BY DEVACURL #20 in Curl Enhancing

Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler

Is it for me?

If you want a non-drying gel that'll give your curls lasting hold and defined, frizz-free texture, your search is over!

What does it do?

This strong-hold styler surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with wheat and soy proteins, locks in moisture, amps up shine and helps your curls go the distance.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion.

Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off!

Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get soft, crunch-free curls.

Sophie P.
Los Angeles, CA
This left my 3b/3c curls defined but crunchy and shiny. My 2nd day curls were still defined but my hair felt so tacky and gross. And the actual product didn’t have much of a pleasant smell, I would recommend to add a small amount just to hold the curl.
Gina C.
East hanover, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I think I found my holy grail in the product!  Ive tried many different products, including Deva Curl's Light Defining Gel, and so far this one is my favorite!  It gives more hold than the light defining gel, and it doesn't leave my hair sticky like other gel's can.  I dont get as much frizz with this product and my curls look soft, even days after I wash and style.  I def recommend for girls who have curly type 3 curls!  For reference I have 3A/3B curls.
Ashlee A.
Phoenix
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of the best gels I have tried so far, and definitely my favorite of all the DevaCurl gels. I love that it is more of a harder-holding gel and contains lots of protein and no silicones. If you get any hardness from the gel-cast, it will easily scrunch out when dry. Provides me with curls that last multiple days. Doesn't dry out my hair, although it is not the most moisturizing gel I have tried.  Always provides me with soft, pretty curls.
Gabriela A.
Austin , TX
I love my DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
Because it gives me that definition in my curls like no other product dose, it helps my curls stay in control, It doesn't weight down my hair at all , the smell it's amazing & I love the way it goes with my hair. 💁

The @Devacurl ultra defining gel has help me through out my healthy hair journey so much & it was actually one of the first Produtcs I ever tired from the devacurl brand , it has always been & still is in my go to Styling products along with the @Devacurl coconut styling cream .

When I was little my hair would be so curly that I didn't know what to do with it so I would just straight it, as I got older I notice how bad I was damaging my hair and what I was really doing to it, to my luck, it was to late when I notice my hair was already burn super straight and ruin . That's when I stared searching and learning more about my hair and what I could I do to it to help it .
So that's when @Devacurl came in the picture, With all this amazing & lovely products . 😍

After 2 month of using their products I decided to go get my first
@Devacut 💇🏽 I want it to record it and post it on YouTube because my hair had already change so much that I couldn't believe it , and I want it to let other people know that if I can do it they can do it too

| YouTube Name: Queen G's Life |
| Video name: Getting My Devacut |

Just because I know how hard is to start a hair journey , to let go of the heat to let go of the strainer of all the hair coloring and I dont know probably someone could get inspire and would love to go they're lovely nature them, As they see my progress and accomplishments and maybe they are able to believe in them self and see they can do it too But, not just because I know where this product has taken me but because, I know how my hair use to look & I know this product can help me get back all my bouncy, shiny, define, curls that I use to had and didn't know I could love 😬 ❤️
#influensterawards #contest @Influenster
Love
Paige W.
Eau Claire
This is an excellent product. I have tried so many things on the market for my thick and wavy/curly hair. So many other products make it heavy, crunchy, or don't hold the curl and turn into frizz as the day goes on. This is a great product that gives my hair wonderful natural curls and makes ny hair feel great again.
Kirstin F.
Muskegon
Beauty Junkie Expert
Devacurl ultra defining gel is amazing! Extremely effective, and the only (I have yet to try their other products) product I have come across the brings my natural curls back out. A little pricey, but SO worth it. A little goes a long way, and I will definitely buy again.
Britt M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I applied this product exactly the way it said to on the bottle, I scrunched into soaking wet hair and I found it didn't do much at all for my lighter 2B waves. I think this is better suited for 3A and above curlies. I'll stick with the SuperCream
Frankie G.
This is a really great product for curly hair. The gel formula doesn't make your hair crunchy at all. However I have thicker and long curly hair and I prefer the light defining gel because it gives me softer curls. I find that more people with shorter or thinner hair prefer this product.
Rania T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this product. It’s the only thing I use over and over. Defines my curls and makes them feel very soft. It’s a little pricey but well worth it. I do enjoy the scent it’s very subtle fresh and clean. Love it
Sybil W.
La Place, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best gel that I have tried from DevaCurl thus far. It has a more pleasant scent than their light defining gel, it provides my curls with definition, shine, and long lasting hold. The hold that it provides us strong, however, the gel cast in it is easy to break, so your curls will be soft and flowing with this gel, not sticky or hard at all. I don't use a whole lot of it, when I apoly it to my hair, because what I have learned with DevaCurl stylers is that a little. It truly gives a long way. Oh, and this gel must be applied to soaking wet hair, as that is the way that it is designed to be used. Some people will apply gel to damp or hair that has been towel dried, and then start applying products to their hair, which is not the best thing to do when you have naturally textured hair. You need to keep the Mousture in (water), so that when you apply your styling product or priducts over it, the products will simply glide through your gaur, detangling will be a breeze, and you will see less shedded hairs after your finishing styling your hair overall. And, your hair should be basically frizz free as well.

This product is pricey like all DevaCurl products are, however, I can at least say from my experience with them, and the results that I have gotten from their Decadence line, including SuperCream, as well as this styling gel, the products are totally worth ever penny.

DevaCurl offers a wide variety of products. To get the best results from the line, you have to make sure that the products you use from the line are the best ones fir your individual curls and it's specific needs.
Raigan  D.
Does this really work? Does it leave a scrunch up look?
JAS T.
Mount Juliet, TN
Will this help with frizz?
Paola P.
Bronx
Def need to try this? Does it work on thick frizzy hair?
Leah T.
Gainesville, FL
Has anyone used both this product and the LA looks sport gel? If so, which did you like better? I like the LA looks gel but it made my hair very crunchy, even when I tried to scrunch the crunch out. I just ordered this product to try instead and I'm hoping it won't make my hair as crunchy.
Karina V.
STOCKTON, CA
How does this compare to the coconut creme styler?? which one is better?