Hair CareHair ProductsDevaCurl
Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum

DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum

Who is Buildup Buster for?

If your hair has lost its mojo due to buildup from products, hard water, or environmental stressors, this rejuvenating cleansing serum will bring all curl types (wavy, curly, super curly) back to life!

What does it do?

We’re the first to bring Micellar Water to haircare! Micellar Water attracts dirt like a magnet to gently remove buildup from the hair and scalp. Unlike traditional clarifying shampoos that contain harsh ingredients, this powerful cleanser won't strip the hair. Plus, it contains abyssinian seed oil and jojoba to deliver moisture, shine and head-turning bounce.

How do I use it?

• Wet curls in the shower.
  • Use the pointed tip to target the scalp. Massage all over, and work it through the mid-lengths and ends.
  • Rinse thoroughly by massaging as the water runs through the curls.
  • Be sure to follow with a DevaCurl conditioner or treatment to seal in moisture.
  • Use weekly,or as needed in place of your regular cleanser.

What's in it?

FRAGRANCE:
The lush, refreshing scent captures a purifying, and relaxing, clean feeling.

INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Lactamide MEA, Glycerin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Limonium Gerberi Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxyproplytrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-11, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

Has anyone used this product before shampooing their hair (as a pre-poo treatment) ?
I Have really curly hair. Do you curly headed ladies like this product? Or what’s your favorite? What works best with your hair?
hood well does the work on removing scalp build up?
Start your review of DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum!
Lisa M.
Eau Claire, WI
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Lisa M.
DevaCurl Buildup Buster Micellar Cleansing Serum is so good! My hair felt greasy and weighed down before using this product. After, my scalp feels so clean and my hair isn't lifeless! It has a very fresh smell and I would purchase again. I don't have curly hair but I don't think you need to have it to get benefits from this product.
Incentivized Review
dayse Marilia S.
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by dayse Marilia S.
Me gustó mucho este producto dejar el cabello precioso y los rizos definidos!
Me gustó mucho este producto dejar el cabello precioso y los rizos definidos!
Audrey W.
Decatur, GA
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Audrey W.
I have 3c type curly hair that needs a lot of moisture. That means after a few days of styling, there's a lot of build up that can weigh my curls down. After washing with this serum (that feels like a cleansing jelly) that I received complimentary from Influenster, I my hair was a thousand percent refreshed. It was light, bouncy, but still had some moisture. This cleanser does not strip at all. Some of my curls are limp because of heat damage, but something about this product help bring them back to life. No exaggeration. I plan on buying this when I run out.
Jennifer L.
Cleveland , OHIO
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Jennifer L.
Purchased at: Sephora
I didn't think I would love this products as much as I did. This is great for all hair types to clean and remove buildup from the hair and scalp. It brought back life to my hair making it more shiny and added natural volume. Awesome product!
Aneesah M.
Buda, TX
I wasn't to sure on this product but I liked it and even though you could use this without using the no poo but it worked and I appreciate that but I still rather use the no poo vs this. I guess I could use this when I just want to do a wash and go or a condish wash.
Jasmine S.
Albuquerque, NM
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Jasmine S.
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Jasmine S.
My honest review of this product is that it is amazing. I put it on my scalp and didn't really feel the difference till I actually put it on my strands and it just started melting my curls down it was awesome. It defined them which is surprising cause its a shampoo. I will definitely buy this product, I included before and after pictures to show this product really did work
Katie H.
DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum uploaded by Katie H.
I thought my hair was just naturally frizzy/slightly wavy until I started using this. It gives my curls shape and thoroughly cleanses my hair without stripping it of natural oils. My hair doesn't feel dry after using this which I LOVE! I do have to use more product than instructed but I look past that because this stuff is amazing. I can't wait to try more from DevaCurl, I feel like I can embrace my curls now with the right products! Thank you Influenster for sending this to me to try out for free.
Sonia A.
This is a good product to try out if your looking for something new, I'm buying this once I'm fishing with first bottle!
Sessolee R.
I love the pointed tip, it smells good and my scalp is feeling great! I think this would be especially good for washing protective styles, since the tip allows you to manage where the shampoo is going. I need to find a place that sells devacurl conditioner in my area, so I can really rate it against other products - since I don't wash my hair without conditioning it.
Diti D.
Alexandria, VA
I love it. I was hesitant but it really did get the built up product out of my hair. I followed up with the devacurl conditioner and my hair was so so soft! I had a ton of volume and shine, I can't wait to see what else it does for my hair!

184 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...