DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel

Is it for me?

If you want to unleash your natural curly and wavy texture, you've found the right styler!

What does it do?

This lightweight spray gel amplifies and holds texture, plus redefines 2nd-day curls. It's made with a soothing, strengthening blend of sunflower, lemongrass, and wheat and soy proteins.

How do I use it?

• To say buh-bye to frizz and hello to effortless texture, spritz onto to wet or dry curls and scrunch in an upward motion.
  • To tame flyaways, apply where needed and smooth with your hands.

What’s in it?

FRAGRANCE:

The herbaceous scent of Lemongrass is lush and refreshing.

INGREDIENTS:

Water (Aqua,Eau), VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin.

All DevaCurl products are 100% sulfate, paraben and silicone free.

Does this work well with permed hair?
Does anybody know if this will give me a cast that will allow my waves/ curls to stay together for more than 2 days...[product:devacurl-the-curl-maker-curl-boosting-spray-gel-texture-volume-236ml8oz] ?
What newness have you picked up from Ulta recently? Yesterday I got [product:devacurl-curl-maker], NYX Butter Gloss in Praline, [product:tony-moly-tako-one-shot-nose-pack-1pc-15g] NYX Powder Puff Lippie!
Start your review of DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel!
5 months ago
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a lightweight spray gel that transforms my hair from 2nd & 3rd day flatness to bouncy curls and waves! I have fine, 2a/2b waves and have a hard time finding products that define and hold while not weighing it down - this is my miracle product! Not a fan of the fragrance, but that's a minimal complaint in return for amazing results! Paired with the Volumizing Foam and everyday is a good curl day.
7 months agoTrenton, OH
This is the holy grail of hair brands of curly haired friends! Smells good, works amazing! I use on wet hair while scrunching before diffusing. You get what you pay for with these products and they are worth every penny. As a professional hairdresser this product is one I often recommend to my curly hair clients.
8 months agoKenosha, WI
I love how light this is, I use it over my hair moisturizer and the two of them together make my curls nice and bouncy without a lot of product buildup. It also lasts forever, I was impressed at how long I’ve had the same bottle. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive.
a year agoColumbia, TN
I've been on the hunt for the perfect curly/wavy hair product for some time. Other products have left my head itchy, but I am happy to say that DevaCurl products have exceeded my expectations. The spray gel is super easy to use, although I use a diffuser instead of air drying, and I get so much curl! It does feel a little sticky while damp, but one it's dry it feels super light and gives me awesome curls. If you have thicker hair, I'd recommend using the regular gel instead of the spray. It's about $22-23 a bottle, but it lasts me a month and is worth every penny. I don't wash my hair every day, so for second day hair, you can re-wet (but don't rinse out of hair) and diffuse again. If you have curly or wavy hair, I highly recommend DevaCurl products in general. They have the right product for your tpe of hair.
10 months agoBrooklyn, NY
I love devacurl, but this was just ok for me. This provided me with lots of volume and did create defined curls. It’s pretty lightweight so my hair never felt weighed down. It did help reduce frizz overall. My only issue was that it made my hair crunchy. I would have to tousle it a bit once it was dry to get it to be a little softer. I never really used it on dry hair, but am curious about what kind of results I would get. The fragrance is ok. A little synthetic and sweet. It’s supposed to be lemongrass, which is not what this makes me think of. Kind of bummed that there are PEGs in it as well as unlisted fragrance. I do love that it’s cruelty free ❤️ I would probably try this again, but I don’t think it’s a holy grail for me.
7 months agoBrooklyn, NY
Purchased at: Amazon
Great for texture and volume just like it says! I have hair which is right in between wavy and curly and I tried this product along with the B’leave-in curl plumper and this product is a godsend. Normally my hair is flat, without any definition or texture but after applying both products I was able to air dry my hair and look like I actually diffused my hair which was awesome because I don’t always have the time/patience to diffuse. However I also tried it while diffusing and it works just as well. I would say if you are using this to refresh your 2nd day curls, don’t use too much or it will become sticky but nevertheless a great product!
6 months agoPawtucket , RI
Deva curl for the win. This is a staple. A must. Flyaways, frizz oh beautiful curls come with all the struggles. I have the entire line. I never run out because I maintain my stash. Love love my deva curl.
a year agoNorth Bergen, NJ
DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel uploaded by Gleidys S.
I love Devacurl products in general because when you decide to keep your curly hair natural one of the biggest problems that we struggle with is dryness, so devacurl gives the moisture that your have lost and texture without the scrunchie and jevy texture that we hate because of its natural ingredients. Give a chance to Thecurlmaker and you won't be disappointed. DevaCurl The Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel
2 years agoTaunton, MA
DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel uploaded by April P.
Honestly the best thing for curly hair! My mother owns a salon and I've tried it all and this in the best. Perfect for the summer, I can just spray, scrunch and go. It dries into beautiful banana curls that don't get frizzy. I'm in love.
2 years agoOsceola, WI
DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel uploaded by Teresa C.
Once again DevaCurl exceeds my expectations with their fine product line. I like this after I diffuse my hair while it still partially wet it to refresh my curls on second day curls. Works great either way. DevaCurl Curl Maker Curl Boosting Spray Gel
Ask a question to the Influenster community...