Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo

by Maui Moisture

Hair looking dull and weighed down? Curls aren’t coiling like they should? Let them shine again with the help of our Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo. Blended with exotic volcanic ash, citrusy bergamot oil, and zesty ginger extract, this clarifying shampoo will help refresh hair for a shiny, healthy glow. Uncover fresh, uncongested strands with Maui Moisture Detoxifying Volcanic Ash collection.

How is this product ?b
Is this a good shampoo? I’ve been using the charcoal one by ogx but I’m always down to try a new detox one! Does it do a good job at removing that nasty buildup after a couple days of not washing your hair?
Start your review of Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo!
Annie C.
Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo uploaded by Annie C.
big fan!! if you live in an area that has hard water, consider using a detoxifying shampoo once a week to get rid of those hard minerals and build up in your hair!! it definitely helps reestablish the volume in my wavy hair!
Alison T.
Mcminnville, TN
Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo uploaded by Alison T.
Purchased at: Target
I truly do feel that the claims of cleansing dull and congested hair are true. I have pretty greasy hair that I only wash every other day because I’m trying to eventually train my hair. This shampoo works wonderful and truly makes a world of difference. It’s like a clarifying shampoo but doesn’t quite strip your hair, it still leaves your hair clean without making you feel like you don’t have any moisture left. Finding it was a little hard for me but I would gladly make a drive to get it again if I’m needing a deeper clean.
jennifer T.
Booneville, MS
Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo uploaded by jennifer T.
Love this product. THE SMELL TO START IS AMAZING...THE LATHER IS GREAT. IT WASHES OUT CLEAN. AND IT MAKES MY HAIR VIBRANT AND CLEAN. IT GOES GREAT WITH THE CONITIONER. AT FIRST I WAS SPECTICAL BUT I AM GLAD I DECIDED YO BUY IT. I WOULD BY IT AGAIN AND RECOMMEND IT TO ANYO E LOOKING FIR A NEW SHAMPOO.
Shelby J.
Westerville, OH
I got this for sale at Ulta after my partner asked me to get him some new scalp health shampoo to try and he made a joke about wanting to try something with volcanic ash. Well I looked it up for shits and giggles and it was a thing! I showed him that I actually found something with volcanic ash in it and he snapped his head back at me and yelled, “WUUUUT. Buy it!” So of course I did. I’ve used a few styling products from this company before and I really liked the quality and the ingredients in them. But really most of all I like the price because it’s so affordable. They also usually go on sale which is always a plus. They are usually also not excluded from coupons of any kind. It smells absolutely amazing. It’s got kind of a warm scent. I usually don’t go for warm scents but this makes me keep wanting to smell it. I don’t feel like the smell of it is overpowering or anything but it also does not last throughout the whole day. Lately it’s been hot out where I live in Ohio so my scalp has been more sweaty than normal. So to combat the extra oil I’ve been trying to wash it more frequently. Because of that my ends are starting to get dry even though I am using this and it is supposed to be moisturizing but also cleansing. I use detanglers, oils and split and menders every day after I wash my hair but it doesn’t really seem like it’s doing too much for me ever since I started using this shampoo and conditioner combo. I really like the shampoo in this line but I’m not so sure that the conditioner is up to par with what my lightened hair needs in the summertime with having to wash it more frequently. I feel like I will keep this stuff around for a while and probably even restock it because I love the smell of it so much and because Ross seems to like it too. I may end up having to alternate or replace a conditioner for myself with a guaranteed moisturizing conditioner. I just haven’t figured that out at this point and I want to give it a fair shot. I will keep this updated but if I do forget and you do you want extra info please just comment below and I will update you and my post.
abbie C.
Purchased at: ULTA
I have loved Maui Moisture products ever since 2 years ago. From the start I had no issues, as I had made the switch to a more natural shampoo. My hair used to be thick, and curly. Recently, I had bought this shampoo and within 2 days of using it my hair was coming out in clumps. Literally clogging the shower drain and having me worried more will fall out. I don’t know if they’ve changed their formula or I’ve become sensitive to an ingredient in the shampoo, but I’ve never had a shampoo do this to my hair. Not only that, but my hair was getting oily faster. Within a day, I would have to rewash my hair. Normally I wash my hair every 3 days, not everyday. I wish I could love this shampoo, but by far it hasn’t lived up to my expectations.
Mary H.
Madison, AL
Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo uploaded by Mary H.
Purchased at: Walmart
This product claims that it is detoxifying dull and congested hair and that it will purify and illuminate your hair. And I have to say I was skeptical at first but then I tried it, and I fell in love. It smells amazing and makes your hair feel so soft and gives it a nice shine!
ava S.
Raleigh, NC
Detoxifying + Volcanic Ash Shampoo uploaded by ava S.
Great affordable shampoo with good ingredients. I also think the bottle is pretty. It’s good for clarifying if you have oily hair. It lathers nicely. I got it at Walmart and I will repurchase
Sarah S.
Weaverville, NC
Product was extremely hard to squeeze from the bottle, this smelled great and I liked how cleansing the shampoo is. It was a bit drying so I don’t use all the time only when I want a good refresh from all my normal hair products.
Krissie B.
Crossett, AR
I love this product so much because it makes my hair feel so smooth and I love the fact that it keeps my hair moisturized and feeling good all the time
Gracie B.
Gordonsville, VA
Do not use this product! I bought this because it was supposed to help with buildup. I used it for a little over a month and my hair actually started falling out in large clumps. I don't heat style, I don't even blow dry so I can only imagine how bad it would have been if I did. After some research, I discovered this shampoo contains Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate. This is a strong cleanser, which while great for buildup, can cause your hair to fall out. It's the same ingredient that is contained in Monat shampoo which has been in lawsuits involving women losing their hair. Seriously, stay away from this one. It's been almost two months since I stopped using it and I'm just now getting my hair back to healthy by using a shampoo and conditioner made to restore hair with biotin and a repair leave-in conditioner. It's still a mess, but thankfully I stopped using the Maui Moisture shampoo before I lost anymore hair or I would be bald.