BY DEVACURL #4 in Hair Gel

Is it for me?

If you want a non-drying gel that'll leave your curls soft, defined and frizz-free, your search is over!

What does it do?

This light-hold styler surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with wheat and soy proteins locks in moisture, amps up shine and adds bounce.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion. Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off! Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get soft, crunch-free curls.

• Does it work well with other product lines?? Or just the deva cur...1 Answers
  • I am in interested in getting this gel. I have 4b... Be the first to answer!
  • How is this different than the styling cream? Does it leave your ...1 Answers
DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, Soft Hold No-Crunch Styler
  • "I have a lot of long, curly hair & I can imagine I'd go through at least one $18-22 bottle of each product a month if I bought the larger sizes." in 3 reviews
  • "For natural hair (kinky coily texture) it provided a light hold, a slight sheen, and a pleasing scent." in 1 review
  • "This product works great for curly hair!" in 1 review
  • "It's not heavy and doesn't give that wet hair look." in 1 review
  • "I've tried so many different products to hold my hair without weighing it down and finally after 20+ years of searching I found this!" in 1 review
Lisa G.
This Devacurl product is definitely a holy grail item I would need with me if I was stranded on a deserted island. Don't get me wrong it is pricey but worth every penny. It keeps my curls moisturized, bouncy and frizz free all day. The trick is to apply to hair while your curls are still wet, flip your hair over and scrunch from ends to root. Let it dry and flip head again amd scrunch to release the cast it puts on your curls. I also love that when you wet it to wash or condition the next day it feels like conditioner is being raised from your hair. It is just that moisturizing! If you are a curly haired girl please do your hair a favor and try this out stat!
Angelyn S.
Vancouver
I really liked the light defining gel - it does what it claims, but it wasn't the best for use in a super tropical climate like the Philippines - but that's my fault! Smells great, has decent hold with no crunch, and didn't weigh my hair down. Did have some frizz still but again, that was my fault - I should have gotten the regular hold one but I was afraid it was going to be too much.
Casey S.
Let me start off with saying I am a curly girl who HATES gel. I don't like how sticky it feels and how crunchy it leaves my hair, I can't stand that 'wet' look if I use too much. That being said, I absolutely LOVE the Devacurl light gel and what it does for my hair. I towel dry my hair and use a small amount of leave in conditioner, then scrunch the gel throughout my hair & let it air dry or use a diffuser. My stylist described this gel as creating a protective layer around each curl as it dries then you scrunch the crunchiness away when it's done drying. My curls are more defined, less frizzy, and no crunch! I have since tried the same method with other gels thinking I was just using them incorrectly but have yet to find one that yields the same results.
Jenny G.
Jasper, GA
Deva curl is a miracle worker for people with curly hair like my and my daughter's hair. It's so light and almost watery which is great since it doesn't weigh down your curls. It's not crunchy either. DevaCurl defing DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel, Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler
Amanda💋 M.
Secaucus , NJ
This is a bomb gel it’s very pricey but it’s gives great definition and holds moisture in well it’s very long lasting I usually put it over the supercream and I get some bomb results I recommend to any curly girl out there
Laci T.
Decatur, IL
I had high hopes for my first go at devacurl. I bought $125 worth of items for my daughter's curly hair, and my oldest daughter's semi-curly hair. Day one was great... every day after the hair is SO DRY. Out of everything I bought in the deva brand... this particular one would be the one I liked the best, but I sent it all back because who knows if it's one or all that gave me bad results. There's no silicones, but SOMETHING in the brand builds up on the hair almost immediately. So sad! Dry, gunky, crunchy and waxy are NOT how I want my girls or my clients to walk away!
Courtney H.
I have been natural for 2 years. I finally tried the DevaCurl line that everyone was going crazy over and I was just not satisfied. I used this gel because the other ones had proteins in them and I am protein sensitive. So I applied it to my wet hair after washing it with the DevaCurl No Poo. When I started to apply it to my hair I knew then that it was not going to work. Literally my Wash n' Go lasted only 2 days and it was frizzy. I  need a better holding gel. I would recommend this to someone who does not want a firm hold and is willing to redo their hair in under a week.
Derrick |.
Russellville
So far this gel has worked very well. It doesn’t leave residues and helps get curls started. It drys with the curls to help hold them in place and then you just break the caste that it forms around the curls and it leaves them light and bouncy. Has a nice scent too.
Paola H.
newell

This I had tested in a single occasion the fixation and unwrap of curl 4 that is my hair type I was not convinced 100% may have had a bad application of the product but I do not rule out the possibility of re-trafficking once more with the line to see if I try
Gissell T.
Bronx, NY
Best gel ever. Defines my curl really well. Not frazzled best product I love it 😍 I would love to have the whole set but the only bad thing is that they are to expensive and I can’t afford it. I have the gel and the leaving in they work really good to my hair. Definitely I would recommend this
Sydnye H.
Round Rock, TX
Does this make your hair crusty? Crust Vs. Curl - The ultimate battle.
Brittney💛 N.
Longwood, FL
I have 3c/4a curls, anyone know if this product would make my hair crunchy or give me soft looking curls??
Dina K.
Is this curl product worth the hype?
karla s.
Grimsley, TN
I want to know if the DevaCurl Light Defining Gel actually works on really thick curly hair? I would like to know if the cost is worth it? Please help! Looking for a good curling gel or cream
CheyenneXo f.
can this be used as an everyday produt. (without washing hair first)