BY DESIGN ON A DIME

Design on a Dime (HGTV)
  • "the show has great ideas on where to find really inexpensive items for him to court also how to make different decor items." in 14 reviews
  • "This is a great show to watch, its very informative and i love that the designs they show are affordable and chic." in 9 reviews
Alison M.
I've always watched this with my mom growing up. gives you such great ideas for inexpensive
Yolanda S.
Waco
HGTV DESIGN ON A TIME WOW I LOVE HGTV. THIS SHOW SHOW YOU THAT YOU CAN USE THINGS IN YOUR OWN HOME REDO THEM OVER OR BUY SOMETHING FROM A YARD SALE AND FIX IT UP OR YOU CAN SPEND A SMALL AMOUNT OF MONEY AND FIX YOUR HOUSE AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A MILLIONS OF BUCK
Ashley A.
Deerfield, WI
I am ALL about livin on a budget and this show helps me do that. I want my house to reflect my personality and my personality says AWESOME! With all the elements I want in my home it can cost quite a bit. This shows help take ordinary things and make them work for the space you want to decorate. Just an example: Home Office Make-over; take cereal boxes cut off the flaps and top. Cut down the side of the box at an angle and around to the front. Wrap in fabric with modge podge and BOOM. You've got storage for magazines, mail etc. This is the Pinterest of home decor.
Wookie W.
TX
I loathe this show. I watched it several times expecting to be able to get some good ideas and - nothing. Everything they do is expensive and I can't even fathom being able to spend 10 grand on one room in one go. I've never even met people who could afford to do that, so I wonder who this show is even for...However, I have known MANY people and even I, myself, who have made rooms look better than rooms on that show for MUCH, MUCH less if you're not afraid of a little work.
Brandi F.
Clermont, FL
I may be a bit biased; as I love ANY home redesign, redecorate, re-whatever show. But Design on a Dime is unique in that it keeps all it's wonderful design ideas and DIY home decoration products at a reasonable cost. Decorating and redecorating is definitely a large hidden expense, and it's never a good idea to let your home become boring and routine. So this show inspires that frugal channel surfer who doesn't have $$$$+ to spend on throw cushions and wall shelves.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA
I love this show. I get all types of inspiration from their color schemes, decor choices and easy DIY ideas and projects. Watching this show gives you all types of decor ideas that you wouldn't normally think of by focusing on a set budget. This often means that they are choosing items that are more affordable by the every day person.
Natacia Z.
I watch the show when I can. Often I am very pleased with room results.
I do wish they give more ideas about how to get large pieces of furniture or expensive looking pieces for lot cheaper. THey really good at this, but they seem cut short to waster 10-15 minutes on the the homeowners reactions and opinions.
Wilma F.
I used to watch the show all the time when I had cable tv. Now that I don't, the site is bookmarked online in fav design blogs and I subscribe to the YouTube channel. In addition, a have several of he shows books at home for quick reference. For creativity, I could not do without this channel.
Lashaunda P.
Birmingham, AL
I watch Design On A Dime to see the finished product, which is usually great, but it's really not helpful to the average viewer. The hosts/designers are able to make awesome rooms for only $1000 because they hand-craft almost all of the furniture and a lot of the accessories.
Megan U.
Clemson, SC
I like this show, and it provides inspiration, but I think that their definition of a "dime" is very different from mine. I do recognize that I am very poor as a student, but I am going to be poor for a while and would still like a nice home.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA
For those of you that have seen the show, did you have any favorite DIY projects that could be easily duplicated?
Shelly B.
Ashley , PA
Anyone else religiously watch this show? along with all other hgtv shows it gives you many ideas for your home
Jennifer D.
Rockford , IL
Has anyone taken ideas from the show and done them around their home? I have so many great ideas but never know where to start!
Jennifer K.
Rochester Hls, MI
What was your favorite painting idea from the show?
Shelly B.