BY DEVACURL #1 in Hair Gel

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Is it for me?

If you want a non-drying gel that'll leave your curls soft, defined and frizz-free, your search is over!

What does it do?

This light-hold styler surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with wheat and soy proteins locks in moisture, amps up shine and adds bounce.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion. Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off! Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get soft, crunch-free curls.

• Is this gel good for 3b or 3c curly hair?2 Answers
  • Compared to the Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly?2 Answers
  • How is this different than the styling cream? Does it lea...3 Answers
Buy on DevaCurl*
  • "I have a lot of long, curly hair & I can imagine I'd go through at least one $18-22 bottle of each product a month if I bought the larger sizes." in 3 reviews
  • "This product works great for curly hair!" in 1 review
  • "Just tilt your head forward and scrunch into damp hair, do a little light diffusing or let air dry and be on your way!" in 1 review
  • "It's not heavy and doesn't give that wet hair look." in 1 review
  • "I have thick, curly hair and this Light defining gel works great on my hair." in 1 review
Katie M.
Madison
I've been using this gel for almost three years now when I started my curly hair journey. This gel kept my hair frizz-free and my curls looking perfect. I feel like they have changed the formula recently.It doesn't feel as strong as it used to. It used to leave a hard cast on my hair and I would scrunch it out but it doesn't do this anymore. I liked how it was light but now I think it is too light. I will be purchasing the ultra gel next time. My hair frizzes really fast now when I use this unfortunately.
Lisa G.
This Devacurl product is definitely a holy grail item I would need with me if I was stranded on a deserted island. Don't get me wrong it is pricey but worth every penny. It keeps my curls moisturized, bouncy and frizz free all day. The trick is to apply to hair while your curls are still wet, flip your hair over and scrunch from ends to root. Let it dry and flip head again amd scrunch to release the cast it puts on your curls. I also love that when you wet it to wash or condition the next day it feels like conditioner is being raised from your hair. It is just that moisturizing! If you are a curly haired girl please do your hair a favor and try this out stat!
Brittany P.
BRONX, NY
DevaCurl has become almost every curly girls holy grail and I think we can all understand why ! Although the price point may be a little steep considering your just not buying one, but it is WORTH the money you spend as that goes for most of the things they sell. I have thin curly hair and it works wonders for me, but definitely only when I  have the cash to splurge on my hair products.
Winston W.
Dothan, AL
This gel is great to use for an amazing and simple natural curly hairdo. I bought this when it was on sale at Ulta and I am glad I did. I use it so much but a little goes a long way for me so I still have plenty! The no-crunch part is sort of true, it’s less crunch than other gels I have used but it kind of felt crunchy at times; however, it might just be my specific hair type rather than the gel itself!
Tivonia B.
Southfield, MI
Personally I don’t like to use this unless I want my curls extra defined and held for an event because unfortunately most waxes, gels etc dry really fast in my hair and then they Start flaking and the only way to get rid of the flakes is for me to detox and deep condition my hair (literally it’s not an option to reg wash and condition if that stuff is in my hair). It smells amazing, it definitely works so I have no complaints I just wish it didn’t flake in my hair but that’s a personal issue. Price....it’s DevaCurl I recommend getting one of the $45 kits at Sephora that’s the best deal cause normally you can get this, full size no poo and conditioner, a scarf and maybe a hair mask and the build up as well so that makes it totally worth it and the gel last me a long time.
Casey S.
Let me start off with saying I am a curly girl who HATES gel. I don't like how sticky it feels and how crunchy it leaves my hair, I can't stand that 'wet' look if I use too much. That being said, I absolutely LOVE the Devacurl light gel and what it does for my hair. I towel dry my hair and use a small amount of leave in conditioner, then scrunch the gel throughout my hair & let it air dry or use a diffuser. My stylist described this gel as creating a protective layer around each curl as it dries then you scrunch the crunchiness away when it's done drying. My curls are more defined, less frizzy, and no crunch! I have since tried the same method with other gels thinking I was just using them incorrectly but have yet to find one that yields the same results.
Jessica S.
Helena, AL
I cannot rave enough about how much I LOVE Devacurl. It was a game changer for my curly hair! I would never wear my hair curly because I hated how frizzy my curls were, but this product(as well as the No-Poo and Conditioner) completely smoothed my curls without them feeling weighted down. There products are a bit pricey- but they are absolutely worth the money. If you have curly hair run, don’t walk, to Ulta and grab these products up!!
Keziah S.
Washington
I have curly hair (obviously). My hair is very frizzy. I use this on wet hair, and it really makes a difference. It also is curly hair approved without silicones and sulfates and everything else. I got it off of amazon for around 20$. I love this product and I recommend it to anyone with curly hair. It is kinda expensive but it lasts a long time! It’s great.
Courtney M.
This product smells amazing, let me start there. It really helps to keep some of my natural wave locked in without going frizzy or crunchy. It does last all day and doesn’t really seem to break apart. I would caution not to use on WET hair. Make sure it’s tousled dry as much as possible at least, or dry to damp hair. Otherwise it can still get crunchy!
Jenny G.
Jasper, GA
Deva curl is a miracle worker for people with curly hair like my and my daughter's hair. It's so light and almost watery which is great since it doesn't weigh down your curls. It's not crunchy either. DevaCurl defing DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel, Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler
Sydnye H.
Round rock , TX
Does this make your hair crusty? Crust Vs. Curl - The ultimate battle.
Iborine M.
Margate, FL
Does this product flake ? Is it heavy?
Brittney💛 N.
Longwood, FL
I have 3c/4a curls, anyone know if this product would make my hair crunchy or give me soft looking curls??
Alana S.
How is this different than the styling cream? Does it leave your hair crunchy at all?
Amanda W.
Is this a protein free gel and does it moisturize not harden your hair and no fakes?

back