BY DESITIN #1 in Diaper Rash Treatments

#1 Choice of Pediatricians & Moms Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream Relief From First Use Helps Heal, Soothe, & Prevent Diaper Rash Desitin® Rapid Relief Cream forms a protective layer on your baby s skin to soothe and relieve rash discomfort, providing Relief From First Use .  This hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested creamy formula goes on smoothly and wipes off easily, making Desitin® Rapid Relief Cream your everyday partner in protecting and treating diaper rash. Questions? Call see more...

• I was just curious if anyone was aware that this can be used as a...1 Answers
  • First time mom here ( well in about two months ) and I bought lik...7 Answers
  • What nappy cream works best for your baby??9 Answers
Desitin Diaper Rash Cream
  • "After nannying for a very sensitive skinned girl, this was the only thing that her momma and I could find to help relieve her pain." in 3 reviews
Amber W.
Millcreek, UT
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This is a great option for a barrier or preventative measure. However, as a few others have mentioned I do think this is not an ideal option for an active rash. It does not cling well to a red, sensitive bottom even when freshly dried. I use this when slight irritation is present or when I am fearful of a rash becoming an issue like when trying new foods, teething, etc. I also use this to prevent rashes when baby will be in a diaper for a longer period of time (when they start sleeping through the night, for example) overall it is a staple in our home and has been through all 3 of my children.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Desitin is a brand that has been long trusted by mothers it for treating diaper rash. I have used several as I am a mother of 4 and although Desitin is not my favorite I do find that it is my favorite for preventing diaper rash and creating a barrier between the diaper and baby's bottom when transitioning Foods or an illness occurs which puts my child at risk for getting diaper rash. The only reason that I don't like it when my child has an active rash is because it seems to not stick to the raw spots on their bottom. My daughter was especially sensitive as she had allergies to almost everything it was too little to find out what these are these were. Her tiny bottom would get raw spots within one loose stool and Desitin would not stay on this wet. Even if I tried to clean and dry it before applying. It works well on a basic diaper rash or small irritation but not for big jobs.
Bethany L.
Lexington, SC
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
The brand I trust the most with my kids is Desitin Diaper Rash Cream. The smell is strong, but I assure you that it won't burn like most creams. I used this on my eldest, within a few hours a bad rash would be less irritated and within a day or two, completely healed. And as my own little secret ***LADIES: apply a little of this to razor burn in the bikini area and it is soothing and heals faster than any other razor burn cream on the market! As a perk, it's water proof for quite sometime. I would recommend this for parents and anyone struggling with bikini razor burn and irritation.
heather p.
INDIAN TRAIL, NC
I've used Desitin for all 3 of my kids! The transition from Breast milk to Formula is tough on a babys bottom! When I notice a rash, I cover it in Desitin and it's instant comfort for my baby, and there's immediate healing by the next diaper change! Diaper rashes will disappear by the end of the day!! The texture is wonderful too, its thicker so the diaper doesn't rub it off! A little goes a longgg way as well!! I swear by it!
Kaitlin B.
I only use this cream when it comes to my baby's bottom. It works fast and doesn't have a scent which is important to me. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I had one tube separate on me and it was just a mess. It stuck some places and then wouldn't stick on others. I'm not sure what happened or if it was just a random fluke but I purchased another tube and haven't had an issue. Its still my go to product.
Ashley H.
Oak Lawn, IL
This is my absolute favorite diaper cream for my kids. It is thick and creamy and stays out when you put it on. My only issue is it’s tough to get off hands once applying but I guess that is a good thing when i want a product to work correctly. Gets rid of dampness and redness quickly!
Karina F.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
It’s a good product, although I don’t like that it’s really though to remove after. I used it a couple times on my babies, but I don’t think it’s my first choice. Since everyone Have different opinions i guess you can all try for yourselves & let me know how it works out for you 😉
Anne C.
Los Gatos
I have a one month old baby girl who was beginning to get diaper rashes in the hospital. My mom and I have been faithfully applying Desitin since i brought her home and she has yet to get one rash. Once she was looking a bit red but it cleared up as soon as we reapplied.
Missann H.
Martinsville
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Destine so far the only product that actually works. It heals my sons rashes right away. We absolutely love destine. It’s affordable and a decent size container. It will last you a while. We purchase this everytime we run out. This is our go to diaper rash cream! ❤️
Hannah O.
South Point , OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My son had a diaper rash as a newborn and this helped clear it up within a few days. I also apply it to him if we are going out because it helps with the moisture getting to him. It can be pricey depending on where you buy it. I buy mine from the local Walmart.
Debbie G.
EDINBURG, TX
How long after you used the cream did the rash take to disappear?
Emma T.
Nicholasville, Ky
Does this dry out over time? I worry about it being in a tub.
Lizeth r.
Pascagoula, MS
I have been looking for a good rash cream. Would this cream also work on older children?
Caitlin K.
Battle Creek, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
What is your go to diaper rash cream/ointment?
Danny m.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
What nappy cream works best for your baby??