Add a Photo

By DESSANGE
#43 in Conditioning Treatments

DESSANGE Paris introduces the California Blonde collection, a nourishing hair care system designed to moisturize and protect color treated blonde hair. Blonde is a fragile shade that can lose its luster, fade, and weaken with time, so it is important to protect your shade as soon as you color. The special formula, enriched with passion flower extract, delivers infallible shine and luminosity for a radiant blonde color.

A weekly in-shower treatment formulated with Linseed oil and blue pigments to neutralize brassiness and nourish the hair.

Photos (13)
Natalie Y.
Natalie Y.
Fresno

It takes an amazing product to get me to write a review, and this, my friends, IS one. I do a lot to my hair. Always have. I have been coloring my own hair for about 20 years now. I've been every color and style you could possibly imagine, but I'm the happiest and most confident as a blonde. My biggest problem with being blonde is having to continually process or tone my hair to keep it looking vibrant and unbrassy. I'd get frustrated and end up dying it dark, just to start the lightening process all over again. This is damaging, ladies! We know this.
But then.... oh what a wonderful day it was when my friend handed me this little tube of awesomeness. It works better than some toners I used, it's super easy to apply, and there is no nasty smell. I use it about once every two weeks, and I'm telling ya, it looks like I touch up my color every time I use it. It gives me that "fresh from the salon" look without the time or money a trip to the salon would require. I shampoo, rub this stuff in, do all my other shower stuff (you know, shave my legs, exfoliate my footsies, etc) then rinse it out and wa-lah. It looks great. My hair feels softer, conditioned and healthier than before. If you haven't tried this stuff yet, go get your hands on it. Best $11.99 I've ever spent. :)
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Solvang, CA

I grayed prematurely and have had naturally white hair, about 95%, since in my 40s (and I just turned 60). I didn't mind the color so much, but the texture was very dull and wiry and was very aging. I found I could brighten it up by using a platinum blonde color, but then came brassiness. I tried changing colors; I tried using toners; but everything I did just screamed, "She colored her hair at home!" So I went to YouTube seeking instructional videos on correcting blonde hair, and heard about Dessange Paris California Blonde Brass Color Correcting Creme. The video author swore by it, so off I went shopping. I was happy to find it on the shelf at my local Target. I hesitated at first, because it is a little pricier than the "purple stuff" I'd used before, but decided to give it a go. After the first application, I knew I was on to something great. Folks, this is NOT your grandma's purple shampoo!

The Dessange CC Creme removed all traces of yellow and brassiness on my first application and left my hair soft and platinum, as if I had walked right out of the salon. It actually reminds me of my little niece's baby-blonde hair, and that's about as good as you can get!
Laura S.
Laura S.
Florida

I am a platinum blonde. Fine med- length. In the last 10 years I've used everything under the sun to bleach my hair, deposit color and get rid of the banana yellow result from bleaching and then anything possible to keep the brassiness from coming out. I have used Sally, jhirmack, Joico products for keeping brassiness away, then I utilize matrix and that dried my hair to a crisp; then I came across Dessange CC and nothing came as close as this great product.the last 4 months it's been Dessange. I bleach with BlondeMe collection and immediately after bleaching I proceed to tone the banana yellow with Dessange. Beware not to leave on more than 8 minutes or so or you will end up with purple streaks. Follow with a deep masque for moisture. Try not to infuse Keratin products with Dessange CC or the hair tends to be a bit hard as both the keratin and the blue pigment fill in the hair shaft. Another excellent product to use w Dessange CC is Kanechom Goat Milk mask conditioner. It will do wonders for your bleached hair. Dessange is a definite routine for platinum and Gold blondes to keep ugly brassiness
Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.
Deerfield Beach

I just bought this on a wim at Target. I normally use toner, purple shampoo, and purple conditioner in rotation to keep my blonde hair bright and crisp. Unfortunatley, being in the ocean a lot strips my hard work and in the end the rotation dries my hair out. So I saw this cream and figured it couldn't hurt to try something new. I'm glad I did. This has dark pigmentation to really give your hair a boost and my hair was NOT dried out at all! I also love the packaging. It has a twist top that is easy to use even with wet hands and the tip is fine enough so that you dont accidentally squirt out too much product. I shampooed with a moisturizing shampoo, conditioned, then smoothed this all over my hair. I let it sit while I shaved and used a body scrub then rinsed with cool water. I'm left with a beautiful champagne blonde that's soft and bouncy. I highly recommend this if you're tired of drying out your hair!
Isha M.
Isha M.

I have VERY black hair that I've had dyed blonde and this product has been a godsend for me. My hair tends to go brassy fairly easily and this has really helped keep my hair ashy. I've used purple shampoos in the past and they've really dried out my hair but this helps keep it soft and makes it look healthy. I usually leave it in for about 10 minutes and it works really well to de-brass my hair. Would definitely buy again as it works great and is at a much lower price-point than a lot of comparable products I've used in the past
Carly H.
Carly H.
Muscle Shoals, AL

This is my all time favorite product for keeping my blonde hair brass free. I have tried so many purple shampoos and blonde color correcting products to keep the unwanted gold/yellow tones and brassiness out. After I shampoo I apply this all over my hair and leave it in for about 5 minutes before rinsing. Then follow up with conditioner. I see instant results after using this. My blonde is much brighter and all the brass and warm undertones are gone. Amazing product!!!
McKenzie L.
McKenzie L.
Los Angeles, CA

I love this stuff. I have naturally dark hair. I died my hair platinum blonde and after a wash or two it would be gross and brassy I grabbed this product one day at target and used it and it worked great! I didn't have to spend so much at the salon and could wait a little longer between colorings. It does make a bit of a mess when applying so I would recommend having a damp rag ready and waiting for the the splatter but the product works wonders!
Kate M.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY

Wow, this CC cream is so cool! I wasn't expecting it to be such a vibrant color. I used this to replace my conditioner and will probably continue this once a week! It smells great and leaves your hair feeling very soft. I have fine, thin hair and I don't feel like this weighed my hair down at all. Since I bleached my hair, it's been difficult to brush when wet, but I didn't experience this after using the Dessange CC Cream.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

I have color treated blonde hair. I've been using AG Sterling Silver shampoo and conditioner which is great for toning but not for conditioning. I heard about Dessange from YouTube. I immediately went to Target and bought it. It was on sale for $9.00. If you haven't tried this I would go buy it now. Not only does it tone it hydrates and softens your hair. My hair is so soft and smells amazing. I highly recommend.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Minneapolis, MN

If you are a blonde, this is a MUST! I use it every other week to take away from of the brassiness from my hair. It leaves my color looking fresh and rejuvenated, eliminating costly salon visits. One bottle lasts me a really long time making it a great deal. I get mine at Target where it is often on promotion with other Dessange products, making it an even better deal!
Leticia P.
Leticia P.
Chilhowie, VA

Ive been using the shampoo/conditioner and really like it so far but I've been a little reluctant to trying the brass correcting creme. In my teen years I used sheer blonde and it left me with old lady purple hair... Will this product do the same?
Brittney V.
Brittney V.

Wasn't quite sure how to use this. Can anyone help me?
Logan C.
Logan C.
Durham, NC

Has anyone tried this who doesn't need correction? I love my hair color. I have an amazing stylist so I'm scared to try it..
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Galloway, NJ

Do you think this will effect color-treated hair?
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

How long until you see results from this product?

Join Now