BY DEVACURL #10 in Hair Mousse

Is it for me?

If you want a non-drying gel that'll give your curls lasting hold and defined, frizz-free texture, your search is over!

What does it do?

This strong-hold styler surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with wheat and soy proteins, locks in moisture, amps up shine and helps your curls go the distance.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion.

Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off!

Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get soft, crunch-free curls.

• Anyone ever use DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel, Strong Hold No-Crun...5 Answers
  • Is this product good for type 3b curls? I'm looking for something...1 Answers
  • Def need to try this? Does it work on thick frizzy hair?2 Answers
Alyssa H.
I really wanted to give this product 3.5 stars but seeing all the great reviews I rounded up to four instead of down to 3. I am also assuming my 3.5 could be my error and maybe I need to play with the product more.

I scooped up this product excited to see a line specifically for curls (us curly girls need help with our chaos!) I used up almost the whole bottle and would have rated it a 2 at that point. I mean, it’s fine- but not revolutionary like the other posts were claiming. Frustrated, i put the bottle back in the back of the cabinet for several months and forgot about it.

Recently, I have been obsessed with makeup videos and a few hair ones pop up after. I watched a stylist actually show how to use the product very differently than my method. So I recently have been playing with it again.
Tip: her recommendation is to apply generously with soaking wet hair, towel dry with microfiber and air dry. After dry scrunch again to loosen curls.

Okay, so the photo attached is using her method. Again, it’s okay...

What I liked: it does help define my curls and my curls are soft.

What I don’t like: (just like with every other product I use) the curlier undersection is pretty and the top - straighter and less defined. It is a more natural curl, but because my hair is longer there is not much volume to the curls. The scrunching after didn’t entirely break the cast. I tried to pick them- (that normally gives pretty volume) but it just straightened those curls.

So, I’m going to play more— i think there is definite potential for this product and almost certain that the problem is with ME.
Brooke A.
Evansville, IN
Let me start out by describing my natural hair for you: its super thick, about 3 inchs past my shoulders, super frizzy, and has a few blonde highlights otherwise its totally natural. My scalp is very sensitive and gets oily easily due to hormones. So naturally i look for products that will help my natural curls stay curly without the frizz and that wont irritate my scalp or make my hair look heavy or oily. AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD I FOUND DEVA CURL! I absolutely love deva curl products, not only because they make my curls look absolutely beautiful but they smell great and dont contain a bunch of harsh chemicals. This defining gel is perfect for styling my hair on an everyday basis. Its does leave a nasty residue in my scalp and it doesnt make my hair crunchy. On top of all the wonderful things ive said, you can order this on amazon for prime and on ulta! Its reasonably priced at i believe 11-13$ for 12 fl oz. I will always be a fan of the DevaCurl products
Naidelyn V.
This is in my top fav natural gels !!! This gel feels great, once applied to the hands it slides more like a watery texture . I use it every-time i wash my hair right after i plop ny hair i apply a light more of this gel to give me a defined look . Deff recommend yall try this gel out . Deva curl has truly changed my life, my hair was SO heat damaged it was sad . Using deva curl with time has defined my curls and made them so much better ! I receive compliments all the time now .
Tamara G.
Brunswick, GA
I'm obsessed with my Devacurl prosucts. There is a method to the madness though. I had my hair cut at the Devachan salon in NYC and they taught me how to use the product correctly. I use the gel as my last step to light hold. I have the light & ultra defining gel. I use both. I use the light first and then my very last step I add a small amount of the Ultra defining gel.
Z'Ariyah H.
Huntsville
I love gummies and cookies and cell phones, candy AND cakes and crackers and pops ,teas and lip gloss and all types of clothes and sunglassses  and last but not least nail polish and smartwatches and tablets and easy bake ovens mcdonalds maker and cameras and ring lights. and i would love the chance to try these for a youtube video challenge real vs fake gummy challenge i love to make challenge videos. I also love skin care.And personal care and hair care.
Haley N.
The best gel hands down. I was nervous to pay so much money for a product, but when you find something that works you pay whatever you have to. This product has changed my hair! It never makes my hair crunchy. It creates perfectly defined curls that are frizz free! When you have curly hair there is so much trial and error with hair care products. I'm thrilled to find something that never lets me down!
Delaney S.
This is one of the best gels I have ever used, if not the best. After getting a devacut a few months back my curls have looked amazing. My hair isn't weighed down by the gel but also last multiple days and are still soft to the touch. Definitely recommend to all other curly girls out there! It is a bit pricey of a line but definitely worth it!
Abbey C.
Rush City
This product has helped my curls come out tremendously! It's a pricier product, but it's worth every penny, as it makes your hair look amazing and it lasts for a while. You can get it at any Sephora or Ulta, which is great. It smells great too, and it doesn't keep your hair looking crunchy at all!
erika c.
Brooklyn, NY
I love using this gel on my hair, but this winter I had to stop using it because my hair just kept getting frizzy. Besides that I love using this product during the warmer months. This product does wonder for my curls but I won’t recommend using alone and use a lot of water to keep it moisturized.
Natibel M.
In love!!! Best gel for defining your curls without the crunchiness. It haves me like 3 good days and that pass my expectations. I have 3c 4a hair and it works wonders. This bottle it’s almost empty and yes I’ll be buying it again.
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Anyone ever use DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel, Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler ? What are your thoughts?
Raigan  D.
Does this really work? Does it leave a scrunch up look?
Karina V.
STOCKTON, CA
How does this compare to the coconut creme styler?? which one is better?
JAS T.
Mount Juliet, TN
Will this help with frizz?
Leah T.
Gainesville , FL
Has anyone used both this product and the LA looks sport gel? If so, which did you like better? I like the LA looks gel but it made my hair very crunchy, even when I tried to scrunch the crunch out. I just ordered this product to try instead and I'm hoping it won't make my hair as crunchy.