Dermalogica
Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

A high-performance oil combining retinol and salicylic acid to target breakouts and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles overnight. Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Uneven Texture, and Acne and BlemishesFormulation: OilHighlighted Ingredients:- Salicylic Acid 2%: Stimulates natural exfoliation to visibly reduce breakouts and blackheads, revealing clearer-looking skin. - Time-Released Retinol (Vitamin A): Works all night to support skin recovery while visibly smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, boosting skin's elasticity, and reducing hyperpigmentation with minimal irritation.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL!
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Stefanie S.
I've been waiting for this day-- It's been two months of using this "clearing oil" from Dermalogica, and I'm so sad to report that it did not give me results I was looking for. First, my skin type is dry, I have hormonally acne-prone around the jaw and cheeks, and I scar easily without picking. Next, the packaging is not my favorite because the dropper is oddly made so that it purposely doesn't pick up a full dropper amount. And then I feel like the product starts dripping down my hand before I can twist the lid back on. Also, I did enjoy the texture; it is like a dry-oil: nourishing to the touch, but it does sink in. The formula never burns my skin like other SA products have. I thought for a while that if I push through the first few weeks, I would see great improvement in my texture, acne, and fine lines, as it's described to do. But no. I honestly think my overall complexion was better before I touched the stuff. *Sigh* Lastly, for the price of $80, I simply can't recommend this.
Erie, PA
I love this oil. Combining two+ treatments into one is a huge deal for me and the convenience of that is something to consider. The idea of putting on a good BHA, Retinol and super nourishing oils all in one application is amazing for most people. This oil works quickly and really is effective to resurface and smooth your complexion over night, within a few days in my experience. If I'm having some break outs, and small textured acne/clogged pores especially on my forehead and nose, this oil seems to blast right through it. Packaging is nice, metal, light protected bottle with a dropper. About 4 drops will cover your face and will last a a long time. Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL
Auburn, WA
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Anne C.
DERMALOGICA Retinol Clearing Oil SRP: US $80.00 Size: 30 mL/ 1 oz • The Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil is an anti-aging acne treatment that combines two active ingredients, Retinyl Propionate (retinol) and Salicylic Acid (BHA), into one product. It is said that retinol and BHA should not be used together in the same routine due to risk of irritation and damage to moisture barrier. Dermalogica found a way around that and created this oil that is safe to use. • This oil targets breakouts and premature signs of aging. Salicylic Acid treats acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and large pores. It exfoliates skin and keeps pores free from gunk. It’s also a potent anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory ingredient. Retinyl Propionate is a promising retinol derivative which has the benefits of retinol but with less side effects making it an effective but gentle alternative. A few studies show that this derivative minimized lines and wrinkles and reduced appearance of hyperpigmentation. This oil uses slow-release retinol technology so as not to overwhelm skin. The addition of rosehip seed, golden jojoba, and argan oils help soothe and nourish skin. This doesn’t contain drying alcohol. • At first, I was a bit wary about using the Retinol Clearing Oil because it contains coconut alkanes which is derived from coconut oil. The last facial oil I used that has coconut oil gave me cystic pimples so anything coconut scares me right now. However, I took a chance and used this straight for five nights. Now I can say that this product does not cause any break outs. I looked up coconut alkanes and found out that it’s volatile, meaning it evaporates and doesn’t get absorb by the skin. I guess not all products with coconut oil is bad for me. • According to directions, the Retinol Clearing Oil should be used in the evenings after cleansing and before moisturizer. I opted to use it after moisturizer, as the last step of my nightly skincare routine. I figured that it could replace my facial oils, and it works! I like it better when used this way. • This oil easily spreads on skin and leaves no greasy residue. A week of nightly use gave me bright and even-toned skin. I did not experience purging. • The oil is packaged in an ombre metallic bottle with a dropper dispenser. The opaque bottle protects the contents from exposure to light which helps keep it stable longer. Cons: • The only thing that I don’t like is its natural scent but I’m on my way to getting used to it. • Those not used to retinol or BHA might experience irritation or purging. I suggest easing into this slowly until skin develops tolerance.
Norwalk, CA
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Mariah R.
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Mariah R.
I suffer from occasional cystic acne breakouts and I have ice pick / box car scarring. I was so excited to try out this retinol serum, but it took about 1 week to see my cystic acne clear up. I have seen an improvement in the smoothness of my skin, and my pores are starting to look smaller. I do think that those who don’t have cystic acne can benefit from a product like this in a shorter time frame. It made my small pimples go away almost instantly. My skin feels very hydrated and appears somewhat brighter too. The dropper is very easy to use, and there is a lot of product inside. I only used about 4 drops nightly. There is a heavy almost alcohol type of smell which goes away after you apply to the skin, so if you are sensitive to scents, this is something to take note of. Overall, I think this is a really good product, but it did take time to see a difference in my cystic acne. The photo I attached is of my skin the first night I used it, and how it looked nearly 2 weeks later.
Canton, MS
I’m about halfway through this bottle, and I’m not noticing any results from the retinol or the acne clearing ingredients. Also, it has an odd scent. I find the oil to be really thin and not that hydrating, either.
Conroe, TX
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Erika C.
I really like this product. I also LOVE the packaging and how it has a button for the topper. I am already a retinol user so it didn't irritate my skin at all. Since its an oil, it is super shiny when you initially apply it but after a few minutes it really absorbs into your skin. It has a light scent which smells nice, not over powering. I also really like that it has the time release retinol so it's working as your sleeping. Definitely recommend this product and will continue to use it.
Brownsville, TX
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Luz R.
I received this from bzzagent complimentary in exchange for my honest review. This product is so sleek and elegant. The product smells so nice and refreshing. The consistency is a oil that goes smoothly onto my skin even though I have oily skin. It does not feel heavy and even out my skin and leaves my skin in the morning feeling moisturized. It has definitely made a difference since I had stopped doing my skin routine due to the weather and the whole fiasco in Texas. It has increased the look of my skin and I love how it it made changes in my skin. I definitely recommend to others if you have oily skin. Just want to add that my consistency to this product has made my face a lot smoother and clearer and my neck also feels smoother and clearer.
This stuff is PRICEY but it’s soo worth it! I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks now and I’ve noticed a difference already. My skin looks more smooth and brighter 😍
Sandy Springs, GA
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Tiffany B.
[product:dermalogica-retinol-acne-clearing-oil-1-oz/-30-ml] I absolutely love this product. It has worked wonders with my skin. I sometimes get acne on my forehead and this cleared it right up in a couple of days. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to clear and prevent acne.
Clackamas, OR
Dermalogica Retinol Acne Clearing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Tiara W.
I gave this four stars because of the scent. You apply This before bed time and It clears skin from break outs while also helping with skin aging. The first thing I noticed about this is it smells unpleasant 🤢 luckily it goes away within tens minutes. I’ve found that this absorbs well but it does take a minute so I apply it 20 minutes at least before I go to sleep. It’s gentle and I had no dryness, just smooth feeling skin in the Morning. This works well and if you are looking for a solution for two skin concerns this is a good one. . . This contains Retinol and salicylic Acid . [product:dermalogica-retinol-acne-clearing-oil-1-oz/-30-ml]

Looking for your answer?