dermalogica special clearing booster acne treatment uploaded by Jen B.

BY DERMALOGICA

A skin care system researched and developed by The International Dermal Institute. DIN# 02245965 mediBac clearing® Recommended for topical treatment of breakouts.  This 5% Benzyl Peroxide concentrate, fortified with Zinc Sulfate, Tea Tree and Sage, helps controls bacteria, reduces irritation and scavenges free radicals while helping to accelerate breakout clearing.  Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Ask your skin therapist for your free Face Mapping® analysis and MediBac Clearing™ prescription to ensure maximum results and consistently clear skin. ; Additional Product Information: We are not associated or affiliated with Dermalogica and are not a licensed retailer of Dermalogica.  Dermalogica guarantees this product only when sold through authorized retailers, and cannot guarantee the authenticity of any product so see more...

• What active ingredients make the product so good?2 Answers
Pam M.
Pam M.
San Diego, CA
The best acne spot treatment. I will give it four stars only because it is too strong. It will irritate your face if you use it too much. But it is the best spot treatment. You just need to put it on your pimple and be careful not to put it on the sorrounding skin. It works great.
Jen B.
Jen B.
Detroit, MI
I kind of picked this up out of desperation while perusing the skin products at Ulta. I'm not sure what drove me to do it, really, as the price is somewhat steep for such a tiny little bottle of anything. However, that being said, I really do like this product a lot. I have terrible skin and management of my acne has been a big part of my life for a long time now. So far, this (along with Dermalogica's "Breakout Control" cream), has become a favorite.

I do not use this every night as a) I don't find this one is necessary for me every night and b) it does cause a lot of dryness/peeling if I use it too regularly. I save this one for large pimples as it is fantastic at zapping big zits down to size while I sleep. I will use a little less than a pea-sized amount by dabbing it onto the affected area until I feel it has covered it to my satisfaction. I wouldn't say problematic zits *disappear* like magic, but they do almost magically shrink for me and become much, much more easy for me to knock out with my usual routine.

I also sometimes will use this (up to I'd say 3 times a week maximum--and a real rarity for me to use it this often--before dryness is out of control) if I have a cluster of pimples that are being particularly stubborn about going away.

The dryness can be a bit of a downside but for any true acne sufferer, if you find a product that works well for you, you won't see this as any sort of deal breaker. I know I don't. Plus, if I don't overuse this product, I really don't experience any excessive dryness at all.
Celina M.
Celina M.
Boston, MA
This product is great for spot treatments! Doesn't ever dry out my skin, but I see a noticeable difference almost immediately after using on breakouts. Redness and inflammation go down drastically and the spot usually clears up within a day or do. Love this product!
Gabriella G.
Gabriella G.
Lawrence, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
i love this!! i used to have so much acne and now my face is finally clear with a few darkspots but they're fading so i just love it! i love the packaging, it met my expectations and beyond!!! I highly recommend this to anyone!!
Mariah H.
Mariah H.
Fort Smith, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This serum is ok. It is a little intense for my sensitive skin. While it did reduce blemishes, it also broke me out in a rash. I still use it about one a week for spot treatment but anything more and my face reacts poorly.
ATHENA A.
ATHENA A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
WOW! Overnight blemish treatment - tap on a bit of this magical serum overnight and wake up with a new face. I am shocked.
Jen J.
Jen J.
Definitely a lot of hype for this poorly made product. Packaging was very simple. Very generic. Wouldn't recommend
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Apache Junction, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Super gentle and gets the job done :) I would definately recommend this product for those occasional break outs.
Wes C.
Wes C.
Silver Spring, MD
I used this along with the entire kit, and I LOVE the smell and how it leaves your face feeling. In the long run, the kit didn't end up clearing up my face like I thought it would. It helped a little, but not worth the astronomical price.
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
Bee Cave, TX
I've used this product before and didn't really see much of a change after applying it overnight. The only acne treatments that have worked for me have been prescribed topical creams or Mario Badescu products.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
What active ingredients make the product so good?