BY DEVACURL

Is it for me?

If you have frizz-prone curls that need extra moisture and lasting hold, snap this up!

What does it do?

The extra-moisturizing formula surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with chamomile, lemongrass, and orange peel extract, keeps curls smooth and soft for the long haul.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion. Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off! Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get touchable, crunch-free curls that look and feel moisturized.

Jazz J.
Riverside , CA
Purchased at: DevaCurl
I use this product all the time! It keeps my curls defined but not crunchy. The price is worth it, I only use about quarter size for my whole head. It smells good and it doesn’t cause product pile up on my scalp.
Christa F.
Newburgh, IN
It’s not your old school gel for certain! I was looking for a higher quality hair product I could sit on my bathroom counter for my girls and I could all use. The girls use it as their nighttime after bath leave in product. It works wonders for that use! No morning time wake up frizz and makes for low maintenance school hair prep time! Blown dry after using Arc Angel creates volume without frizzing out during styling and throughout my day. A keeper.
Melissa M.
Lexington , KY
I wanted so badly to like this gel. I love Deva Curl and they they put out excellent products, but this gel, being maximum holds, just isn’t doing it for me. There was very little crunch as they claim, but my curls had fallen by the end of the day and were nearly non existent the next morning. I can usually get 7+ days out of a wash with excellent curls and more definition toward the end of the week, but not with this. My 3a curls were barely 2b waves. I do not think this is a bad product, however, just not a defining or holding gel. I like that it didn’t dry my hair out, at all. I don’t plan to give up on this product just yet, I just want to figure out a different way to use it.
Renee V.
West Fargo, ND
My stylist thought I should try this instead of the ultra defining gel the last time that I had a DevaCut. It was amazing! My bouncy curls lasted throughout a party at the lake and were even still there all through the next day (which Never happens for me)! I will be ordering this when I need to have my curls stay for a day or two!  It was a little crunchy to begin with but soon turned into soft curls.
Sirena N.
When I first used this, I instantly fell in love with it. It has a refreshing orange/citrus scent and doesn't leave any crunch in your hair. However, I have curly hair that reaches to my waist and just had to use too much of this product to get enough hold. If you have shorter curls that don't need a lot of product, you would probably really love this! I have heard wonderful things about the Ultra defining gel, so I may try that instead!
Bethany G.
Irvington, KY
Let me start this by saying that I have never been one to use gels. I hate how they make my hair crunchy and sticky and just gross feeling. I decided to try this and it is honestly a staple in my hair routine! It gives my hair the hold it needs without the crunch. It smells like oranges or tangerines.
Jasmine P.
This is my holy grail hair styling product. It completely exceeds my expectations and is unlike any gel I’ve previously tried. I use it with the styling cream to form a gel cast, and once my hair is completely dry I crunch the curls to reveal soft, frizz-free and super defined hair.
Evelyn K.
NEW YORK
Absolutely in love with this gel. It does a great job of defining my curls without leaving them crunchy or with white flakes that usually accompany gel. I value definition and volume, and this gel is the happy medium. I usually use this either in combination with the DevaCurl B'Leave-In, Miracle Curl Plumper 16oz or any of my other favorite leave-ins, and I will say it works so well with other products. I only took off one star for the price, as DecaCurl can be on the pricier side.
Ashlee A.
Phoenix, AZ
This gel has a thicker texture than the DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel with a lighter hold. Just like the Ultra Defining Gel, I love that this gel has a lot of protein and is silicone-free. I do feel that I need more product when using the Arc Angel Gel since it has a lighter hold, but it fights frizz fairly well for me (possibly owing to the thicker consistency).
Natasha P.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is my all time favorite gel! I have not found one I like better. The hold is great, it helps keep my waves and curls defined. The first day there is some crunch which I just scrunch out. I find if I refresh with just water or a leave-in mixed with water my hair is revived the next day. I recommend this gel!
Amanda E.
Is there any way to revive this the next day without starting all over again? When I wake up my hair is one big frizz ball!
Rachael G.
Casper, WY
Marcella C.
How does Arc AnGel compare to DevaCurls Ultra Defining Gel?
Aeryl C.
HODGENVILLE, KY
I want to try this but I'm afraid of crunchy curls.