BY DESERT ESSENCE

• Infuses hair with moisture and restores healthy shine • Strengthens hair • Helps smooth damaged hair and reduce frizz without weighing hair down Bring out hair’s natural beauty as you nourish it. This lightweight lotion helps smooth and defrizz hair naturally and without weighing it down. Infused with: • Coconut Oil and Extract to provide essential nutrients to smooth damaged hair • Cactus and Agave drench hair in moisture and help restore a healthy shine • Vitamins A, E, and Panthenol strengthen hair Available at select Whole Foods locations, natural independent retailers, and desertessence.com. see more...

Desert Essence® Coconut Shine & Refine Hair Lotion
  • "i got to say DESERT ESSENCE smells great i love how it last the whole day no matter what im doing ." in 12 reviews
  • "this product smells amazing and leaves your hair smooth and shiny and it's affordable" in 11 reviews
  • "this product works great if you have dry or damaged hair especially in the winter it noticed it keeps my hair super hydrated and always looking shiny" in 5 reviews
  • "This product smells amazing and it left my curls soft, shiny, and defined." in 4 reviews
Jody M.
I really love anything that conditions my hair especially now when it is so cold out. My hair needs to need an extra boost ant this product is perfect for that!
NANA P.
somerset, NJ
this hair product really works great on my hair it makes it feel soft and the smell is amazing its the reason why my hair always smells so good all the time i wish i could buy it again and again its the smell that has me hooked
Katie F.
SACRAMENTO, CA
This hair product smells so good! It makes my hair super shiny and helps with the curls! I have to use way more than instructed so i go through the bottle pretty fast but it's so worth it.
Daneymis P.
This product has several presentation formats but in the end the product is the same. The smell is something magical, it is a pleasant smell and lasts all week. I love this conditioner because it is made of natural products, it is free of alcohol and although it is not the most economic it is a product that is worth trying
Lycan (Jenn) S.
To say I am obsessed with this hair lotion is to say that Carrie Bradshaw only liked shoes. It is a bold face lie, that is what that is!

I had never even heard of hair lotion, let alone did I know what it did. For those of you that don't know hair lotion is rather like leave in conditioner in that it is supposed to help with frizz, fly-aways and split ended-ness. This is what the product company says about it:

•Infuses hair with moisture and restores healthy shine (check)
•Strengthens hair (check, check)
•Helps smooth damaged hair and reduce frizz without weighing hair down (CHECK!)

Infused with:
•Coconut Oil and Extract to provide essential nutrients to smooth damaged hair
•Cactus and Agave drench hair in moisture and help restore a healthy shine
•Vitamins A, E, and Panthenol strengthen hair

Yeah, all that not to mention is smells like my coconut dream house were me and Raoul run away together and live happily ever after having lots of sex and babies... I mean... It smells like, uh... paradise island with lots of coconuts... anyway...

Really I love the smell of this and I have not stopped using it since I got it. What I do is take my shower and do all the normal jazz and then apply a nickle size in my palm and smooth it from tips to roots. I live with people that are sensitive to scents and by putting it in right after the shower the smell lessens as it dries and I am good to go!
Mikey A.
Glendale, CA
Hair Lotion?! The bottle and the product look like your average body lotion and I read this carefully, front and back, to be sure of its purpose. It IS for hair, and it’s pretty lovely. The scent is awesome – very strong, sweet coconut. The texture is that of a light, smooth body lotion.. not a heavy pomade or cream, but not as runny as a serum. The instructions recommend applying a dime size amount to the ends, and distributing it evenly. Being overly enthusiastic, I squeezed almost a tablespoon into my palms and rubbed it generously over the ends of my hair. Even with my super-sized dose, Desert Essence added softness and shine without an oily wet look or chunky separation. I’ve been known to overdo it with leave-in conditioners (leading to last-minute greasy updos), but it’s safe to say this hair lotion is nearly fail-proof.
Laura O.
Athol, ID
My hair is very damaged. I use curling irons, flat irons, and blow dryers. It has been red, brown, highlighted, and now all over blonde. It needs a lot of help. Sadly, this product was not strong enough to help my damaged hair very much.

I tried this product on both wet and dry hair. I tried it with a blow dryer and with air drying. It helps momentarily with frizz, but doesn't last very long.

The scent is amazing though! Your hair smells like a delicious pina colada. It actually helped to mask my burnt-hair smell and I can smell it in my hair the morning after I used it!

I'd say it is perfect for those with virgin or slightly processed hair. I used it on my boyfriend's curly, long hair and it did help his to reduct his frizz.
Lauren M.
Nutley, NJ
My hair is thick, wavy, hard to manage, tends towards frizzy, and has been compared to Janis Joplin's hair more than once in the past.

When I first tried this product, I used about a dime-size dollop on towel-dried hair after using my usual shampoo and conditioner, and the difference was noticeable. My hair was smooth, bouncy, and shiny. When I went into work, a coworker said to me, "You have Disney princess hair!" The fact that my hair went from Janis Joplin to Disney princess says it all, I think.

It has a mild coconut scent that doesn't overpower or clash with any of my other products. The texture is thick and creamy, and a little goes a long way. The catch is that just a little too much product can easily leave your hair a greasy mess. Start with a small amount, add more if you need it, and you should be able to avoid this problem easily. Overall, I think this is a great product.
Anna W.
Pawcatuck, CT
I really enjoy this product! The smell is amazing , truly does smell like coconut and it does help with my biggest problem ; FRIZZ! It is definitely what it says it is , a hair LOTION , so the texture is practically identical to lotion , a little goes a very long way in my thick hair so this will be lasting me a long time! The only two , very very small downsides for me , is that it doesn't keep my frizz away for any longer then my normal frizz reducer , and i cannot use to much of this , because the formula being a lotion can cause the hair to get a bit greasy. But on days when I want to nourish my hair , I always go for this stuff!
Sherin A.
houston, TX
SO naturally I already have silky smooth long straight hair so I don't use any products in my hair. HOWEVER sense I got it in my box I said Hey why not:) And boy was I wrong about my hair, after using this product for a week I noticed that my hair became smoothr and softer. As it turns out I have super dry hair.
This def helped moisturize it.

Like i said though, I am not use to using hair products so I gave it to my dad who has a cabnit filled with natural olive hair creams.
He gives this product an A and uses it on the daily:)

This is why my title says "diverse" because MEN yall can use this for your hair as well.
Glenys M.
Boston, MA
Does it really helps control the frizz?
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys like the scent?
Liz H.
How long has this product been out on the Market?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Are there any other scents it comes in?
Wendy K.
Dowagiac, MI
Are there any silicones in this product? Usually anything that claims to add 'shine' is loaded with 'cones and I stay away from them. Thanks!!