BY DHC #3 in Facial Cleansers

The original Japanese 1-step oil cleanser melts away makeup and dissolves impurities, leaving your skin clean, soft and radiant.

Deep Cleansing Oil works on the scientific premise that “like attracts like.” Applied with dry hands on your dry face, this rich, naturally golden-hued olive oil cleanser binds with waterproof mascara, sunscreen, makeup and daily grime, rinsing off easily in warm water with zero residue.

Its botanical formulation features antioxidant-rich organic olive oil to soften and protect against free radical damage, and rosemary leaf oil to invigorate and refresh. Also works great as a brush cleaner.

Ideal for all skin types.

How To Use:

Dispense 2-3 pumps into dry hands, then massage onto dry face to dissolve makeup and other impurities. Rinse thoroughly.

olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil

• How well does this cleansing oil work? Does it leave your...7 Answers
  • Is this a good product yes or no1 Answers
  • Do you notice less breakouts after you started using this?2 Answers
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil®
  • "I received this in a subscription box and had never tried an oil cleanser before. It really does get your makeup off, including eye makeup, as it claims to do. It did not irritate my sensitive eyes, even though I used a lot of it in my eye area. And unlike a lot of oil-based eye makeup removers, this one is water soluble so it rinses off cleanly and doesn't leave a weird oil film on your skin." in 22 reviews
  • "I started using this about a week ago after hearing so much about it via YouTube." in 2 reviews
  • "It did make my skin feel very soft but I don't want to wash my face twice every time I wear makeup." in 1 review
  • "It is the best cleansing product I have ever used and I don't think I will ever switch!" in 1 review
Claire L.
Lafayette, LA
An excellent cleansing oil. I was first introduced to cleansing oil when my boss gave me the rest of her  TATCHA Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil . As much as I loved it, I was turned off by the price tag. I searched online for comparable products and found  DHC Deep Cleansing Oil® on amazon. For the price, it works extremely well. It is a bit heavier than the Tatcha and has more of an olive oil scent. Although it successfully removed my makeup, I felt the need to follow with a different cleanser in order for my skin to really feel clean after. Halfway through the bottle, I opted to take the plunge and purchase the Tatcha cleansing oil. The DHC cleansing oil is definitely a suitable alternative, but not as much of a pleasant sensory experience as some of the higher end cleansing oils.
Elena D.
United States
I found the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil® to be an amazing oil cleanser. It truly removes makeup from the skin and the delicate eye area. It is also very good for my sensitive skin.
I would recommend to wash the oil off and follow up with a gentle cleanser afterwards to remove any residue left over. Oil does stick around on the skin even after it is washed.
What I do is I use one pump of the oil and GENTLY rub it all over my face and sometimes my eye area. I generally use a separate makeup remover for my eyes, but, if you absolutely need to, you can use it to remove eye makeup. Waterproof mascara can be a little difficult to remove, BUT it can be done. You just need a little patience and gentle rubbing. One thing to consider when using this as eye makeup remover is the blurriness you may experience. Watch how much of the oil you put on your eye. It may cause irritation so just be careful.
The whole bottle lasted me about 6 months. Maybe even a little longer than that so the price is appropriate for me. Overall, I enjoy using this product!
Chloe D.
San Marcos, TX
Although the olive oil and tocopherol are ingredients listed as potential causal agents for acne, I’ve had no breakouts as a result of this product; however, I’m sure you’d get acne if you hadn’t properly removed this product from your face. On a lighter note, I L O V E this product in comparison to other makeup removers. The package recommends 2-3 pumps, but you only need 1 pump to thoroughly remove a full face of makeup. In addition, you don’t need to rub your skin 4927297 times to get tough products out. This removes literally everything from foundation to waterproof mascara. On top of everything, the rosemary oil makes this product smell amazingly aromatic.
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
I absolutely love the DHC Cleansing Oil! I was first able to try this amazing cleansing oil courtesy of one of my many beauty subscription boxes and I fell in love! I immediately bought the full size and have been using it since. Oil cleansing was something I was a bit skeptical with because I just assumed the oil would block my pores, but it didn't. This oil cleanser actually kept acne and blackheads at bay. Not only that, but this cleanser takes off ALL my makeup, sunblock and grim very quickly and easily, unlike many other cleansers. You don't need much either, just a dime sized amount is more then enough. I also love how gentle this cleanser is. It does not dry out or irritate my skin at all. Also, it washes off completely! There is no oily feeling when your done, just soft, smooth, clean skin! I highly recommend!
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
1,277 reviews
What it is: An olive oil–based facial cleanser that dissolves makeup thoroughly with zero residue. Its nutritive formula effortlessly breaks down stubborn, waterproof mascara and eyeliner and emulsifies into a cleansing milk when you rinse. Great for removing excess oil and sunscreen, it's a daily must-have even if you don't wear makeup. Your skin will feel soothed, refreshed, and balanced. One try is all you need to see why millions of women swear by it.

Skin types it's ideal for:

Normal
Combination
Key ingredients + benefits:

Olive oil: rich in antioxidants, it helps fight damage caused by free radicals without clogging pores.
Rosemary leaf oil: extracted from the leaves of the plant, it contains invigorating properties and imparts a refreshing fragrance.
Formulated without:

Added fragrance
Colorants
Parabens
Phthalates
Mineral oil
Kirsten C.
The BEST. I cannot live without this cleanser. It is gentle, yet can remove the most stubborn face makeup (ie. estee lauder double wear foundation or long-wearing matte lipsticks). It does not cause breakouts and I always feel clean, balanced and refreshed after rinsing. My skin is left cleansed without being tight and stripped. I love this product!

Note: This is not meant for stubborn eye makeup. It can remove eyeshadow but not very heavy duty waterproof mascara. Use a real eye makeup remover instead like the  Neutrogena® Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover  always remove eye makeup first then use the  DHC Deep Cleansing Oil® after.
Samy C.
I used to use it years ago when I was young. I thought I liked it, so I decided to buy another bottle which was a mistake! I hated it so much and it still sits there accumulating dusk. it not only take off my makeup too gently that I have to repeat cleaning couple times, it also makes my eyes so blurry when I try to wash it off with water! I have combination skin, it makes me break out too.
Esther R.
Oak Park, MI
This oil cleanser is really good for first cleanse. It removes almost all spf, makeup, and eye makeup with any irritation. I love that it comes in a pump and the price is decent for the size. It has an olive oil scent but it is not strong. It is nourishing and hydrating without leaving my skin feeling greasy. However, I recommend going in with a second cleanse that is not oil based to remove any residue.
Bali M.
Asheville
This has seriously changed my skincare routine. My skin has never felt cleaner, but it isn’t stripped at all and feels super moisturized which is nice because I use AHAs and they tend to dry you out. This oil is super easy to rinse off other than using regular household oil. I got it off amazon and the price was great since a little bit goes a long way. I definitely recommend this.
Maria P.
Just your everyday basic cleansing oil. I don't have anything bad to say about it since it's effective and doesn't sting my eye area at all. Rinses away clean too.

But I wouldn't repurchase it because it's a bit too basic for me. I like things that smell nice. Olive oil is GREAT for food...cooking...but slathering it on my face makes me feel like a salad, not like I'm relaxing at a day spa.

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend it. If you want a simple, no frills, basic cleansing oil, give it a try. But it just doesn't make me excited to use and when I go in the bathroom to finally have some me-time, I want to be excited about what I'm using. and this doesn't do that for me. Still 4 stars though cause it is still effective.
Laurie B.
How well does this cleansing oil work? Does it leave your face feeling oily?
Crystal W.
Does this remove makeup and clean simultaneously or would I need to use a 2nd time as a cleanse after the first round of removing makeup?
ali w.
Has anyone tried their bright eye?? did u like it? does it work?
Kaitlyn C.
San Francisco, CA
Do you notice less breakouts after you started using this?
Luci O.
São Paulo -sp
Where can I find it to buy in Japan?? Does it sell in drugstores or department stores?

Amazon