BY DESERT ESSENCE

• Leaves skin feeling clean and silky
  • Works gently as it cleans thoroughly
  • Helps improve skin clarity through regular use

The extract of Hawaii’s fragrant Awapuhi plant brings additional softening properties to this gentle, but effective cleanser already rich in soothing extract of Goldenseal and essential oil of Chamomile. Eco-Harvest® Tea Tree Oil leaves a clean that feels oil-free, and with regular use, helps improve your skin’s texture and radiance.

How to Use:

Moisten face with warm water and gently massage a small amount of cleanser in circular motions onto cheeks, chin, forehead and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Continue for approximately one minute, then rinse thoroughly with cool water. Follow this procedure twice daily. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. Contact a physician if symptoms persist.

Castille Soap (Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tall Oil, Potassium Hydroxide), Glycerin, Eco-harvest® Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract (Awapuhi), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Bladderwrack), Cymbopogon Martini Oil (Palmarosa), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil , Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Callitris Introtropica Wood Oil (Blue Cypress).

• What toner & moisturizer do use with it?1 Answers
  • I've used the desert essence tea tree oil, and I loved it...1 Answers
  • I have cystic acne, so far I've used the blemish stick fr...4 Answers
Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash—original
  • "I have acne prone skin and I wanted something to clean my face without the chemicals." in 1 review
  • "I've hear tea tree oil can make you break out worse at first.... so don't get discouraged..." in 1 review
  • "The scent definitely takes some getting used to, and if your skin is like mine (combination and acne prone), plan on some "purging" when you first start using this product." in 1 review
Rachel L.
Review for: 32 oz, 8 oz more...
I rediscovered this product while surfing here on Influenster and decided I would add in my $.02. I remember using this cleanser at least 8 or 9 years ago and although it smelled REALLY STRONG (think very strong herbal/tea tree scent) it was a fantastic soap.. It never left my skin feeling tight or dry whether it was on my face or body. It actually left my skin feeling so soft and smooth that I could look past the awfully strong herbal scent just to get those benefits. Well, somewhere along the line during that time Desert Essence began revamping their product label and definitely changed the formulation.. The only change that I could tell in the formulation was the addition of sodium hydroxide.. Well, after that reformulation I must say the soap went down hill and I stopped using this product after that.. Unlike the original formula, the new formula left my skin feeling very tight and dry - just never the same.. I would REALLY LOVE for Desert Essence to go back to the original formula that they had in 2008 and prior. It was absolutely wonderful and not drying at all.. As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, DESERT ESSENCE..
Christina T.
Kodak
When I was living in an area with very humid climate this face was was amazing. I've recently moved to the mountians and my skin is so dry I can no longer use it. But it was a great face wash for oily and combination skin. I still recommend it!
Amy A.
Hartselle , AL
Review for: 8 oz more...
I ordered this on Amazon after looking for a face wash that contained tea tree for my acne prone skin. First of all, I have to mention that the smell is pretty strong but I expected that from a tea tree product. It does go away after you wash it off your face so it doesn’t bother me that much. The product foams up very nicely and leaves your face feeling squeaky clean. It is a little drying, but I follow with a good moisturizer and I’m good to go. Can’t beat this, especially for the price.
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Review for: 8 oz more...
I was really nervous to try oil cleansing in fear that it would make me break out or I wouldn't feel clean after using it. But boy was I wrong!!! I love this stuff. I feel so fricken clean after I was my face with this. It lathers up well, has a nice tea tree type smell, and literally leaves my face feeling amazing. I did just start using it recently so I can't truly say if it will make me breakout, but so far so good!! Really happy with my first oil cleansing experience :)
Adrienne G.
Los Angeles, CA
This product has cleared up those awful bumps on my face pretty well. I’ve tried multiple washes & this works great for adult acne. It does dry my skin a little so I always do a serum afterwards & it helps prevent that
Marlene G.
Los Angeles, CA
Want to try a face wash that leaves your face squeaky clean and gets rid of all of the impurities on your skin?! desert essence thoroughly clean face wash is the answer. I don’t know what to say best does that it is the best face wash I have ever used. You must try it!
Jane D.
I really like this face wash. It is very liquid-y and doesn't get a good lather, but it covers and cleans your face enough. It has a great smell and leaves my face feeling a little softer. It doesn't feel harsh at all and helps with my slightly oily skin
Mariah D.
West Fargo, ND
Used this for two years. I got it at Natural Grocers for like $7 a bottle or $12 for a huge bottle of the soap refill; it worked wonders on my face and cleared it up fairly well.
Sandra A.
Laurel, MD
Review for: Desert Essence 54274 Thorough Clean Face Cleanser more...
When I tell you this saved my skin!!!! I started using this towards my graduation year in college and I kind of started using it just because it seem to be vegan and had healthy things in it and nothing else seems to have worked for my acne but when I stopped I saw the huge difference it has made. I try to decipher what caused the change in my skin and I narrowed it down to this product ever since I’ve been using products with Teatree oil and desert essence. This is a great product to get for young adolescent dealing with acne get straight to the point and it’s very healthy.
Kaitlyn F.
I loooove this. I haven't found something in ten years that could clear up my skin. I haven't had terrible acne, but definitely bad enough that I am self conscious on my problem areas. This has been amazing for my skin. It does make you skin feel squeaky clean after using it, which was weird for me, but followed with a quick application of toner and moisturizer, you're left with amazing looking skin.
Randi K.
Calgary
How does it work for acne prone skin??
Megan L.
Quincy, CA
Is this expensive?
Caroline S.
Shell Lake, WI
I have cystic acne, so far I've used the blemish stick from Desert Essence, it's been life changing for me. Does the face wash make a big difference for you? I've used a lot of the blemish stick and I think I may need something like this as well.
Alexandra M.
Montreal, QC
Where i can get it in Canada?
valeria d.
I've used the desert essence tea tree oil, and I loved it. Does this stuff work good? I was thinking of trying it, does it smell good too??