdoors Expert
I keep a bag of this in my trunk for the winter time in case I ever get stuck in the snow we're on the ice! It is very effective and it's pretty inexpensive and affordable. I would definitely recommend it because it works great!
Keliesha J.
Keliesha J.
I keep this stuff around the house during the winter months while living in Connecticut. I would even put some in a bag to leave in my car just in case I got stuck. It's nice that you can buy in large quantities.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Great Outdoors Expert
A great product to keep around if you get snow often. We use under the cars, on steps, and the walk way. It helps decrease the danger of slipping and falling.
Autumn F.
Autumn F.
This ice melter works wonders for the winter when it gets cold and when ice starts from the snow or frozen rain. You can use it on concrete and driveways.
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Berlin, CT
Great product for those that are unfortunate enough to live in areas of crappy snowy winters works great on your walkways and driveways
Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.
Living in New England this stuff is a necessity. Quickly melts any ice on the ground so you don't slip and fall.
Eryn P.
Eryn P.
Belfast, ME
Living in Maine, using some type of ice melt is a necessity during Winter, unless you want to end up on your rear end trying to get in your car. I prefer Diamond Jiffy Melt because it is a 90/10 mix of salt and magnesium. It won't harm your animals if they walk on it, and it will not leach into the water system and cause environmental issues. We live next to a Nature Preserve and one of our larger local waterways runs through the preserve. (The Passagasawakeag River) Diamond Jiffy Melt has been approved for use by our local Cooperative Extension office to use on our driveway. This makes me feel better knowing that by using this I can feel secure stepping off of my porch knowing I'm not going to slide and fall, and knowing that I'm not going to harm my animals or the wild ones that are our neighbors.
Shelley G.
Shelley G.
Great Outdoors Expert
If you are expecting snow or ice then this can be used on sidewalks or other walkways to melt the precipitation. It is best to put it down before snow and ice and to keep walkways cleared as much as possible. You need to be careful putting in wooden porches or decks because it can damage wood and/or wood finishes.
Susan G.
Susan G.
Wyoming, MI
I have balance issues so Ice is pretty scary to walk on for me. It's a huge fall risk. My husband uses this to get rid of the ice on our steps and driveway. It is well worth the money knowing I'm not going to take a fall.
Jolene K.
Jolene K.
Does this actually work fast??
Kelsey G.
Kelsey G.
Bedford, OH
I've always been hesitant to purchase this type of item for fear of wasting my money. But how well does it truly work? Does it work better on some surfaces rather than others?
Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.
Stamford, CT
Is this product safe for pets?
Melisa R.
Melisa R.
Greensboro, NC
What are these use for and are they helpful to use?
rachelle a.
rachelle a.
How fast does this melt the ice?