BY DESSANGE

DESSANGE Paris introduces the California Blonde collection, a nourishing hair care system designed to moisturize and protect color treated blonde hair. Blonde is a fragile shade that can lose its luster, fade, and weaken with time, so it is important to protect your shade as soon as you color. The special formula, enriched with passion flower extract, delivers infallible shine and luminosity for a radiant blonde color.

This ultra-nourishing conditioner wraps hair with moisture from root to tip, smoothing and taming dry, unruly strands.

• Does this work as good as a purple shampoo? Does it brigh...5 Answers
Diana M.
Evansville, IN
This product was something that my best friend recommended after a bleached my hair and wanted to find something I could get at target. I love this conditioner way more than other conditioners that have been recommended to me by a hairstylist.
Brandy D.
Special haircare for illuminating blond! I got this from someone who got a box and don’t want theirs because they had brown hair! SCORE! It’s a very lovely scented shampoo and conditioner. Cleans and conditions hair perfectly. Brings out my beautiful blond highlights. Very good haircare line!
Samantha W.
Mesa, AZ
I have fairly damaged hair. It's been professionally bleached blonde and like others with bleached hair, it's rather fragile and doesn't hold color all that well. I tried the Dessange California Blonde Illuminating Conditioner and the first use I really liked it. However, after about a week of use, I found my hair breaking and dry.
In reading over the ingredients, I was disappointed to see that there were so many silicones and artificial chemicals in the product. I saw that with a brand like this and it's focus on colored blonde hair, there was so much opportunity missed to add more nourishing ingredients.
After use, I felt like this conditioner just wasn't strong enough for my very dry/damaged hair. The passion flower was among the bottom of the list of ingredients and didn't pack much of an impact. It wasn't very heavy and certainly didn't weigh my hair down, which was a plus. It also provided a good amount of shine.
The conditioner itself was a good, thick consistency that covered well. The scent was a slightly musky, floral one that was a bit heady during use but dried well. It did seem on the feminine side.
Overall, I think this is moderate conditioner. It was better than the usual drugstore kind but not quite as good as salon brands. It would best be utilized for mildly to moderately to dry hair, but not damaged or very dry.
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. However, the opinions above are solely my own.
Lissett H.
Hialeah, FL
I received this through influster an I would definitely recommend to any one with blonde hair it's the most amazing thing ever leaves your hair soft smelling amazing and looking great I was totally satisfied
Buffy P.
New Orleans, LA
I was so excited to receive my Dessange Paris California Blonde Illuminating Conditioner free from Influenster as part of a testing program. The bottles were pretty and a classy gold color. The shampoo and conditioner have different shaped bottles, which is nice when feeling for the bottles with your eyes shut tight! The bottles are 8.5 ounces, which is smaller than typical bottles of shampoo and conditioner usually purchased. The conditioner had a wonderfully fantastic smell! It was not overwhelming, but it was very pleasant. The conditioner is creamy and smooth. I was able to use about the same amount as other brands, or maybe even slightly less, to be effective. The conditioner left my hair feeling clean, smooth and shiny. After using, my hair was easy to style and does not feel greasy. I just got my hair colored and the shampoo and conditioner combo seemed to make my blonde shine a little more. I am more than pleased with the effectiveness and pleasantness of this conditioner. I will be purchasing more in the future.
Tiffany V.
N Chesterfld, VA
*I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.* I immediately fell in love with the long-lasting floral scent of this product (enriched with passion flower extract); it evoked a happy, romantic feeling for me (very Parisian…Ooh la la! ;) )…I found that the scent lingered in my hair, even late into the next day, which was amazing (it was almost like a perfume). The conditioner rinsed out well, left my hair soft & moisturized and did feel quite luxurious (it’s like a salon experience at home!). The California Blonde Collection line of products is extremely high-quality and delivered salon-quality results, in my opinion. Needless to say, I was VERY pleased with the results. My hair was EXTREMELY soft and silky after using them (it's usually a bit dry from frequent blow-drying & straightening), and my blonde was really shiny! :) It definitely revived my dulling blonde hair back to a sparkling radiance.
JaCinda C.
Mesa, AZ
I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, and boy I am impressed. I'm using the shampoo, conditioner and color corrector for blondes and can tell a difference every time I use them. They are a bit more expensive than the normal products I purchase, but high quality and a little goes a long way. The conditioner is the most fragrant of the three, with a very strong passion flower scent that lasts the entire day. I like it! It does condition my hair well, leaving it softer,smoothr and shinier. It is exactly what my brittle, frizzy old lady hair needs right now. I plan on purchasing this again when this set runs out. Good stuff!
Nancy H.
SAN DIEGO, CA
This worked great with the shampoo . I noticed I had to use more than usual with other conditioner. I did like how it make my hair less knotted after towel drying my hair. It makes it smooth and tangle free! I really liked that part the most. I wash my hair every other day, but with this product and shampoo I can get away with an extra day not washing. I makes my hair soft and smooth longer and the smell last all three days! Like I just washed it! I wish the bottle would be bigger ( have not seen any bigger ones yet in stores) seems like I'll run out of this before the shampoo. Great product would defiantly buy this product!
Luna G.
Portland, OR
The California Blonde Illuminating Conditioner is awesooooomeeee. It smells just like the shampoo. A pretty floral that smells exotic and yummy. This stuff is super great on my poor damaged hair. It leaves it soft and shiny and smooth. My hair naturally is wavy with some random curls. With the damage my hair isn’t so wavy anymore, it’s just frizzy and dry and ew. This for whatever reason makes my hair more wavy/curly. It’s pretty awesome. This makes my hair so much more manageable and I haven’t had to use any argan oil or other serums with it. Score!
Ashley S.
This conditioner was pretty average for me. I’ve gotten used to using deep conditioners and a regular conditioner just can’t stand up to that. I will say that it made my hair shiny and smooth. Unfortunately, it has alcohol in the top ingredients, so you should avoid this conditioner if you already have dry hair. Again, I used quite a lot of product for just my ends and lengths. You also get less conditioner than shampoo for the same price ($9.99); the shampoo comes with 8.5 oz while you only get 6.7oz of conditioner.
ESMINA H.
Caledonia, MI
Does this work as good as a purple shampoo? Does it brighten your blonde?