BY DEXTER #28 in TV

Dexter
  • "It's not really gory at all (there are a few gross parts ... he's a serial killer, after all) and it really makes you wonder if there are people out there like Dexter." in 83 reviews
  • "I started watching this series and wasnt that into it at first, however i sat back down and really got into it Dexter was brilliant sad to see it come to an end, it really could have kept going" in 42 reviews
  • "I would have given this show an A, but due to the ending I would have to give it a C. If you have yet to watch it, I would say to stop either the season before the last or halfway through the last season." in 39 reviews
  • "I love the story line and I love how they focus on something big every season and how Dexter solves that problem at the end of the season." in 27 reviews
  • "Again this was one of them shows i started and only watching for maybe 10 minutes and wanted to stop watching because nothing hooked me at this point , thanks god i kept watching because this is one of myy all time favorite shows that I'm currently trying to own the collection of seasons." in 24 reviews
Amanda W.
I really really love this show. I feel like I enjoyed it a lot more because I am really into the forensic science aspect of it but honestly I think the entire series is just to interesting. It is cool to see how different minds think and how certain situations can change your life. This show is definitely not for everyone, there is a lot of blood involved, but if you are looking for some blood and crime this show is for you!
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I would have given Dexter 5 stars if the very last episode didn't end the way it did. It is such a brilliantly written series that follows the life of Dexter, a serial killer who only hunts down other killers, and his life with his family members and his journey to finding love. I just love how dark yet lovable this series is. However, that last episode just killed me. I hated it SO much. I really wish they ended the story differently, but it was definitely an impactful moment at least. I also feel like this is one of those series that could have continued for another season without it becoming overly boring. There was still more to be pulled apart with Dexter's character, IMO, and I wish there was a spin off or something to really better understand his complex character.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The show was absolutely amazing and I could not stop watching it. Every season had such a great story and though Dexter is a serial killer, you learn to absolutely love him. The show has a lot of drama, mystery, suspense, and a lot of humor. The storylines can be twisted and keep you on the edge of your seat with every episode. I would highly recommend the show
tiffany c.
Humble, TX
This is about a serial killer who works for miami PD as a blood splatter analyst. He follows a "code" where he only murders other serial killers.
The show is very dramatic.
I like how they truly portray Dexter especially in the beginning as  a true psychopath. By this I mean that he is truly portrayed as a man who has no feelings and does not always understand others feelings. He just does things to fit in so he wont be suspicious.

This show was gripping and you will never know what happens next which is my favorite type of show.
Nicole C.
El Dorado, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Dexter will always be one of my all time favorite shows. Of course the law enforcement side of me loves it, due to this is what the show is about. Dexter starts out slow, but it gets better. This is the type of show that keeps you guessing, and not want to turn the tv off. Dexter has a reasoning behind what he does. My fiance and I both loved this show.
Makenzie F.
Francesville, IN
Dexter is such a good show I can't tell you how happy I am that I started watching it something bug happens every episode! And it keeps getting better I didn't like it at first but after 3-4 episodes I fell IN LOVE with this show. It's mystery and its serial killers and it's just amazing show!!
Marissa B.
Waleska, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Loved this show, but hated how they ended it. I keep wishing they would pick up where they left off and tie up some of the loose ends. It's bloody, but not terribly gory. If your into crime shows it offers all the cool forensic stuff, but it's also really funny and dramatic.
Crystal F.
This show is a really really great show. I haven't seen all the seasons yet we'll at least the last one but I can say I still love this show. Dexter is a really great guy. I have that they don't make anymore of these show. I do wish they would bring it back.
Megan C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I give this show a 4star rating because I'm petty and I hated that they let Rita die. It was an amazing twist to the show, I'll give it that but It was so sad, after she died it just fell apart. I also give it 4 because the ending made me angry I honestly feel like there should've been another season or that Dexter died. I know that sounds bad but I just didn't like how he gave up poor little Henry.
Belle B.
Matheny , WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I miss this show so much! I wish it would have never went off air! The last season sucked and should have been better but every other season was killer! Pun intended lol. It’s a must watch for sure! Give it a try!
Tiffany P.
North Bend, OR
Who is your least favorite character on the show?
Gabbie F.
Norristown, PA
Did anyone hate the last season like I did? That ending ugh
Angel E.
Lowndes, MO
What Season was your favorite? And why?
Dana W.
Somerville, MA
I've never watched Dexter before, but I've heard amazing things. Is it worth it?
Jennifer M.
What do you think of his relationship with Hannah? Is it good for him? Or just causes too many complications because of Deb?