BY DEVACURL #50 in Hair Mousse

Is it for me?

If you have frizz-prone curls that need extra moisture and lasting hold, snap this up!

What does it do?

The extra-moisturizing formula surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with chamomile, lemongrass, and orange peel extract, keeps curls smooth and soft for the long haul.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion. Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off! Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get touchable, crunch-free curls that look and feel moisturized.

Melissa M.
Lexington , KY
I wanted so badly to like this gel. I love Deva Curl and they they put out excellent products, but this gel, being maximum holds, just isn’t doing it for me. There was very little crunch as they claim, but my curls had fallen by the end of the day and were nearly non existent the next morning. I can usually get 7+ days out of a wash with excellent curls and more definition toward the end of the week, but not with this. My 3a curls were barely 2b waves. I do not think this is a bad product, however, just not a defining or holding gel. I like that it didn’t dry my hair out, at all. I don’t plan to give up on this product just yet, I just want to figure out a different way to use it.
Lena W.
Santa Monica
Devacurl Arc Angel styler is my absolute favourite curly hair product! I have 2c/3a hair that is so extremely thick and frizzy it can be hard to handle. But even using just this product alone my curls become soft and defined. I put around a quarter of product in the palm of my hand and scrunch it through each half of my hair and voila! I find air drying gives me better results than a diffuser with this product in particular. My bottle is finishing up and I will definitely be stocking up!
First pic w/ product //// Second pic without
Sirena N.
When I first used this, I instantly fell in love with it. It has a refreshing orange/citrus scent and doesn't leave any crunch in your hair. However, I have curly hair that reaches to my waist and just had to use too much of this product to get enough hold. If you have shorter curls that don't need a lot of product, you would probably really love this! I have heard wonderful things about the Ultra defining gel, so I may try that instead!
Marissa F.
The only good thing I can say about this product is that it smells amazing!! I originally got it thinking it would take my frizzy hair and help restore my curly but it didn’t do that at all. For its price I wouldn’t buy it again and definitely not for how badly it worked. I basically use it so my hair will smell yummy.
Bethany G.
Irvington, KY
Let me start this by saying that I have never been one to use gels. I hate how they make my hair crunchy and sticky and just gross feeling. I decided to try this and it is honestly a staple in my hair routine! It gives my hair the hold it needs without the crunch. It smells like oranges or tangerines.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.
Brooklyn, NY
BEST GEL EVER! I have 3B textured curly hair & let me tell you... this gel defines my curls like NO OTHER! None the less it lasts & keeps my hair looking gorgeous up to 3 days! (Obviously refreshing it lol). Definitely worth the money & the bottle lasts you a pretty long time!
AMY G.
Fresno, CA
My daughter has 3c/4a curls and follows the curly girl method. This is her go to gel, but she doesn't use it daily. It weighs her hair down a bit more than her usual styler does, but this works great on days when the dew point is higher and she needs to control the frizz.
Parysa G.
Austin, TX
Pair this product with the DevaCurl B'Leave-In, Miracle Curl Plumper and your curly hair will be curling like no other! I’ve used so many deva curl products but these two are my go too. Use both these products when your hair is SUPER wet and scrunch it in.
Johnay C.
Bronx, NY
The best gel I’ve used so far! love the scent, how it feels in my hair and how it holds!! Definitely maxmium hold as the bottle says! totally invest in this if you have tight coils curls like me! I LOVE DEVA CURL
Ashlee A.
Phoenix, AZ
This gel has a thicker texture than the DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel with a lighter hold. Just like the Ultra Defining Gel, I love that this gel has a lot of protein and is silicone-free. I do feel that I need more product when using the Arc Angel Gel since it has a lighter hold, but it fights frizz fairly well for me (possibly owing to the thicker consistency).
Amanda E.
Is there any way to revive this the next day without starting all over again? When I wake up my hair is one big frizz ball!
Rachael G.
Fridley, MN
This this product help create curls for those who are not blessed with natural curls?
Aeryl C.
Hodgenville, KY
I want to try this but I'm afraid of crunchy curls.
Marissa K.
Buffalo, NY
How would you recommend using this product? I've tried it before and it hasn't done the trick for me. I've put it in while my hair is soaking wet but it did not define my curls. I'm not sure if I used too much or need another product with it or it just doesn't work with my hair
Jamie L.
I am interested in trying Deva Curl products. Does this make your hair crunchy or stiff?