BY DESITIN #3 in Diaper Rash Treatments

DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Paste contains the maximum level of zinc oxide, immediately forming a protective barrier to help heal and soothe diaper rash discomfort. Our thick, rich, hypoallergenic, pediatrician-tested formula provides overnight relief for baby's tender skin. There's no stronger treatment available without a prescription.

Uses:

• Heal and soothe diaper rash discomfort
  • Helps seal out wetness and provide a barrier to protect skin from irritants
  • Creates an optimal environment that allows skin to heal

Benefits:

• Contains the maximum level of zinc oxide available without a prescription
  • Creates a rich, thick protective barrier
  • Helps reduce redness and irritation of sensitive skin
  • Provides moisturization and emolliency to the skin

Clinical Evidence:

Helps provide overnight relief of diaper rash. In a clinical study, 90% of babies with diaper rash had noticeable relief within 12 hours of the use of DESITIN®Maximum Strength Original PasteDESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Paste is so effective in sealing out wetness and irritants that in many cases, diaper rash starts to disappear in hours.

Allergies:

DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Paste is hypoallergenic and pediatrician tested.

• Would you recommend Destin brand over off brand?1 Answers
  • Does this work good? I’m a new mom and have a lot of this...2 Answers
  • Does this work as a daily cream for diaper change?5 Answers
DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Zinc Oxide Paste

Start your review of DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Zinc Oxide Paste!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "absolutely love this especially since my baby has sensitive skin and gets rashes very easy everywhere not just diaper rash and it takes them away that day." in 5 reviews
  • "I have tried almost every brand of diaper rash cream out there an this one is the best!" in 1 review
Kaila J.
Fort Myers
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This stuff was a god send when my daughter started teething. She would breakout in horrible diaper rashes that would keep us up for three days! Auquafor just wasn't cutting it anymore. We caked her little tush in it and within a few minutes she was able to stop screaming and fall asleep. ON top of that, a little goes a long way with this stuff. After our initial application (heavy handed at that), we barely had to use more than a dime sized amount and it cleared up the rash within 72 hours. This is a little more expensive but absolutely worth the benefits to you and your baby. Hands down would buy again if I had another kid.  DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Zinc Oxide Paste
Denise M.
Mission Hills
This was my go to cream for when my children were In diapers. The smell may be a little strong at first but you will get used to it. I used this cream once a rash broke out on my daughters bottoms, and within 2 says later, the rash was gone. I highly recommend this brand of diaper rash cream. I also use the blue one that works both pretty good. Although I recently started using aquaphor because Desitin would stain my daughters underwear, being that she is now potty trained as no using underwear. But definitely still have to give this item a 5 star.
Léa F.
Katy, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
You hear about soft as a baby's butt, but what about sensitive as a baby's butt? My son's first few weeks were marked with a case of diaper rash, but thankfully, I knew I could depend on DESITIN's Maximum Strength Original Zinc Oxide Paste. This is THE best barrier method to keep the rash at bay because, well, who wants to break a baby who only just fell asleep free of a pee diaper when you're sleeping in 30-minute increments? This is the brand my son's paediatrician recommends, and I now follow suit because it is reliable and effective.
Lexie M.
Greenville
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This diaper rash cream worked amazingly well for my child’s diaper rash when it was pretty severe. I had originally tried the regular (blue bottle desitin rapid relief) one but I only really used that one if it was a mild diaper rash that he had. If your child’s diaper rash is a bit more severe then I would definitely recommend using this maximum strength zinc version of this ointment (purple desitin bottle) I found that the purple bottle worked wonders and really kept my child’s diaper rash away. Happy baby = happy mom :)
Carla P.
Perris , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I’ve had to use this in a couple of situations since my kids do have sensitive skin and if I don’t change their diaper quick they tend to get a rash fast. It helps them heal fast and be comfortable and not in pain because of the rash. I would recommend it if you have a bad rash. And it’s not only for babies and kids mom and dad can use it too. My husband had a rash during summer and he didn’t know what to use so I told him to use the kids diaper rash cream and he said it worked like a charm lol
Nicole K.
Elmwood Park
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This diaper rash cream is hands down the best ! Anytime one of my daughters starts to get a diaper rash I put this on with each diaper change and it goes away usually within a couple days . This diaper rash cream leaves my daughters bums protected from any excess liquid . This cream keeps my daughters compfortable if they have a diaper rash which can be itchy and very uncomfortable . If you want a high quality product that actually works I highly recommend you buy this exact product !
Tiffaney M.
Adairsville, GA
I will never use this on either of my babies again. I will never buy this for a baby shower gift. If I could’ve given zero starts I would have. My oldest had a stomach virus and had a pretty serious rash because of it. After a bath one night I put this on her rash and she started screaming! I wiped it off immediately and she stopped. I looked at the ingredients and there is ALCOHOL in it. Have you ever put alcohol on an open wound? Yeah. It freaking hurts. I felt horrible when I realized why she was screaming.
Miranda B.
Grand Isle, VT
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I've tried other brands but always come back to this one and 2 others. I alternated between the 2 or 3 and found I got the best results clearing up my daughters rash by doing that and not only using the same product all the time but this was always one of my go tos when my daughter was younger. I still have a tube on hand incase she gets sick and ends up with a rash from diahreah. Other than that she doesn't get rashes anymore but this was a life saver when she was little.
Keri H.
Windsor , NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Hands down our go to for our little that has super sensitive skin. We battle many diaper rashes for multiple reasons or not reason at all it feels. A tube lasts forever and helps give us speedy healing times with our rashes no matter the stage they are in. Our dr even told us this is one step down from a prescription formula. We buy it for baby shower gifts and our own child. Price is about average and it can be found practically anywhere that sells diapering needs.
Alex K.
Fairfax
Never leave home without it! But really, I keep this in the diaper bag, a travel size in the zipper compartment just in case, and in the changing table at home. This stuff gets everywhere, which is annoying, but it doesn’t matter because it works! When my daughter has a diaper rash, be it from heat, new foods, or just because, this clears it up so fast and provides her with instant relief. I’ve been using it for two years and it hasn’t failed me yet.
DAsia W.
Gulfport, MS
Is Desitin better than Boudreaux's Butt Paste?
Kim S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Kimberly N.
Lansing, MI
How many times should this be applied a day?
Heidi S.
Vernal, UT
How much should I be using with each diaper change? I always feel like I am using too much.
Leea S.
Scranton, PA
I've always been used to a&ad ointment. But received this at my baby shower, which would you recommend?

Target