BY DEVACURL #6 in Hair Cream

Is it for me?

If you're looking for a moisturizing alternative to gel that'll give your curls frizz-free, touchable hold, this is the product of your dreams!

What does it do?

This botanically-infused cream will leave curls shiny, bouncin' and behavin.' It's made with jojoba to help strengthen hair and tapioca starch for touchable texture and frizz-control. Styling Cream also defines and tames curls—minus the crunch.

How do I use it?

Distribute all over wet or damp curls. Apply a bit more to dense areas for ultimate conditioning. Scrunch curls upward for definition or glide downward for curl lengthening. Got a few rogue curls? Rub a bit of Styling Cream between your fingers and apply it to individual ringlets when they're dry to reshape, as needed.

DevaCurl Styling Cream, Touchable Curl Definer
  • "It does make my hair soft and it enhances/defines my curls (since my curls are more wavy), but it really doesn't do much for me frizz wise." in 1 review
  • "I have really curly natural hair and I love this product is on the pricey side but is a great product !" in 1 review
  • "It also smells really nice and helps with my frizz." in 1 review
  • "Smells amazing made my hair really curly i recommend this product You won't be disappointed" in 1 review
Jade B.
Durham, NC
I had hesitated to use this product because my hair is very fine, and my curls are very fragile and soft; so if I'm blowing my hair out with a round brush and blow dryer, they straighten out completely without having to use a flat iron. So definitely NOT the coarser, tightly coiled curls that this product was probably developed and marketed toward. With that said, I finally got a sample from Sephora and I have had positive results so far! It's a much thicker cream than I would typically use given how fine my hair is, but when I use a small amount and smooth it into my hair it really works well. Scrunching and then air drying is all I have to do to give the curls that I do have some definition and control, without the frizz that usually occurs if I take a brush to them. I will definitely keep this in my rotation along with  Bumble and Bumble. Don't Blow It (Fine) Hair Styler
Sana B.
Unfortunately this did not work for me at all. I'm mostly 2c with some 3a mixed in, medium porosity, medium/thick density, coarse strands. I wanted to like it because I'm still on a quest for a perfect cream for me that'll battle my frizz without needing gel, but this was not it. A little didn't do anything for me and more just made my hair look greasy and feel gross. Might work better for people who don't get as frizzy or people who have curlier hair that can handle more product without it getting weighed down. It did smell wonderful though, so I gave it an extra star. It was nice having a product that didn't just smell like coconut.
Denise M.
Forest, OH
I use this in the morning after I have washed my hair, than put deva cream than I put deva gel and I’m ready to go for the day. Once my hair drys it just needs to have my fingers glide through and bring to life. Nice and shiny curls. Love it. If you don’t shampoo every day, the next day when I take my shower I just take my hands and water it a little. When I get out I take the towel and fluff my hair. Put a little cream in palm of hand and than a little gel. Not as much as the day before. Sometimes just gel because I still have cream. After it drys sometimes I will rub some diamond oil from redken for that nice shine. That’s also great stuff.
Ale N.
I have to use a cream product to add a bit more moisture for my hair and this adds that touch without weighing my hair too much. The scent reminded me of some candy but I can't put a finger on it. I was told to try the other one so I might try the other one once I finish this. I like that creamy milky coconut smell so I am hoping the other one smells like that but none of the fragrance in DevaCurl products ever linger in my hair for long so it doesn't interfere with any perfume I use.
Ashley G.
Dallas, TX
I have naturally curly hair and fully trust products in the DevaCurl line. After using the No Poo Shampoo and One Condition, I wrap my hair in a microfiber hair towel. After my hair is damp I comb with a wide tooth comb and use this styling cream. I have fine hair so a little goes a long way. 1 pump of product is plenty if you have fine/thin hair. This product has a wonderful scent and formula. It doesn't leave your hair sticky or crunchy like a typical cream/gel/mousse.
Avianna V.
Lorain, OH
This product is honestly one of my favorite styling creams on the market. Not only does it smell like candy, it completely defined every one of my curls without weighing them down. I use this in combination with my One Condition Decadence. It helps with frizz and I think it even conditions my very dry hair. I can use it on a wash n go or even to slick my hair back into a pony tail. I even use this product on my nieces hair (who has wavy curls) to style or diffuse (I’ll scrunch the product through so it doesn’t get caked on her fine hair) and it has a nice hold without the crunchy build up! DevaCurl Styling Cream, Touchable Curl Definer
Ashley W.
Baton Rouge, LA
I wanted to absolutely love this product so much but it just didn't quite do the trick for my type 3c/4a hair type. It applies nicely and moisturizes my hair well but when my hair is dry, it doesn't weigh it down enough to make my style last long enough. It's all a personal preference. I'd recommend this product for finer hair types, for sure or if you have a course texture and like lots of volume and less definition.
Nicole M.
Saugus, MA
I received a couple samples of this from a friend and I made sure i got the full size before i used all the samples! This styling cream is like no other. My hair is naturally wavy and this styling cream not only defines those waves without the crunch or stickiness, it keeps it moistuized, frizz free and shiny. It contains a lot of nutrients and is botanically infused. My usually dry hair is healthier all around. If you have wavy or curly hair that's hard to tame, I suggest you try this out!! I'm so happy I did!
Emily S.
Murray
I really want devacurl to work for me! I have tried a couple of their products and I keep expecting them to work but so far I am missing. I tired this styling cream and it really just smells good and made my hair soft but didn’t hold my curl pattern hardly at all. I have wavy/ curly hair and I tried their gel and it works pretty well but this cream just didn’t do it for me :(.
Sharon k.
Clearwater, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
I think that the devacurl styling cream is an amazing product! The devacurl Styling cream smells delicious one of the key ingredients is the coconut oil. I have used it on my hair wet to style it right out of the shower. I have also used it as a touch up when it is dry during the day to calm down the frizz. Keep in mind when you use it not to use a large amount because it tends to half a buildup. My hair is jet-black and one day I put a little too much because it was very hot and humid and I didn't realize that there were little white build up on my hair.
Sarah F.
Caldwell, NJ
How does this product work? Is it worth switching from L'Oreal Alcohol Free Cream/LA Looks Gel with Shea Butter and Avocado?
Carla P.
El Paso, TX
Share your Instagram name 😊 I follow you, you follow me! Let's increase our impact score Drop them below ladies !!! Mine is @carlaparraxo
Aylin R.
Brooklyn, NY
How can I get this product?
Michela C.
Does this make the hair oily?
Lorena E.
Santo Domingo
Does it hold the definition or provides more volume?