BY DEVACURL

Who is Buildup Buster for?

If your hair has lost its mojo due to buildup from products, hard water, or environmental stressors, this rejuvenating cleansing serum will bring all curl types (wavy, curly, super curly) back to life!

What does it do?

We’re the first to bring Micellar Water to haircare! Micellar Water attracts dirt like a magnet to gently remove buildup from the hair and scalp. Unlike traditional clarifying shampoos that contain harsh ingredients, this powerful cleanser won't strip the hair. Plus, it contains abyssinian seed oil and jojoba to deliver moisture, shine and head-turning bounce.

How do I use it?

• Wet curls in the shower.
  • Use the pointed tip to target the scalp. Massage all over, and work it through the mid-lengths and ends.
  • Rinse thoroughly by massaging as the water runs through the curls.
  • Be sure to follow with a DevaCurl conditioner or treatment to seal in moisture.
  • Use weekly,or as needed in place of your regular cleanser.

What's in it?

FRAGRANCE:
The lush, refreshing scent captures a purifying, and relaxing, clean feeling.

INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Lactamide MEA, Glycerin, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Limonium Gerberi Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxyproplytrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-11, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

• Ok, this stuff is very expensive. Is there a way to buy samples?...2 Answers
  • How does it smell, and does really get rid of build up??2 Answers
  • How well does this get rid of build up? And does it dry your hair...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Carol 🇩.
Tampa, FL
I can say Im still learning everyday , and one of the things I noticed when doing the ACV rinse to get rid of product build up , was that it was stripping my Color . So I decided to use @mydevacurl Build Up Buster .I've heard so many good things about it , but as you know I love to try things a few times before sharing my personal experience results . I've used it twice and both times I saw a huge difference is the color that washed out and the most exciting part it's like doing CPR or using a Defibrillator on my curls 😂 .It brings them back to life ! After That heat at Curlfest , coloring my hair 2 weeks before , my curls needed a boost , and @mydevacurl Build Up Buster was the perfect solution. Having colored hair is tough on my curls and I have to be careful as to what I use, but this product is Amazing . #buildupbuster DevaCurl Buildup Buster, Micellar Water Cleansing Serum
Marcella G.
San Antonio, TX
This cleansing serum is everything you need! If you have wavy to curly hair, you know you need to add a significant amount of products to make your hair look good. At the end of the week, a lot of build up can accumulate and make your waves/curls look not as fresh (a little heavy, per se). I use this once a week for a deep cleanse on my scalp and hair. It makes a lot of difference. A fresh start to your curls. It is a little bit on the pricier side, but it lasts forever (bought mine over 4 months ago), and smells good!
Angie R.
I LOVE this product. I normally don't like shampoos because they strip my hair from all the moisture. But this one was very moisturizing and I can easily detangle with it. The new Pantene one does have miscellar water in it for a cheaper price but it is not CG friendly like this one is. But the shelf life does last a while! Definitely recommend purchasing this!
Kelley N.
Lakeland, FL
I received a free sample of this product with my DevaCurl VoxBox.  I was super pleased with the way it seemed to removed build up and residue from hairspray and other products I use post wash to style my hair.  Application was easy, the smell of the product was pleasant, and I liked having a "blank slate" to start the styling process again.  If you need to "reset" your hair/curl, this is a great product to use in combination with other DevaCurl products.  I can't speak for long term use, but for the two uses I got from the sample, I was very pleased, and would likely purchase it specifically for removal of product build up.  Nice product, DevaCurl!
Stephanie P.
Denver, CO
I tested it head to head with a clarifying shampoo and while they both cleansed my scalp and gave my hair a lot of body at the roots, the clarifying shampoo dried my hair out and my s-waves turned straight. This product actually feels like it conditions and my waves defined into curls. Pretty amazing.
Kathy P.
Fayetteville , AR
I love the idea of this product and how it gets rid of product build up because I am definitely an example of someone who doesn’t watch their hair everyday but puts a ton of product in it depending on the situation! The only thing is after using this my hair felt stripped of its moisture and as if I removed the product build up from my roots but then it got left on the surface of my hair and wouldn’t wash away even if I did a double lather.
Karla S.
Bonita , CA
Thanks to Influenster and DevaCurl this was my first time trying DevaCurl buildup buster. In all honesty, I have combination hair of a relaxed wavy, very wavy, and some curls here and there. The packet given to us I feel doesn't suffice for a good enough way to test the product in its true force. I put it on my wet hair and let it air dry. It didn't make a noticeable difference to the shape of my curls/waves. However, I have semi long hair so I'd need to use more product and more consistently to see how it works over time. I like the smell and my hair did feel softer.
Ashlee A.
Phoenix, AZ
Was reluctant to use a clarifying product for fear of stripping my already dry scalp, but decided to try this when my curls started straightening out lately due to silicone buildup (trying to get rid of my last few cone containing products). This stuff really did the trick. I did an apple cider vinegar rinse, then applied the product to my scalp. The lather was nice, so you don't need to much. The nozzle is also perfect. My curls instantly looked happier, and my scalp was not nearly as dry as it is with a sulfate shampoo. Will be reusing!! Thanks again devacurl
Dameisha S.
Detroit
I love it it left my hair clean soft and just wonderfully plain on buying again at ulta or Amazon amazon is really cheap can get it for like 5 dollars for the pack I use this every 2 weeks to get all the build up out am very satisfied with this product
Kashara B.
Wharton, TX
This product is definitely a must have!!! Official game changer! It's light weight, but holds alot of power. Say good bye to product buildup on your scalp. I will be repurchasing this whenever I run out! The smell is amazing too. I could go on and on!
Hannah F.
Cartersville , GA
How well does this get rid of build up? And does it dry your hair out to much or does it keep the moisture in the curls? #CurlyGirl
Stephanie M.
Calistoga, CA
How often should one use it? #curlygirl
Jamie M.
Mitchell, IN
Ok, this stuff is very expensive. Is there a way to buy samples? And is it really worth all the hype and money $$$? If so how often should I use it? Thanks
Niecy H.
Does this product strip your hair after using it?
Alyssa B.