BY DERMALOGICA #22 in Facial Moisturizers

Revitalizing treatment gel-cream transforms skin overnight by optimizing nighttime skin recovery. Tamarind Seed Extract creates a nourishing cocoon of comfort for softer, more hydrated skin while encapsulated, motion-activated French Lavender Essential Oil (with Sandalwood and Patchouli) work all night to promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin by morning. Other key ingredients include Persian Silk Tree Extract which reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality while Wu-Zhu-Yu Extract provides visibly radiant skin by the a.m.

• Does anyone know about the safety of this product during ...14 Answers
  • I need to know if it helps with dry skin? I seen this a l...8 Answers
  • Is this skincare only or does it have sleep enducing bene...3 Answers
Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon
  • "Received in a beauty box as a sample. It's nice and moisturizing. You leave on overnight and it has essential oils which help relax you in addition to helping your skin. It is pricey but I think it really helps my skin so I'll eventually repurchase." in 13 reviews
  • "I’ve been using this for a few nights and I love it. It boosts hydration which is very needed with my dry skin but it doesn’t feel heavy. When I woke up in the morning my skin looked so glowy and even. I can’t wait to see the long term benefits of this." in 8 reviews
Tera H.
Fresno, CA
First of all, i've loved my experience with this. (30+ days)

This product is ideal for nighttime use, as it does not provide sunscreen protection. I like to pair this with a tea tree oil or another type of overnight cream because i have dry skin and although this does provide great moisture, it doesn't deeply hydrate like a gel based night cream would. I'm not sure why it's mentioned to be a "Gel Based Cream" because it feels very water based and think.. but silky! (if that makes sense)

PROS: my dry patches have gotten smoother
dark circles are visibly lighter
skin feels plump and tight
skin is calm and less prone to break outs
The pump to dispense product is very innovative and oddly satisfying to use, great for travel !

CONS: the smell of sandalwood is extremely strong
the smell lingers on my pillow, but totally bareable, not bad
Robyn M.
Sacramento, CA
I am so thankful to have received a complimentary Sound Sleep Cocoon product to test, thanks to Influenster and Dermalogica. Not only does the light and silky formula leave my skin feeling hydrated and looking radiant, additionally, the soothing lavender scent seems to melt my stress away. I have noticed a reduction in fine lines and dark circles around my eyes. During the first two weeks of using this product, I applied it to only one side of my face in order to see if there was a visible difference while it. Even my family could tell which side of my face I was using the Sound Sleep Cocoon on! As a doctor of clinical neuropsychology, I'm well versed in the efficacy of relaxation techniques for stress and anxiety management. The guided deep breathing widget, with its soothing music, pairs perfectly with the calming lavender essential oils in this product. I have found that I sleep better when I combine the deep breathing exercise from the Sound Sleep Cocoon Widget with the use of this facial cream. Additionally, I use a sleep tracking wristband at night which takes biometric readings, such as REM sleep, skin conductance and heart rate variability, all of which measure stress level. Since using the Sound Sleep Cocoon System, my nightly data suggests lower levels of stress and more revitalizing sleep. I'd recommend this product to all of the people whom I care about! I'm very thankful to have received this complimentary product, and I'll definitely be purchasing it when I need more, as it has become an important part of my evening routine. #soundsleepcocoon #contest #complimentary @Influenster @dermalogica Pro Tip: An unforeseen side effect is how well my husband and my labrador retriever sleep when I'm wearing this night cream. My husband has commented that he enjoys the smell and, on several mornings, I've awoken to my dog's nose pressed to my face as he enjoys the soothing lavender. Dermalogica's Sound Sleep Cocoon is definitely "lab" approved in my home! Dermalogica Sound Sleep CocoonDermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon
Tara O.
Saugerties, NY
Influenster provided me with a complimentary product.  I will sound off first by saying that this is not my type of product.  I abhor regimens and, though I am plagued by sleep deprivation and would love something that helps me get to sleep, I must be one of very few select folk who finds Lavender to be neither soothing nor sleep-inducing.
That being said, I have incredibly sensitive skin on my face and myriad plant allergies.  When I applied the product (three cheers for an awesome dispenser design, by the way), I noticed the usual reddening from me simply touching my face....but none of the dreaded burning or tingling that usually indicates that my face is about to blossom into an allergic reaction of Pompeii proportions.   That's something to cheer for.
The scent is not overpowering, but is akin to having mild aromatherapy on your hands.  It's there and you can smell it, but your eyes aren't watering.  As I said before, though, me and lavender are not best buddies - I actually found the scent to be quite obnoxious and absolutely the opposite of sleep inducing....as I lay awake thinking about how much I hated that smell.   I still gave it the old school try for a week.
I also used the web-page with it's sleep sounds.

I DID NOTICE:  the consistency of the product is wonderful.  A bit more like mousse than gel.
It absorbs rapidly.
It does not leave your face feeling greasy.
The container is a great feat of product engineering - you will not accidentally dump half the bottle onto your hands, and never get more than exactly 'just enough.'

I DID NOT NOTICE:  a healthy glow in the morning.
Any sleep benefit.

MAJOR CONS:
If you have an open wound (or perhaps acne of any type), it will burn like all the suns on Tattooine.  Apply with caution.
Even after it is absorbed, if you have absorbent pillow-cases, expect to be washing them at least every other day.  This will end up in your pillow-cases and if you sleep anything like I do, you'll end up with tingly eyes.
Lavender.  Lavender is gross.  Vanilla would have been a better choice for me.
Sound page shuts off way before you're asleep if you're sporting certain devices with iOS 11+, or if you have battery-saving modes on.  Also, if white noise irritates you, that's exactly what this will do.

Has seed, tree and plant extracts.  If you have plant allergies, proceed with caution - perhaps test on a small area on the underside of your wrist before applying to face.

I gave the remainder of the product to my mother, who enjoys the scent, has a nightly facial regimen and is soothed by white noise.   This has worked wonders for her.   If you're like me, however, and part of the minority....just splash some water on your face and head to bed. :)  Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon
Elizabeth K.
Charlottesvle, VA
This product-- where to start! Let's first start with the packaging, which is a cute plastic twisting capsule. No more dipping your fingers into a moisturizer jar or wrangling that squeeze tube to get the last drop! Just twist the top and pump. Simple! Once in your hand, the first thing you notice is the smell-- lavendar, sandalwood, and patchouli greet your nose with their heavenly scent and you start thinking, "Well, yes, but does it feel good? Does it work?"
The product itself is so light in hand; when you go to apply it to your face, it's as though you are applying air. It's so light and absorbs so quickly that you become instantly confident that this will not clog your pores overnight. You also become instantly confident that even if it doesn't work miracles, this is your new favorite product. But folks, this works SO. WELL. I've been suffering with some isolated dry skin patches around my earlobes all winter, and it only took a couple of uses for that dry skin to transform into healthy, vibrant skin! In fact, I left this at my boyfriend's house, and without it, those pesky patches are coming back.
You know how many overnight creams leave you in dire need of a face washing in the morning? Well, I don't feel that way at all about Sound Sleep Cocoon. In fact, I roll out of bed, head straight to the gym, and even my sweaty sweaty acne-prone face doesn't feel like an oil slick afterward--hooray! I will say I also switched a couple other products in my skincare routine a few weeks prior to receiving this product, but in the 4-5 weeks I've used it, I have noticed that my skin seems less red/blotchy/[insert aspect of aging in your late 20s here]. I honestly don't know what else to rave-- er, say-- about this product. Highly worth the investment!
Full disclosure: I received this complimentary product in exchange for an honest review, but all opinions are my own.
Brittney G.
Lafayette Hl, PA
I was so excited to try this when I got the email stating I would be receiving it complimentary to test, thanks to Influenster. I have tried all sorts of skin care products, but never used any Dermalogica products. I will say I was a little nervous about the $80 price tag, but thought, "I'll give it a shot and then probably go back to my old ways."

Unfortunately for my wallet, I ended up loving this product! The texture is wonderful - it is really light and more gel than creamy; it absorbs quickly and easily; and doesn't irritate my irritable skin. I wouldn't say I woke up "glowing," but I what I did have was extremely hydrated, soft skin. Also, while I don't tend to sleep very well, I found myself sleeping for longer, deeper periods. Finally, the overall texture of my skin has improved; my skin can be very dry, sometimes flaky, and I layer on the moisturizer and make sure to use all hydrating makeup. After having used this for almost 4 weeks, I can use a much smaller amount of moisturizer and my skin still looks better than it did before.

Overall, I have loved using this product, have recommended it to all of my friends, and will purchase it myself when my bottle is empty!
Nicole S.
After traveling for 3 weeks straight I definitely needed some skin hydration! I was so excited when I got home to have this complimentary gem to test and review waiting for me thanks to Dermalogica and Influenster. First off I love the pump bottle it comes in and is lockable so it doesn't spill while traveling. The sound sleep app that you can download with it is so helpful too. Right before bed I massaged the Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon gel-cream all over my face and neck. It literally melts into your skin and the French Lavender essential oil in it smells amazing and is so calming. The next morning I couldn't believe how hydrated my skin felt. I've been using it every night since and my normally dry skin has never been so hydrated and glowing. It's perfect for traveling too. I've been using it on the plane every time I go on a trip (Skin always gets so dry when flying) It's my new go to! Love it! #SoundSleepCocoon @Influenster @Dermalogica #Influenster #Dermalogica #Contest #Complimentary
Amanda C.
HELLERTOWN, PA
Waking up with hydrated and smooth skin is great!
I received the #dermalogica sound sleep cocoon transformative night gel-cream for free from #Influenster for test purposes. I've been using the cream for a couple of weeks now and I must say that I love it! My skin is usually very dry (specially in the winter) and this cream provides the hydration that I need without being heavy. Also, the scent is amazing, very pleasant and relaxing (even my husband noticed it) - perfect for bed time.

Also this cream did NOT break me out and did NOT cause any irritation (I have acne-prone skin and I am always very cautious about my skin care). After I started using this cream, my skin has been feeling more hydrated, smooth and glowy (my husband even mentioned that my skin looks nice).

I'd for sure recommend it and I'd even buy it again and again (I personally would wait for some kind of sale, since it's kind of expensive, but I feel like it's worth the money!). I'm truly pleased with this product!
Alexa R.
Gilbert, AZ
Hallelujah!  A product that actually does what it says it will do!  I was a little caught off-guard when I first saw the price, since I received this product complimentary from Dermalogica and Influenster for testing purposes.  $80 normally?!!  After 5 nights of use, I know why it has the price tag it does.  In just 5 days, my skin has gone from slightly dry and blotchy, to smooth and hydrated.  I absolutely love this product.  I don't know if it helps me sleep better, but the aroma of the product definitely helps me relax before going to bed.  It is light weight and perfect.  I could go on for hours.  Literally, go buy this product immediately.  You will not regret it!!!

I received this products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Annie B.
I received this product for free via Influenster. I was so excited to find out I was going to test this new Dermalogica product. I love the Dermalogica brand, and use many Dermalogica products. First, the packaging of this product. While I appreciate that the product can be "locked", I feel like the design of this package is not going to let me get all of the product out. The product is very heavily scented with lavender, which I love, but some people may be sensitive to. I was sad to see that Dimethicone was the second ingredient in this product. If you aren't familiar, Dimethicone is a type of silicon- which can clog pores, and cause allergic reactions. The product has a silicone feel, similar to many make-up primers. I tested this product for a few weeks, and while my skin had no negative reactions to the dimethicone, I didn't see any real visible results. The gel consistency felt light, but personally I prefer a heavier night cream. Lastly, I think the price for this product is extremely high, with too few benefits.
Taylore G.
Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon- I’ve used this product for a little over a week and I love it. I have very dry skin, so I moisturize but sometimes it doesn’t feel like enough. After my nightly routine, I’ve been adding this before I lay down. The first thing I like is the twist top to lock and unlock it. It’s a very thin moisturizer so my face never felt thick and slippery. The scent is an herbal smell, kind of like your local organic store, but it’s not overpowering. I actually sleep better after the mask. With the scent and the feeling of being moisturized, my eyes get heavy in 5 minutes. When I wake up my face feels smooth and silky. It holds moisture all through the night. It’s honestly become a holy grail. I can’t wait to purchase this again and have my friends try it.
Brandi R.
Savannah, GA
Does anyone know about the safety of this product during pregnancy?
Kianna L.
I need to know if it helps with dry skin? I seen this a lot but I wanna know for sure if it works because it’s really expensive. I never could find ah sample of it but I would love to know if it works for women of COLOR!!
Tamara F.
Is this ok for sensitive, oily, acne prone skin? Would love a night moisturizer.
Shaz C.
Anstruther, ['', '', '']
Is this skincare only or does it have sleep enducing benefits too?