BY DESSANGE PARIS

In 1954, Jacques Dessange opened his first salon in Paris  on the prestigious Champs-Elysées.  A few years later, he became the official hairdresser of the Cannes Film Festival.  He also created the legendary professional techniques such as the “California Blonde” and the “Coiffé Décoiffé“. Today, the legendary French hairdressing house DESSANGE Paris brings its salon techniques to your home.

Purifying Clay Shampoo
Formula enriched with natural green clay purifies hair at the root and nourishes ends for smooth, balanced hair.

• Does this shampoo really help with oily roots? I used to be able ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this? I have long thick color treated hair. 2 Answers
  • Does this shampoo help control oily hair? My son has problems wi...1 Answers
Vivian C.
I received the Dessange Paris Purifying Clay Balancing Shampoo from Target's Beauty Box a few months ago and after a few months of trying it, I loved it!! The price sells for $9.99 at Target (be sure to use your target red card for extra 5% off and other potential beauty coupons Target has).
Usually, I wash my hair ever other day, if I miss a day it's noticeable that my hair is super oily. After using Dessange Paris for about a month, I started to notice my hair wasn't so oily if I missed a few days. Now, if I wanted, I could wash my hair about 2 times a week rather than the normal 3-4 times. I've tried so many different shampoos in the past from Head and Shoulders, Pantene, Nioxin, and Nexxus to name a few and so far Dessange Paris has done the job for my oily roots. I definitely recommend this brand for users to try if they have oily hair. Try using it a few times, not just once if you want to see possible results. I'll be buying more soon once it runs out.
**I didn't use the pre-shampoo mask and it seems to work just fine.
Karla H.
San Antonio , TX
I cannot stop raving about this balancing shampoo. I first bought this in a target beauty box and have repurchased. The smell is great but even more is how clean it leaves my hair after a few days of not washing it. My hair gets greasy and a little of this before my regular shampoo leaves it looking super clean. I don't feel buildup in my hair and I find that my hair ends up soft and very manageable. I don't feel like it straps my hair at all. This is one of the few products I actually tell coworkers and friends about.
Cassie C.
I received the full size Dessange Paris Purifying Clay Balancing Shampoo in a Target beauty box a few months ago. According to the bottle, it is for those with oily roots and dry ends which is exactly what I have. It claims to cleanse your roots while moisturizing your ends. I really liked this shampoo as it did make my oily roots feel clean without making my hair feel stripped of its natural oils. I would love to try this shampoo again with the hair mask or conditioner from the same brand.
Nevs V.
This is my saving grace. Honestly. I had such a problem with my hair, it was so oily and flat. I washed it every day and of course it would be dry at the ends yet somehow still oily at the roots. It was so infuriating. But this shampoo fixed it. I use it with the green clay and my God, did it make my hair better. It controls my oily scalp and makes my hair softer and healthier. Plus now with the clay and this shampoo I only was my hair 2 times a week. Yet my hair feels cleaner, fluffier, softer and looks nice even after 3 days. Highly recommended.
Emily I.
Claymont, DE
I really like this purifying clay balancing shampoo because my hair tends to get oily. I love how healthy and bouncy my hair looks after using this shampoo and after using various hair products this really helps restore my hair's natural balance!
Jennifer S.
I purchased Target's July beauty box which has this shampoo in it. I'm really surprised that it was full size (8.5oz which retails for $10) because normally hair products in their beauty boxes are just samples. So that was a nice surprise. It says to use this shampoo with the clay purifying mask that's supposed to go along with it, but I didn't have that so I just used the shampoo on its own. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed because this seems like a good quality brand, but I didn't get great results. This left little flakes of residue in my hair and I can't stand when shampoos don't fully clean properly. I've had that happen with really cheap shampoos but lately I've used brands like John Frieda, Davines, and the Suave gold line and I don't have residue with those. I also don't notice a difference in the way my hair feels or looks with this, it's just normal. I might mix this with another shampoo just so I don't let a full bottle go to waste, but I wasn't wowed by this unfortunately.
April B.
West Monroe, LA
I was so looking forward to trying this shampoo which I got in my Target beauty box. I like the look of the bottle and the smell of the shampoo however I didn't notice a difference in how oily my hair was. Maybe it's because I didn't have the purifying clay to use beforehand? It does make my hair look super healthy but it also makes it very fine which also means flat and I like texture and volume in my hair. Probably would be good for someone with thicker hair that needs to be tamed.
Stacy S.
I received this product in a target box. This product smells good and I love how the shampoo is mint green colored. I definitely love how there is natural green clay in this. I recommend this product and I will repurchase this again!
Carla D.
Revere, MA
Received this as part of the Target Beauty Box. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a full-sized bottle that is normally $9.99. I have hair that is normally oily at the roots and slightly dry at the ends, so it it hard to find a shampoo that doesn't add more grease to the mix. I loved this shampoo and am so happy I tried it. Since I started using it daily (no conditioner) my hair has not been greasy. The ends also seems healthier and isn't dry at the ends. It has lasted me 2 months and I was kind of upset to find it it sold out at Target online and in stores. I hope they are not discontinuing the product because I definitely recommend it to anyone who has oily hair. my hair has never looked this good and I will only use this product from now on!
Stevi L.
McDonough, GA
I received this shampoo in a Target beauty box. I had never used this brand before, but I'm definitely a fan now. This shampoo makes my hair feel nice and clean without making it feel dry. It doesn't have a strong scent either. I will giving more items from this brand a try.
Tracy K.
Has anyone tried this? I have long thick color treated hair.
Janet C.
Is it safe on color treated hair?
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I saw this product in Target the other day and was very interested in it. I get very oily hair pretty much a day after washing it, and dry shampoo isn't cutting it. so if anyone has tried this let me know if you like it or not!
Stacy C.
Hilmar, CA
I have been fortunate enough to try the blonde products by Dessange in the past and really liked them I would curious about this formula though. Does it give full body and shine?
Cheryl W.
Does this shampoo really help with oily roots? I used to be able to go 2-3 without washing and now I'm having to wash everyday.