Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil

• Moisturizes skin without leaving any oily residue
  • Effectively cleanses clogged pores
  • Helps prevent flakiness when massaged on scalp

Pressed from plant seeds native to the Sonoran and Peruvian deserts, USDA-certified Organic Jojoba Oil is a natural, time-honored moisturizer for skin and hair. Suitable for even the most sensitive skin, it penetrates quickly after application, and also makes for an enriching aftershave moisturizer.
Perfect carrier oil for your favorite essential oils!

How to Use: Jojoba Oil boasts many beneficial applications. Check out some of our favorites at.

Ingredients: Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

How this smells ?
Is Jojoba oil considered to be good for oily skin?
Im interested in starting to use jojoba oil but does it really have an effect and how often do you use it? Do you use it on your hair or skin or both? [user:officialmomdad]
Start your review of Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil!
How would you rate this product?
Jenée S.
Oakland, CA
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by Jenée S.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This hair oil smells great, feels great and I use it as lotion sometimes too! I highly recommend this to anyone with curly hair or dry skin! I use this a few times a week usually on dry hair in the morning
k L.
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by k L.
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by k L.
Purchased at: Vitamin Shoppe
Absolutely love this brand! Love how it is fast absorbing and leaves skin feeling soft. I use this as a moisturizer before primer/makeup and leaves skin feeling hydrated all day! I use this daily before makeup application and at night before putting on night cream. Helps manage psoriasis symptoms on body without leaving skin feeling greasy #psoriasis #confidence #jojoboaoil
Amanda D.
Goffstown, NH
Purchased at: Amazon
This stuff saved my skin. I used this as a moisturizer for years and it’s the only thing that helped my acne. I still use it under makeup, on my hair, nails etc. this is a staple in my medicine cabinet.
Candice H.
Bel Air, MD
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by Candice H.
Has anyone tried this brand or any brand I’ve heard a lot of good stuff but I haven’t got it yet
Brandy B.
Prattville, AL
Great product! Use this product as overnight treatment for my hair! Leaves hair silky and smooth.
Jennifer  H.
Nixa, MO
2,417 reviews
I adore this cost effective jojoba oil. I buy it at my local Heath food for under 20.00 and add it as booster to my body creams for intensive moisture treatments for summer, sun burned peeling skin.
B R.
Azusa, CA
I love to use jojoba oil. Desert Essence is high quality! Not only is it closest in match to human sebum, but it is odorless, and absorbs into skin within minutes - softening in a most non-greasy and non-oily fashion. Great for sensitive skin. Having had serious 2nd-degree burns from sulfuric acid splashing onto the back of both hands - with searing pain and deep scarring - jojoba oil not only gently sealed the area to prevent the nerve endings from burning, but healed the skin and left it smooth. No one can see any scarring, now. I consider it a God-send.
Sharlene G.
Mansfield, MA
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by Sharlene G.
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil uploaded by Sharlene G.
Purchased at: Target
If you haven’t try this product then you definitely must . I love this product for many reason . I use it every night on my face and also on my hair after I wash it . It leaves my hair super shiny. This is always a must have in my household.
Alicia K.
Purchased at: Amazon
I love using this oil for my hair. I found that conditioners would weigh down my hair and make it look dull. Since I switched over to this product, I don't use conditioner anymore and my hair looks great. I usually dry my hair first, run a small amount of oil through my hair and brush it through, then straighten or curl it. It's very light-weight and keeps my hair looking healthy while giving it lots of movement.
Jennifer M.
Meridianville, AL
Jojoba Oil is scored a 2 on the comdonegenic scale which is moderately low. This means it is moderately low in causing breakouts. This scale is very important to check whenever you're using an oil on your face or even on your entire body if you're very sensitive. It is the closest oil to match our body's natural sebum so for most people, their skin loves jojoba oil. I bought this at my local Publix because I wanted to try infusing vanilla beans into it. It was the perfect size for a trial. I scraped the beans out and then cut them up. I dropped the pieces and scraping into a small jar and poured the oil over them making sure that all the pieces sit under the oil line. I then had to try patiently letting it sit. It wasn't warm out otherwise I would've put it in a window so I set it in a bowl and change out the water with hot tap water several times a day. I use the old water to water my air plants because that water needs to sit before being used. Some people put a dish towel in the bottom of a pot with water and set the jar on the towel into hot water. They keep the eye on while they're home at the lowest temperature they can. This decreased the wait time by a lot but I am too nervous to try it. At first I had to smell it daily but as time passed I chilled out a lot. I made sure the pieces were always covered by oil otherwise they'd grow bacteria and it would all have to be thrown away. I also made sure to keep any dust or water from getting in. Once it was ready the color was much darker than it had started out at. When I opened the lid I could smell vanilla immediately. I like using as a body fragrance directly on my skin because it smells so yummy. I also like using it in a luxurious milk bath recipe from Plant Therapy' s blog. I mix the vanilla infused jojoba oil with macadamia nut oil or sweet almond oil to get benefits from both oils and to mellow out the vanilla in the infused oil because I made it strong. When I dilute it whether it's with more Jojoba Oil or with a different carrier oil, I let it steep with everything mixed together for a few days prior to making it but this isn't necessary.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Amelia R.
Westfield, NJ
il y a 2 ans
Robyn C. il y a 2 ans
I love Jojoba oil so much!! I use it on my hair and my body. It’s a deep moisturizing oil but it’s not extremely heavy and it’s not an oil that stains clothing, etc. it also smells amazing. I typically use jojoba daily on in my hair and only about once a week on my body. If you find that your skin is getting extremely dry, this is your go to.
Shelby P.
Dryden, MI
il y a 3 ans
Zahrah N. il y a 3 ans
From what i’ve seen so far, Jojoba is great to use by itself, but combined with rose hip oil, it’s a two in one win! both ingredients are amazing and you’ll see many benefits