BY DEVACURL #51 in Curl Enhancing

Moisture Lock Finishing Spray

Is it for me?

If you want to seal in moisture, fight frizz and add shine to your curls after styling, this is just what you need!

What does it do?

The lightweight, nourishing formula, made with olive oil and beeswax, zaps frizz and brings back softness. Set it Free blasts curls with essential moisture and adds bounce and shine.

How do I use it?

To seal in moisture after styling, spray all over your curls. Use as needed between wash days to tame frizz and rehydrate.

• Is this a soft hold or does it look overdone and crunchy? I have ...1 Answers
  • I've heard so much about DevaCurl brand products ... Be the first to answer!
  • I've been hearing great reviews on this product but haven't had t...1 Answers
Blake C.
Brookside, NJ
I tend to use this product between washes. For example, I use it on second day hair to tamp down frizz and redefine curls. I also often spray it on my hair before I put it up into a bun for the night, so it retains its curliness and doesn't just get squashed into a weird shape. Honestly, the product is perfect for that, and although a bottle isn't cheap, it lasts a very long time. When used on its own as a primary curl product, it's arguably not that effective at defining curls, but it works in a pinch. Perfect with other products and to extend the life of your curls
Valeska S.
Dallas, TX
3a curls, fine and low porosity hair here.

this makes my hair frizz like crazy. I've tried using it on wet, damp and to refresh 2nd day hair and it sucked every time. worst in humid days too.

girls with similar porosity or texture should avoid.

I'd never buy this again. in the photo, I used it on the front strands. they looked fine wet but dried like this which is worst than it looked before. I also sprayed it on top of the rest of my hair and it became poofy too
Christina H.
Oklahoma City, OK
This is a nice moisturizing spray that i use for second, third day hair. I also use it to take down my twist outs. Its thicker than most sprays ive tried so it does leave a white cast but then it dries and its super soft and helps in detangling. The smell is so delicious. I love it. It is a bit pricey and i think i could buy something cheaper that would give me the same results. But its a thimbs up for me!
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
I LOVE this stuff! I sprayed it on my dry curls to give them more definition, and that's exactly what I got. They looked so much better after I applied this product than before - it separated my curls, tamed frizz, and added a beautiful shine. Next time I wash my hair, I'm going to try using it on damp hair to see how that pans out. But based on the results I got today, I couldn't be happier!
Melissa R.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love all things DevaCurl! I am a new customer but I am already loving all of their products. All you say? Yes! Because in a short amount of time, I have made a few different purchases. So far this is my latest purchase and I am enjoying the product. It helps keep moisture locked into my curls. A must have for any one with curls! And the smell is amazingggg.
Jessica E.
Pittsburgh , PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this product, but I could not make it work. I felt like I needed to use a ton of it because a small amount did nothing. It left my hair feeling very heavy and looking greasy( this normally is not something I experience because my hair is on the dry side). It smells pretty good but did nothing to help amp up my wavy hair.
Kelsey B.
As a hairdresser I'm always on the lookout for something to help my curly girls. This is a GAME CHANGER! Its perfect to throw in your purse to refresh your curls through out the day if its humid to bring you back together. It is also a new alternitive to a leave in after you get out of the shower.
Kaitlyn F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This spray is definitely a great pick me up for your curls if they start to loose their kink throughout the day. I usually use this after I've had my hair in a bun to get rid of the ponytail holder crease mark. The only thing that keeps me from giving this product a five star rating is the smell.
Sydney M.
East Hartford, CT
LOVE. I have been looking for a good curl setting/holding spray for my mixed hair for years that also helps retain moisture and this product has been a life saver! I have very thick, sometimes dry curls and this product gives good hold without becoming flaky or making my curls hard and crunchy.
Stacey B.
N Las Vegas, NV
This leave in spray is amazing! I spritz damp curls and scrunch and it lasts all day without frizzing, even in the dry Nevada desert. I bought it at Ulta in a sale box, which was an awesome value. I use this almost every day, I'll definitely be purchasing this again.
Maryana W.
Does it work at all on its own or do I have to buy the whole line of products to actually see a difference on my curls?
Claudia P.
Warwick, RI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a soft hold or does it look overdone and crunchy? I have really curly and dry hair, will this work for me?
Ceci R.
Brentwood, NY
I've been hearing great reviews on this product but haven't had the chance to purchase it. I have 2C/3A type hair and wonder if this product will seal and prevent frizz? Anyone...?
Janina R.
Oviedo, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've heard so much about DevaCurl brand products from so many of my NY #CurlyGirl sisters. But haven't heard about this moisture lock finishing spray. Is this like a hairspray/gel type product? Or is it kinda like the finishing spray you'd apply after applying makeup to create a longer held style?