BY DEVACURL #76 in Hair Mousse

Is it for me?

If you have frizz-prone curls that need extra moisture and lasting hold, snap this up!

What does it do?

The extra-moisturizing formula surrounds your curls with a non-sticky, protective curl cast that sends frizz packing and defines your curl shape. The unique formula, made with chamomile, lemongrass, and orange peel extract, keeps curls smooth and soft for the long haul.

How do I use it?

Rub gel between palms. Tilt head forward then scrunch gel all over very wet curls in an upward motion. Use the DevaTowel to soak up excess water and speed up air-drying time. Now hands off! Once curls are completely dry, shake at the root and gently scrunch upward again to soften the firm cast. You'll get touchable, crunch-free curls that look and feel moisturized.

Lena W.
Santa Monica, CA
Devacurl Arc Angel styler is my absolute favourite curly hair product! I have 2c/3a hair that is so extremely thick and frizzy it can be hard to handle. But even using just this product alone my curls become soft and defined. I put around a quarter of product in the palm of my hand and scrunch it through each half of my hair and voila! I find air drying gives me better results than a diffuser with this product in particular. My bottle is finishing up and I will definitely be stocking up!
First pic w/ product //// Second pic without
Melissa M.
Lexington , KY
I wanted so badly to like this gel. I love Deva Curl and they they put out excellent products, but this gel, being maximum holds, just isn’t doing it for me. There was very little crunch as they claim, but my curls had fallen by the end of the day and were nearly non existent the next morning. I can usually get 7+ days out of a wash with excellent curls and more definition toward the end of the week, but not with this. My 3a curls were barely 2b waves. I do not think this is a bad product, however, just not a defining or holding gel. I like that it didn’t dry my hair out, at all. I don’t plan to give up on this product just yet, I just want to figure out a different way to use it.
Renee V.
West Fargo
My stylist thought I should try this instead of the ultra defining gel the last time that I had a DevaCut. It was amazing! My bouncy curls lasted throughout a party at the lake and were even still there all through the next day (which Never happens for me)! I will be ordering this when I need to have my curls stay for a day or two!  It was a little crunchy to begin with but soon turned into soft curls.
Sirena N.
When I first used this, I instantly fell in love with it. It has a refreshing orange/citrus scent and doesn't leave any crunch in your hair. However, I have curly hair that reaches to my waist and just had to use too much of this product to get enough hold. If you have shorter curls that don't need a lot of product, you would probably really love this! I have heard wonderful things about the Ultra defining gel, so I may try that instead!
Bethany G.
Irvington, KY
Let me start this by saying that I have never been one to use gels. I hate how they make my hair crunchy and sticky and just gross feeling. I decided to try this and it is honestly a staple in my hair routine! It gives my hair the hold it needs without the crunch. It smells like oranges or tangerines.
Jasmine P.
This is my holy grail hair styling product. It completely exceeds my expectations and is unlike any gel I’ve previously tried. I use it with the styling cream to form a gel cast, and once my hair is completely dry I crunch the curls to reveal soft, frizz-free and super defined hair.
Parysa G.
Austin, TX
Pair this product with the DevaCurl B'Leave-In, Miracle Curl Plumper and your curly hair will be curling like no other! I’ve used so many deva curl products but these two are my go too. Use both these products when your hair is SUPER wet and scrunch it in.
Kimberly g.
This is the BEST product for my curly hair. By applying it to very wet/soaked hair and letting it air dry my curls were perfect with absolutely you no frizz or crunch. When you first apply the gel it can feel weird, I’ve been using cream products for years, and when it first starts to dry it seems like it’ll be crunchy but once it’s completely dry it’s soft and perfect! Even after being outside in extreme humidity there’s very little frizz, almost none. 100% worth the price!
Natalee R.
Brooklyn, NY
Definitely love this gel. It’s extremely light on my hair and keeps a nice hold. So far it’s been lasting me all day. It also has an awesome scent. A citrus scent. It almost smells my orange. I would definitely buy this again
Ashlee A.
Phoenix, AZ
This gel has a thicker texture than the DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel with a lighter hold. Just like the Ultra Defining Gel, I love that this gel has a lot of protein and is silicone-free. I do feel that I need more product when using the Arc Angel Gel since it has a lighter hold, but it fights frizz fairly well for me (possibly owing to the thicker consistency).
Amanda E.
Is there any way to revive this the next day without starting all over again? When I wake up my hair is one big frizz ball!
Rachael G.
Casper, WY
This this product help create curls for those who are not blessed with natural curls?
Aeryl C.
Hodgenville, KY
I want to try this but I'm afraid of crunchy curls.
Marissa K.
Buffalo, NY
How would you recommend using this product? I've tried it before and it hasn't done the trick for me. I've put it in while my hair is soaking wet but it did not define my curls. I'm not sure if I used too much or need another product with it or it just doesn't work with my hair
Jamie L.
I am interested in trying Deva Curl products. Does this make your hair crunchy or stiff?

back