Destiny Bundle for Sony PS4 - Glacier White uploaded by Cassandra S.

BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #34 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The ultimate Destiny(tm) experience is only on PlayStation(r). With the Destiny(tm) PlayStation(r)4 Bundle, always lead the charge with exclusive multiplayer maps, strike missions, and the expanded arsenal needed to truly become legend. In Destiny, you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth. Join with friends to form a Fire Team and explore the ancient ruins of the solar system - from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Face off against Earth's enemies in cooperative Strike Missions and challenge other Guardians in competitive arenas. Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with a nearly limitless combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Greatness Awaits(tm) Contains: PlayStation(r)4 System (Glacier White) DualShock(r)4 Wireless Controller (Glacier White) Destiny(tm) PlayStation(r)4 Bundle Edition 30-Day PlayStation(r)Plus Trial 30-Day Music Unlimited $10 PlayStation Store Voucher HDMI Cable Power Cable Wired Mono Headset USB Charging Cable see more...

• I would like to do a review can you send me ?? The PlayStation ...1 Answers
  • I been looking for a console that would be great camo color and c...3 Answers
  • I have been wondering about this console and I don't know if I sh...2 Answers
Sarah F.
Lakeside
I don't regret my purchase at all - just wanted to document my opinion of some pluses and minuses...

and they work fine.Grip-iT Analog Stick CoversSeveral people have been having trouble with the coating on the thumbsticks (joysticks...whatever) on their PS4 controllers disintegrating with regular use, and others have had no such issues. I don't think it's mishandling, it might be an interaction with the oils & sweat from some people's hands and that particular formulation of material. I have a not too old Logitech mouse with a rubberized coating that's doing the same "shedding" thing. Anyway, if you have a new PS4 controller, it might be worthwhile to buy one of the many brands of protective "caps" out there - this is what I bought:

Worth mentioning:

I knew about the non backward compatibility, the lack of RCA outs and the smallish hard drive -what I didn't know was that for "Destiny," a "sufficiently robust WI-FI connection may be required". Yep, even if you just play the campaign, you have to be online because apparently even the campaign has multiplayer elements. I can appreciate that they have a grand plans for this game, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend for other titles. I have a decent WI-FI setup, but not the best. Every PS4 title I had purchased loaded without incident, but I struggled with the online requirements of "Destiny," and that was frustrating. When I finally got the update downloaded, I was able to play for about 45 minutes without a glitch, and yes, it is no doubt an awesome game. I just don't like the idea that every time I fire up "Destiny" I'll also have to power up my network and hope that it's "sufficiently robust" that day. :)

The hard drive is only 500Gb - that might seem big, it's really not, considering that some games now require a minimum of 50Gb, and it'll probably go up. Yes, you can buy a DIY drive upgrade, but not everybody wants to dive into their PS4's guts. I wish Sony would have tiered the product - i.e., made it also available with a 1Tb drive - I think a lot of people would have paid the extra cost if it were an option.

Unlike its predecessors, the PS4 doesn't have a dedicated RCA audio output - if you are just using your TV's onboard speakers, then sure, HDMI is a one connector solution, but if you want to route the PS4 audio to a separate sound system, that system needs to have an HDMI or optical input. I've got an Onkyo amp that isn't ancient and has hosted my PS3 for several years - but all it has are RCA ins, so I can't use it with my PS4. Sure, RCA is old technology, but Sony STILL puts cassette players in most of their boom boxes, for cripes sake! How much would it have cost them to include RCA outs like they've always done?

The PS4 will not play PS3 games, and let's face it, there's still a lot of play left in PS3 titles.

I did some research before buying, so I knew some things this system would be missing, but in case you don't know:

Most important of all of course, currently available PS4 games look good and play very smoothly and are great fun - really looking forward as the PS4 exclusive titles pick up momentum in the next few months!

System utilities are improved - you can charge the controller without the console needing to be fully powered up, you can download updates in the background, etc. You can change the brightness of the lightbar on the controller, and you can adjust the controller speaker's volume. One weird thing is that to turn off your controller (which I did a lot while playing Blu Ray movies on my PS3), you have to drill down a couple menu steps - on the PS3, this operation is a lot quicker.

The operating system is (for the most part) cleaned up and pretty easy to navigate (much improved over PS3).

In my opinion, all of the improvements to the Dualshock 4 controller are welcome, including the slightly bigger and rounder handgrips and improved trigger (shoulder) buttons. The new touch pad is also a big "button" itself, and has some interesting possibilities.

Small, sleek footprint - no power "brick" (I am no Xbox One basher, but it is pretty funny to watch those YouTube comparisons). The build quality seems good, it runs fairly quiet, and Glacier White is a nice change of pace.

I own every Playstation from the original on up, so I knew it would be a great console, and it is:

Some of my "peeves" have to do with "Destiny" (see below), but as I bought the Destiny Bundle, I think it's still fair to include it in my overall score.

Denise G.
Amazing bundle . We purchased the game bundle at Walmart and it the best console by far. We have not had any issues with the system . I love the destiny decal since im a gamer who plays destiny daily . Its unique them other consoles. I would recommend
Cassandra S.
Appleton
My first PS4 system and I absolutely love it! The fact that is white is just beautiful and a flashback to the playstion 1 small white system. The Destiny game and playstion membership card made this bundle my fav.
Brittany B.
JENNINGS, FL
Gamer Expert Level 1
I absolutely love the PlayStation 4 ❤ I didn't even know what destiny was when I bought the system and I instantly got hooked on the game its a really good game ¡
Roxanne R.
Los fresnos, TX
I am so glad I got this when I did. My boyfriend has the boring black one and I have this beautiful gem. The bundle was worth it back then, especially since I'm a Destiny fan. Too bad this isn't available anymore.
Brittney L.
Dallas, TX
Please purchase the later generation of the PS4. Do not buy it used. It is a great console but the 1st generation has issues with the sensor to eject a disk. I purchased this product when it came out and unfortunately can no longer use it. Whether there is a disk in there or not, the eject button constantly blinks and beeps and my PS4 whirs trying to eject a disk. I've tried all sorts of fixes and unfortunately have not been able to find a long term fix for the problem. I eventually just bought the 2nd generation PS4 that has the actual button because I love playing my games on PS4. They changed the buttons on it for a reason.
Noah B.
Montgomery, AL
Gamer Expert Level 1
This bundle is awesome and is a great bang for your buck! It comes with Destiny and several hours of additional gameplay. The ps4 is white with a golden seal that really looks majestic!
Katlyn B.
Pittsburgh, PA
Gamer Expert Level 3
The best Christmas gift I've ever gotten! I use it so much and the white Pops on my black tv stand. The game is good and the extra controller is useful for multiplayer games
Ayanna C.
Hutchinson, KS
I originally had purchased an xbox one but was looking to switch to ps4 because destiny is my favorite game. So once i saw the destiny ps4 i was immediately sold. The console looks great, the silver and gold contrasts the white perfectly, it comes with the digital collectors edition which is great, and it actually has a physical copy of the legendary edition of destiny. I have over 1000 hours into the game and i still haven't done everything. highly recommend.
Seyoung C.
Minneapolis, MN
I have always been a fan of the XBox, but when the new generation of consoles came out I decided to try out the ps4 and with this destiny bundle it has been well worth it in my opinion. Not only is the console very aesthetically pleasing, it's also much better looking than the regular ps4's that I have seen. The included game is very fun and I spent a lot of time playing it so far. I highly recommend picking this console up if you're in the market for a new console.
david v.
Baltimore, MD
I been looking for a console that would be great camo color and could only find this one. I play in Alaska outside in the snow and this helps a lot. Now I'm hidden with the white console and controller. Secret ops engaged! But where would I find a matching tv to help conceal me more?
Josh B.
Colorado Springs, CO
I have been wondering about this console and I don't know if I should get it or a psvita and which one is better with little big planet?
lee w.
Hayward, CA
Where can we fin this now that supposedly it's sold out in stores?
I would like to do a review can you send me ?? The PlayStation 4 I think very good I would like you to send me to do a test because there are several cool games and a lot of fun and I love Sony a great brand send me