BY DEVELOPLUS

Developlus Hair Color Prep Kit - Developlus Color Prep, a new breakthrough formula. Over time, after several applications, your hair can become over saturated with dye, making it very dull and off-tone. Applying a new color, over your old color, will not give you the results you want.Color Prep is formulated to remove color build-up safely and gently from your hair before you re-color. Safe to use before every color application. It shrinks the dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash then away, in just 20 minutes, without damage.After Color Prep, your are now ready to re-color. Apply you usual hair color or switch to another shade, this product makes it easy to achieve truer color results! - Developlus Hair Color Prep Kit

• How long does the color last? 2 Answers
  • I have very long hair. Should I purchase two of these kits to hav...1 Answers
Buy on Walgreens
Susan B.
Huber Heights, OH
I am reviewing Color Prep by Color Oops that looks just like this box. I wanted to color my hair this time around with a lighter color meant for light-to-medium blonde hair, but I have been using a light reddish brown (L'Oreal & Schwarzkopf) to do a root application every 6-8 weeks for about a year now. I give this a 4-star rating because of the mess and smell. I didn't realize the tip of the application doesn't snap off; I thought it already had a hole at the top. Well, I shook it, heard a pop, and the contents burst a bit -- not much, mind you. I tried to snap off the top plastic piece and it wouldn't budge, so I had to stop and get scissors and then clean up the mess and hope I got it all because it's clear gel. The smell is awful, like sulfur, but overall it worked very well to release the darker color. I left it on for about 25 minutes and rinsed, shampooed 2 times -- hated the stinky smell -- and rinsed again a total of 13 minutes. My hair felt oddly stiff and dry, so I conditioned for 5 minutes. Good as new. It took my hair color back to probably a year ago when I used Feria Deep Copper only lighter than that, and this is despite the fact there's no ammonia or bleach in this product. I have greys, so they were white or blonde. I was too tired though to continue and color the same night with Schwarzkopf light copper color, so no makeup in that photo. I was ready for bed since I started the process late. I've added a before and two after photos to show you the results. My suggestions to improve the product: make a snap-off tab on the applicator tip, just like boxed colors have. And also the cap should have a proper closure, either a way to tie it or make it like a economy-style, hotel shower cap. I forgot my clip and managed to put a knot at the end.
Tasha F.
One thing if for sure, Color Prep WORKS, but not as the box intends.

I stripped 4 YEARS worth of box dye out of my hair in just 45 minutes. However that is no where near my natural hair color, which is okay because I'm wanting to do pink or silver.

Not only that but bottle number 1 smells amazing, like a lemon bubble gum... Until you mix it with bottle 2...then it just kinda smells like an egg took a huge crap on a lemon. Please keep your bathroom well ventilated for your safety.
Jessica R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
This works well to prep your hair for vivid color! It's easy to use and has everything you need all you have to do is add color after. This was the first kit I used as a teen and it helped me get the bright blue hair I wanted.
Jasmine H.
This is very strong I think, it dried out my hair a lot when I left it on for the allowed time. But it works well, it's priced nicely. If you have medium to long hair you'll need more than one box definitely, especially if your hair is thick. It does what it's suppose to for a box
Vinnie E.
I just used this and i have also ised color oops. Color prep is sooooo much better. It doesnt smell as bad as color oops and and it took the color out better. I had a dark purple red. And my hair is currently golden blonde. I am very amazed and happy. Please purchase.
Kerrie P.
Fresno, CA
To save money I've started to do my hair at home. These products make it easy. As long as you follow the directions you should have no problems, but also don't expect crazy dramatic results either. Some things are worth paying a professional, but this works!
Samantha B.
Lucasville, OH
No matter how crazy you plan to intensify your color, this is the way to go first. This prep kit insures that you get the most out of any style your aiming for. Never have to be scared that might get the color you were hopeing for for!
Stephanie B.
Pasadena, TX
Not the best... I was very disappointed with it. I had to dye my hair 3x each time with 2 kits for it to grab the color correctly how i wanted it to. Then it washed out in about 3 wks.. So not worth the money
Angel N.
Kings Mtn, NC
I liked using this hair color remover better than any other! It actually took up the black in my hair and made it a shade of brown! I will recommend this to anyone and I will be using this in the future!
Elizabeth b.
owensboro, KY
This absolutely works took every bit of my hair color.out with out damaging and I was so afraid of loosing my hair but I had to get 2 boxes because my hair was so long
Nicole D.
Doha
How long does the color last?
Barb M.
Williamstown, VT
I have very long hair. Should I purchase two of these kits to have enough to lighten all of my hair?