BY DEVACURL

Is it for me?

If you want a non-drying gel that'll give your curls lasting hold and defined, frizz-free texture, your search is over!

What does it do?

This strong-hold styler surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with wheat and soy proteins, locks in moisture, amps up shine and helps your curls go the distance.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion.

Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off!

Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get soft, crunch-free curls.

Alyssa H.
I really wanted to give this product 3.5 stars but seeing all the great reviews I rounded up to four instead of down to 3. I am also assuming my 3.5 could be my error and maybe I need to play with the product more.

I scooped up this product excited to see a line specifically for curls (us curly girls need help with our chaos!) I used up almost the whole bottle and would have rated it a 2 at that point. I mean, it’s fine- but not revolutionary like the other posts were claiming. Frustrated, i put the bottle back in the back of the cabinet for several months and forgot about it.

Recently, I have been obsessed with makeup videos and a few hair ones pop up after. I watched a stylist actually show how to use the product very differently than my method. So I recently have been playing with it again.
Tip: her recommendation is to apply generously with soaking wet hair, towel dry with microfiber and air dry. After dry scrunch again to loosen curls.

Okay, so the photo attached is using her method. Again, it’s okay...

What I liked: it does help define my curls and my curls are soft.

What I don’t like: (just like with every other product I use) the curlier undersection is pretty and the top - straighter and less defined. It is a more natural curl, but because my hair is longer there is not much volume to the curls. The scrunching after didn’t entirely break the cast. I tried to pick them- (that normally gives pretty volume) but it just straightened those curls.

So, I’m going to play more— i think there is definite potential for this product and almost certain that the problem is with ME.
Brooke A.
Evansville, IN
Let me start out by describing my natural hair for you: its super thick, about 3 inchs past my shoulders, super frizzy, and has a few blonde highlights otherwise its totally natural. My scalp is very sensitive and gets oily easily due to hormones. So naturally i look for products that will help my natural curls stay curly without the frizz and that wont irritate my scalp or make my hair look heavy or oily. AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD I FOUND DEVA CURL! I absolutely love deva curl products, not only because they make my curls look absolutely beautiful but they smell great and dont contain a bunch of harsh chemicals. This defining gel is perfect for styling my hair on an everyday basis. Its does leave a nasty residue in my scalp and it doesnt make my hair crunchy. On top of all the wonderful things ive said, you can order this on amazon for prime and on ulta! Its reasonably priced at i believe 11-13$ for 12 fl oz. I will always be a fan of the DevaCurl products
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
I prefer a curl defining cream but as far as hair gel for curly hair this truly is the absolute best you can get! Its amazing! Sometimes it does dry down to a hard cast but a deva stylist told me it was supposed to and that it was a protective cast and you are supposed to scrunch your hair once its dry to break the cast and you are then left with super soft defined curls! I mix it with hot water and make it into a spray gel and use it on 2nd day hair and amazing.
Z'Ariyah H.
Huntsville
I love gummies and cookies and cell phones, candy AND cakes and crackers and pops ,teas and lip gloss and all types of clothes and sunglassses  and last but not least nail polish and smartwatches and tablets and easy bake ovens mcdonalds maker and cameras and ring lights. and i would love the chance to try these for a youtube video challenge real vs fake gummy challenge i love to make challenge videos. I also love skin care.And personal care and hair care.
Cassidy J.
Millbury, MA
I tried this product new this year for my hair cause I have very tight curly hair and most products I choose with my hair very greasy in this product didn’t do that it did take a while to dry but I let my hair air dry so that’s normal for me it made my curls very coyly and shiny but not in the wetlook which I like and the product smells pretty good and a little goes a very long way for my hair which is very surprising for me
Haley N.
The best gel hands down. I was nervous to pay so much money for a product, but when you find something that works you pay whatever you have to. This product has changed my hair! It never makes my hair crunchy. It creates perfectly defined curls that are frizz free! When you have curly hair there is so much trial and error with hair care products. I'm thrilled to find something that never lets me down!
Gina V.
Terre Haute, IN
My Holy Grail of hair products! This little gem is the secret ingredient for insanely beautiful curls, with no frizz! You apply it while hair is wet, scrunch it in upside down, and let it air dry completely. It will fee crunchy, but don't touch it until it's dry. Then, you scrunch it out upside down. When you come back up, you have gorgeous, bouncy curls with volume, softness, and shine!
Greih W.
Jacksonville, FL
I cannot tell you how much I love this gel! It gives my curls a great hold and isn’t super sticky. It keeps moisturizing, and I love how there are no “baddies” in it. It is a bit expensive, but if you shop sales or holiday bundles, etc. you can sometimes get it together with other products. My favorite way to use this is by applying it after the super cream and water. The super cream defines my curls and this holds them in place. The picture attached is of me using SM CH Curl Smoothie, DC Supercreal, SM CH Curl Soufflé, DC Ultra Defining Gel (this product), and SM CH Frizz Free Volumizing Foam.
Kise B.
Beaverton
I love this gel! I feel like it really gives me a good hold and definition for my 2b/c hair. I apply when my hair is soaking wet right after the shower and then plop for about 10 minutes. The results are great. I feel like it gives me a good cast that last around 3 days.
Johnay C.
Bronx, NY
LOVE ANYTHING DEVACURL TBH!!! Purchased this gel apart of their memorial day special .. it has a great hold! this is the second gel I believe in their collection that is maximum hold! and it doesn’t lie! glides in easily, smells good and also keeps my curls in shape and bouncy!!! I love it!
katie a.
Odenton, MD
Anyone ever use DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel ? What are your thoughts?
Raigan  D.
Does this really work? Does it leave a scrunch up look?
Selina R.
Fresno, CA
I have been looking for a hair product that doesn't weigh down my curls or make them feel crunchy. Does this product feel sticky and does it have any moisturizing properties?
Kia D.
dayton
is devacurl as good as people say it is? especially for curly haired WoC?
Shayla L.
Victoria , WY
I have curly hair that tends to get quite frizzy throughout the day and have been looking for a product that will keep the frizz at bay and bring my natural curls out more. I am wondering if people recommend this and also what kind of smell it has, as i find some smell a lot like chemicals which i do not enjoy.