BY DERMALOGICA

A super-soothing cleansing gel. Immediately removes dirt, impurities & oil. Helps calm your skin without irritation & dryness. Leaves skin feeling marvelously brighter & softer. Suitable for all skin types. see more...

Buy on Amazon
Brittany D.
Delray Beach , FL
The Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel comes as a part of the two step system. This is the second step in the system, I have to say I absolutely love the soft finish that this product creates and how fresh and clean my skin feels after using it.

The instructions are to lather this into your skin after using the pre cleansing balm. I applied this to my face and neck. After using this product multiple times, I started to notice a difference in the way my skin looked. I had tiny black heads on my nose near my nose on my cheeks and this system visibly reduced the appearance of them.

This system is gentle on your skin which is perfect for me since I have very sensitive skin. It doesn't have any heavy perfumes in it and leaves your skin feeling replenished.

My favorite thing about this two step system is how it's true to its claim to fame. This truly is the cleanest my skin has ever felt without feeling like my skin has been stripped. I work long hours and my job requires a full face a makeup. After a long night, it's so nice to truly feel like I'm taking EVERYTHING off of my face including makeup, dirt, grime, and even getting ride of some grime left prior.

I will absolutely be recommending this system to anyone who is unsatisfied with their current cleansing system. It's perfect for anyone, any skin type.

I received this product for free to review in a vox box and it exceeded my expectations by far! I am so thankful!!
Jean P.
I have normal (combination during winter) skin and like that it melts off my makeup. I like the clean, fresh feeling it gives me and would recommend it as a cleanser for normal/combination skin. I am taking of half a star because I did not receive the microfoliant in my box. I am also taking off half a start because I wear very waterproof, non-smudge eyeliner and mascara, and sometimes I feel like it doesn't take ALL of it off.  I double cleanse after this with a foam cleanser or my go-to gel cleanser.  Perhaps this is the way I cleanse (maybe i dont scrub properly because it seems like others don't have an issue with taking off all their makeup and sunscreen...), regardless i would use again but the price is a deterrent since I can get equally good oil balms from Asia as well for 1/3 of the price!
Morgan M.
Bisbee, AZ
I use this gel as part of a two step system: Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm and Special Cleaning Gel. Thanks Influenster and Dermalogica for this complimentary system to test. I love this! The PreCleanse Balm loosens the makeup and dirt after a long day, and the Special Cleaning Gel washes it away. I used to feel like I needed to wash my face twice to get that clean feeling, but now once is enough! The best part is that I wake up with glowing skin, still feeling perfectly clean and refresh. I will buy this product again, as it has really upped my skincare game.
Angela B.

Full disclosure, My skin tends to be relatively blemish free. I really love this product though. It feels super gentle on the skin and I love pairing it with the balming cleanser. It defintley is a bit of a process and slightly time consuming but it makes me feel like I am really investing and taking care of my skin. It removes oils and dirts super easily and is a super fun product to use. I think the price point is a bit high for the size of the bottle you are getting but if you want a dermatolagist tested solution it might be worth the investment! I received this product free for an honest review
Claire S.
I replaced my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser with this in my skincare routine. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I also have combination skin. It works wonders to actually erase makeup, and that is mostly why I am giving it 4 stars. The downsides to this is I'm getting pretty bad acne breakouts on my forehead at the moment, and it didn't do anything to hold the breakout at bay. I like it, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase for the price if the only difference between this and my Philosphy cleanser is that I don't have to do an extra step of completely wiping away my makeup with a wipe before I wash my face.
Patriana S.
The skin is the largest organ in your body and as you age, you have to do more preventative maintenance. Such as dual cleansing. I know the extra step is annoying, but necessary. And I love how Dermalogica precleanse balm was paired with this special cleansing gel as the second step. This cleanser is soap free and not too foamy. I can feel the cleansing power on my skin, breaking down the dirt and strip away the oil. Great product!
Aissha A.
I received this product complimentary in my Dermalogica box by Influenster. I have been using this after the pre-cleanse balm or even at times by it self. It literally cleans off  full face of makeup and even mascara. I usually have hard time with mascara with most face cleansers and the mascara runs everywhere but this one cleans so well and leaves my skin smooth and hydrated.  I woulg highly recommend it.
Monica M.
Old bridge, NJ
Omg can I love this! The cleansing gel is super light, it doesn't burn my skin, and it leaves my face feeling baby soft (clean). I have fairly sensitive skin so it can be tough finding the right solution. Thanks to dermalogica I don't have to worry about that anymore! I highly recommend for those who have dry sensitive skin like I do! I received the product for free for testing.
courtney c.
Irmo, SC
I am so glad I received this from Influenster! My skin is sensitive so this product is excellent. I used it right after the Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm. These two products are an excellent combination. My skin felt so smooth and my face felt the cleanest it's ever been!
Kathleen M.
Boston, MA
This is a nice, lightweight, gentle cleanser. I use this after the PreCleanse Balm, both with the exfoliating mitt. It definitely cleanses my skin well but doesn’t seem to be super hydrating. If I get this gel near my eyes it does irritate them a lot, so be careful of that! Overall, I like this product, but it’s not a game changer for me.
*I received this product free for testing purposes
Amy H.
Corning, OH
Is this product good for sensitive skin?