BY DEVACURL #9 in Hair Masks

Is it for me?

If you have wavy, curly or super curly hair and your texture is prone to extreme dryness, then this mask is for you!

What does it do?

This nourishing treatment mask is like a magical elixir for dehydrated waves or curls. This nutrient-rich, buttery formula effortlessly melts into hair without feeling heavy. All curl types are left feeling shiny, silky-soft and completely transformed.

Key Ingredients Matcha Butter retains moisture and seals the cuticle Beet Root Extract improves elasticity and protects color Sweet Almond Oil is rich in vitamins and Omega Fatty Acids that help moisturize and nourish the hair

How do I use it?

After cleansing, apply the mask thoroughly to wet hair in sections. For a quick moisture boost, let it sit for 3 minutes and rinse. Need more intense hydration? Cover hair with a plastic cap for 15-20 minutes, with or without heat. For maximum moisture, apply to wet or dry hair and leave on overnight. If you are having difficulty detangling, apply to dry hair in sections as a pre-poo before cleansing. Rinse thoroughly and style as usual. Use once a week.

• Is this container really worth it? It just seems like a ...3 Answers
  • Id like to by this,  how long does this last?3 Answers
  • DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture, Matcha Butter Conditioning M...2 Answers
Aubreeanna M.
This product was not bad, but it was definitely not good for me. I have fine curly hair that seems to just drink up conditioner. My hair requires a product that has a lot of slip to it in order to properly detangle. This mask simply just did not have that slip that I need out of my conditioning products. It left my hair feeling very heavy and weighed down while really not feeling moisturized either. It’s possibly a better fit for someone with a courser hair texture. I love that devacurl products are all silicone and sulfate free though, so I hope in the future to find a different product that is better suited to my hair type.
Catherine B.
Randolph, NJ
I really like this mask. It smells amazing, makes my hair feel wonderful and the packaging is pretty user-friendly, though I prefer squeeze tubes as they are easier to use in the shower, especially when you don't really have a ledge to put the tub on. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a 5-star rating is the price. It's not insanely pricy but it is up there and I have drugstore masks that I like just as well that are a little easier on my wallet. If you want to splurge I would say its well worth the money.
Jami G.
I love all the DevaCurl hair masks! I have to have at least one backup...I can’t run out! I use the masks at least once a week. I’m a firm believer in DevaCurl products. My curls have definitely changed (for the better) since I started using this brand almost 2 years ago. I AM a DevaCurl “digital influencer”, but I don’t get all my products for free. If they didn’t choose me to work with, I would still be using this brand!
Glyniel C.
I REALLY like this and I'm VERY picky about masks. My hair is coarse, curly, medium thickness and long. I enjoy the matcha smell of this it is amazing very scented, leaves my hair smelling amazing after use and is conditioning in a way that hydrates without leaving hair overly oily or greasy. I would recommend this for people with medium to thick course hair it may be too rich for thin smooth hair.
Helene L.
Vail, AZ
This is my absolutely favorite mask that I have ever purchased. It is just for moisture, but it packs a punch. This is definitely the better moisture mask I have ever used. I have platinum blonde hair that is wavy, and it helps really bring out my curl. It also smells amazing. I would recommend this for most hair types because of the benefits it provides.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville , KY
I received this in my Sephora rescue mask set that I bought. I recently had occasion to use it the last time I washed my hair. I use a mask every time I wash my hair directly after washing and conditioning but I only wash every 4 to 6 days the day after my hair gets too oily So it's about as often as you should use a hair mask anyway. This is why I buy sets because I get more ounces of high end masks for way less money than one full size mask would cost. I haven't found my holy grail in terms of a hair mask anyway so it works out.
My hair is naturally very curly and frizzy. My curl pattern is all but completely broken and I have a lot of breakage and split ends because I use heat on my hair every day whether it be blow drying or flat ironing on wash day or curling, flat ironing or waving on the days in between.
I'm not nice to my hair because I hate it and I don't know how to manage it but I'm trying to grow it out so I do what I can to prevent and treat damage and a mask is one of those ways.
This mask smelled delightful and clean and fruity. As you can see from my photo it is a thicker conditioner but still very smooth. Not quite as thick as masks that usually come in a jar but it is still substantial.
It gave me an amazing amount of slip to my hair immediately and after rinsing.
Used with my normal products and regimen with this being the only change I noticed my hair was shinier in a healthy way and looked all around healthier and smoother after one use and styling.
It wasn't mind blowing but I haven't come across a magical hair mask yet so compared to all the high end masks I've used this is one of the top favs. I can only think of one better but at 60 dollars a jar PhytoKeratin extreme is not in my budget for constant use so this is a much Better option.
My requirements for a mask, especially one that isn't cheap, is that I see immediate and ongoing results. You don't use a mask that often So when you do you want it to do something. Especially if it's as expensive as all the masks at sephora are. And I feel this one provided that so I would definitely recommend it.
It moisturized my hair without weighing it down at all. It gave me shine without making me look oily. It didn't make me any more oily any faster than usual and it did its job well. Overall its a good mask.
Brenda C.
Miramar, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
This whole brand is AMAZING. But this mask is my favorite product of theirs. I have really frizzy and unruly curls and this mask helps smooth them out completely and helps keep my curls in place without making my hair greasy or overly saturated with product. Gives me hair a nice shine and leaves it so soft which can be a little tricky with curly hair.
Rosemarie H.
Deptford , NJ
this is a must have . transform your hair back to life . I absolutely love this product . Wash and condition your hair as usual then after apply and leave “ Devacurl Melt In moisture” hair mask between 20 minutes to 24h depending on the severity of your hair damage. Style as usual and you will see a big difference in your hair. The style, movement, And did I mention the shine. Most styling mask only last one use and you get one style that you’re satisfied with. This particular mask has your style lasting for an entire month. Let’s say you do the hair mask today and you sell your hair you love the results. Then three days roll by his time to re-wash your hair and wash and condition as usual skipping the hair mask. Once you sell your hair you will be amazed of how the results extend. I use this product once or twice a month. This product works for straight curly wavy or any style. It’s a great moisture boost and in between solution for these bad hair days or days you can’t get to the salon... this is a must have!!
Kirsten W.
Overland Park, KS
Love this product! I have used it for 20 minutes on my hair and it makes it amazingly soft and I have also even put it in and let my hair dry and kept it in for a few days. I hav me really dry hair so I don’t have to worry about it getting oily fast at all. After leaving this in for a couple days holy moly my hair is so soft for days and days after washing it out.
Jessica D.
This mask is probably one of the best you’ll try ever! I usually finish this product very quickly and it’s a bit pricey and I don’t really have time to always repurchase it but it is definitely something I am always loving! Leaves your hair very smooth and healthy, if you’re transitioning back to your natural hair I definitely recommend using this!
Briana J.
1,137 reviews
How well does this work?
Chantal P.
Doral, FL
Id like to by this,  how long does this last?
Tiffany W.
Fort Worth, TX
Has anyone tried this DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture, Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask. If you have what are your likes and dislike?
Tammy B.
HEPHZIBAH, GA
Has anyone tried this? What are you opinions about it? Is this good for fine thin hair?