Deep-cleansing vegan oil that removes makeup and impurities from skin.

Thoroughly melt away layers of excess oil, sunscreen, waterproof makeup, environmental pollutants and residual products that build up on skin throughout the day. Won't clog pores.

How To Use: With dry hands, apply directly to dry skin and massage over face and eyes to dissolve surface oil and dirt.
Wet hands and continue massaging to create a light, milky emulsion.
Rinse with lukewarm water and follow with Special Cleansing Gel for best results.

I'm wondering if I need to use a deep cleanser after this to make sure there's no oily residue left on my face?
Do you feel like this melts the makeup away like some other oil based cleansers?
Does this product cause breakouts?
Start your review of Dermalogica Precleanse!
How would you rate this product?
Rockledge
This is the best makeup remover I have ever touched! I refuse to use makeup wipes if I can help it. This melts away all of the makeup, dirt, and grime from my face at the end of each day and removing my eye makeup with this is a lot easier with this than a majority of other products I have tried! Sometimes I have to use a little more than I want to (I try to use less than a pump when I can to make it last) but it gets the job done beautifully along with the Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash 8.4 oz/ 250 mL. I suffer from adult acne and these two together with a couple other products keep my skin significantly clearer than it would be without them! The blemishes I do get are more hormonal than anything but have become rarer with time ❤️
Santa Monica, CA
After I started using this product recently I can’t believe I ever went without it. My main concern is being sure to get all of my make up off at night, and usually I can wash my face a couple of time and still have residue linger. However when I use this precleanse almost all my make up comes off with ease before I even officially wash my face. Seriously, this stuff takes off all that stubborn stuff and my skin is so much happier in the morning. Thank you dermalogica for making a goldmine
Richmond, VA
I went through an entire bottle of this and I LOVE it. It’s the best oil cleanser I’ve tried. You can really feel the dirt and makeup getting sucked out of your pores, perfectly prepping it for your second cleanser. Highly recommend it and I would be buying my second bottle if I didn’t have another oil cleanser to get through. If you’re looking for an oil cleanser for a two step cleanse, look no further! Plus the bottle is huge and lasts for forever
Oily, Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
California
MY HOLY GRAIL! The price point is a little high, however you only need one pump. This takes everything off including waterproof mascara!! I love how the oil is beneficial to your lashes too! So if you’re looking for a good lash serum, invest in this because this will benefit you while you’re taking your makeup. This is also very gentle, will not make your skin too oily, dry or burn your skin! Ditch the makeup wipes, guys.
Dry, Combination / Redness, Sensitivity, Uneven Skin Tone
I like this oil for facial make up remover I think it does a decent job at breaking it up and not leaving your face feeling very greasy after you wash it off however it does not do a really good job at removing eye makeup such as mascara eyeliner I would not buy again since I know of other products that work really well to remove all make up from the face
Combination, Sensitive / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores
longmont
Purchased at: ULTA
I use dermalogica products in all of my skincare rotations. I swear by this brand. Precleanse takes makeup and debris off wonderfully. I don’t wear makeup most days but still find great benefit from using this before I cleanse again after. It’s prepares and cleans my skin for my nighttime skincare regimen. Love love love.
Dry / Blackheads, Fine Lines, Sensitivity
Monroeville, pa
I love this . Before using the product I thought I thoroughly cleaned my face . After using it I realize my face was probably never really as clean as I thought it was. This easily removes makeup and feels amazing as the first step of double cleansing. Don’t waste your money on makeup remover.. get this!
Combination / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores
I have oily skin and am acne prone, so I’ve always been hesitant of using oil cleansers. However, I started with other detmalogica products and they’ve worked so well for my skin that I decided to give this precleanser a try. I absolutely love it! I’m always wearing a full face of makeup, and this cleanser does a great job at removing everything. It doesn’t make me feel oily whatsoever after using it, which is an absolute plus!
Oily, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Whiteheads
I never realized how great oil is for removing makeup! I was worried this might make me break out but I've used it every night for a week and my skin looks amazing. I think that this item will be key in staying moisturized this winter and not allowing my cleanser to strip too much moisture from my skin.
Combination / Blackheads, Dullness, Large Pores
Lexington, KY
Purchased at: ULTA
Before discovering Precleanse, I didn’t know the importance of double cleansing. It’s a game changer! This oil based precleanse attracts oil so it really helps remove makeup and debris from the pores before doing your normal cleanse. I love the way it feels and it has a nice, very subtle scent
Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Garfield, NJ
2 months ago
SheaLea S. • 2 months ago
It broke me out. The cleansing gel is great though.
Burdett, KS
7 months ago
Has anyone tried Dermalogica Precleanse on oily skin? If as, did in increase breakouts and large pores?
Arianna R. • 4 months ago
This works for any and every skin type as anesthetician and in school I started almost every facial room number one cleanse with pre-cleanse it takes off make up waterproof everything it’s amazing but make sure to add water never put it on dry skin without adding water! !
Bloomfield, NJ
7 months ago
Is Dermalogica Precleanse worth the cost? Seems so expensive and not sure if it is worth the investment. Is it lighter than other oil based cleansers?
Meagan D. • 6 months ago
Its so worth it! Yes it’s expensive, but I started using it in January along with other dermalogica products & my skins changed so much