BY DEXTER #29 in TV

• Who watched this show, is it any good?3 Answers
  • Did anyone hate the last season like I did? That ending ugh22 Answers
  • I've never watched Dexter before, but I've heard amazing things. ...16 Answers
Dexter
  • "It's not really gory at all (there are a few gross parts ... he's a serial killer, after all) and it really makes you wonder if there are people out there like Dexter." in 83 reviews
  • "I started watching this series and wasnt that into it at first, however i sat back down and really got into it Dexter was brilliant sad to see it come to an end, it really could have kept going" in 42 reviews
  • "I would have given this show an A, but due to the ending I would have to give it a C. If you have yet to watch it, I would say to stop either the season before the last or halfway through the last season." in 39 reviews
  • "I love the story line and I love how they focus on something big every season and how Dexter solves that problem at the end of the season." in 27 reviews
  • "Again this was one of them shows i started and only watching for maybe 10 minutes and wanted to stop watching because nothing hooked me at this point , thanks god i kept watching because this is one of myy all time favorite shows that I'm currently trying to own the collection of seasons." in 24 reviews
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I would have given Dexter 5 stars if the very last episode didn't end the way it did. It is such a brilliantly written series that follows the life of Dexter, a serial killer who only hunts down other killers, and his life with his family members and his journey to finding love. I just love how dark yet lovable this series is. However, that last episode just killed me. I hated it SO much. I really wish they ended the story differently, but it was definitely an impactful moment at least. I also feel like this is one of those series that could have continued for another season without it becoming overly boring. There was still more to be pulled apart with Dexter's character, IMO, and I wish there was a spin off or something to really better understand his complex character.
Makenzie F.
Francesville, IN
Dexter is such a good show I can't tell you how happy I am that I started watching it something bug happens every episode! And it keeps getting better I didn't like it at first but after 3-4 episodes I fell IN LOVE with this show. It's mystery and its serial killers and it's just amazing show!!
Megan C.
Pop Culture Expert
I give this show a 4star rating because I'm petty and I hated that they let Rita die. It was an amazing twist to the show, I'll give it that but It was so sad, after she died it just fell apart. I also give it 4 because the ending made me angry I honestly feel like there should've been another season or that Dexter died. I know that sounds bad but I just didn't like how he gave up poor little Henry.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
Pop Culture Expert
Oh wow, if you like dark drama and comedy, this is the show for you. This is a show where the serial killer...is the protagonist? Crazy, I know, but he only kills bad people!  So that makes him a good serial killer? You'll fall in love with Dexter, and the crazy antics he has to keep miami safe from murderers like himself. You'll be on the very edge of your seat until the last episode of the series. Definitely binge worthy!
Amanda H.
Meadville
I like shows like this, but Dexter seems super weird to me. I can't get pass that. They way he talks and narrates is definitely creepy. I don't care for the story plots,  they could have made things more interesting instead of solving each case every episode. It would be better if there were more twists to the stories.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Pop Culture Expert
This show is great. Dexter is a complex character who morally kills terrible people. I loved every single episode up until the INCREDIBLY UNSATISFYING ENDING!!! Literally any other ending would have made it better but it was SO stupid I am still angry!
Jessica G.
Dexter is one of the best tv shows ever created. The story line is great and there are surprises at every turn. My husband and I are currently rewatching all of the seasons and there is so much I missed the first go round.
Blair S.
Camby, IN
I absolutely love this show. Wish it was still going on, top 5 shows ever for sure. Cast are amazing and most series get worse each season but not for this show.
Shannon w.
Salina, KS
Dexter is a great show. I just finished watching the series with my husband (he had already watched it once and insisted it was one of the greatest shows of all time.) I really enjoyed it, some of the episodes gave me serious anxiety thinking "okay, how the hell is he not gonna get caught." I think I agree with a lot of people in saying the ending is... well not exactly how I would have written it (hence the only 4 stars, if there was a 4.6 stars option I'd be right about there), but it's still a show well worth watching.
McKenna P.
Licking, MO
Pop Culture Expert
This show was wild to say the least. I'm not super happy about the ending, or it ending it all for that matter, but that doesn't subtract from the sheer brilliance that was the rest of the show. Dexter is a blood spatter expert who is a serial killer on the side. But who does he kill? Why no other than other criminals: rapists and serial killers and the like. And his sister? She's a police officer. This is a wild ride from start to finish and it's honestly one of the most creative tv shows I've ever seen.
Tiffany P.
North Bend, OR
Who is your least favorite character on the show?
Gabbie F.
Norristown, PA
Did anyone hate the last season like I did? That ending ugh
Angel E.
Lowndes, MO
What Season was your favorite? And why?
Dana W.
Somerville, MA
I've never watched Dexter before, but I've heard amazing things. Is it worth it?
Jennifer M.
What do you think of his relationship with Hannah? Is it good for him? Or just causes too many complications because of Deb?