BY DERMALOGICA

Deep-cleansing oil melts impurities and make-up from skin. As the first step in your Double Cleanse regimen, PreCleanse thoroughly melts away layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof make-up, pollutants and products that build up on skin, allowing your prescribed Dermalogica Cleanser to penetrate even further for professional cleansing results.

• How well does this really work? I keep hearing things abo...6 Answers
  • Is this better than a makeup remover?7 Answers
  • Is this product good for sensitive skin?4 Answers
melody b.
Springfield, OR
Purchased at: ULTA
Dermalogica PreCleanse Oil
I ended up at Ulta awhile back and they gave me a sample bottle of this Cleanser Oil. This bottle lasted me a good while. I have to say I absolutely love it and highly recommend it!!! It felt like a nice lightweight oil, and it took off stubborn mascara. It didn’t leave any residue behind at all. And there is zero scent to it which is a big plus for me. The instructions call this a precleanse, and that you are to wash with a cleanser after. But I didn’t find that necessary which was FABulous for me!!!!! With that said, a little bottle runs for $13.50. I was really shocked. I wanted a full sized bottle which goes for $45. Sigh. Never mind. My brain tells me that is a ton of $ which is literally going down the drain! I just couldn’t wrap my brain around that. Demalogica even has a Special Cleansing Gel. I had a small sample that was given to me when I had a short facial at Ulta. The Special Cleansing Gel seemed good too, unscented and it went on a bit thick. The sample size packet was enough for two washes. But I really liked the cleansing oil!!!
So, needless to say I didn’t buy it this time. I have tried two other cleansing oils that I really liked, Josie Maran …but my brain was hurt knowing that I’m wasting the lovely argan oil.
Myra H.
This stuff is awesome! I really like how this removes my makeup without making my face feel tight or dry. It's gentle enough that even if it gets too close to my eyes, it doesn't irritate them. I use it normally when I'm wearing a full face with a long wearing foundation so I can really break everything down, and this does the trick. I purchased the travel size because I wanted to give it a try before committing to a full sized bottle and I can confidently say I'd pay the price for a full size. You don't need a large amount to get your face clean so it lasts a long time.
Alexandra S.
I'm an esthetician and discovered Dermalogica while in beauty school. Although the line is expensive as hell, it's well worth the money! I have been using precleanse for years as my makeup remover and it remove every trace of makeup! If I miss a day of washing my face entirely, even if I'm not wearing makeup, I use this to remove all that extra oil before I wash my face! I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out! I would recommend this to anyone! I hope they NEVER discontinue this product!!!
Deja K.
Hollywood , FL
Precleanse was amazing! At first I was nervous because it seemed like an oil. After applying water I got this milky colored goodness that wiped away dirt, any lingering makeup and made my face feel really good. This precleanse did some work so that my cleanser didn’t have to work as hard to clean my face. I felt this was necessary so that my acne wash could “focus” on treating the acne and not have to worry about getting through the dirt.
Alisa G.
This is the greatest product at the end of the day. You can feel this oil like substance melting away your makeup and any other dirt or pollution that your face has come into contact with. It’s gentle yet extremely effective. I absolutely love it and look forward to using it. I strongly recommend that everyone use this Dermalogica power house.
Micha H.
Bristol, VA
I love the scent, the texture and the results from this product. I love how it feels like a spa treatment. This is great as a first step in a double cleanse routine. It dissolves all traces of my makeup. The only thing that I am not happy with is the price point. Yes it is a super product but I feel like these brands could change much less.
Nicole B.
Manahawkin
This balm reminds me of one of my absolute favourites, the Clinique Take the Day Off Balm- except this one includes a mitt! The mitt is a nice gentle exfoliant and will really help break down the makeup. It definitely removed every bit of my makeup and a little bit of this product goes a long way.
Alex O.
Willoughby Hills
I love Dermalogica precleanse because it takes off all my makeup, including mascara, and it’s not too harsh on the skin. I use this prior to my regular cleanser and my skin is so soft and clean. Dermalogica precleanse has an amazing lemony scent that is so soft and clean, it instantly brightens my day!
Haley P.
Langhorne, PA
I had been looking for a gentle oil-based cleanser to help clear out my pores and keep my skin feeling extra clean, but needed one that wouldn’t dry my skin out. This stuff works wonders! I typically use this at night to get all of the grime off my face and it leaves my skin feeling completely clean. I purchased this in a travel size to try it out before committing to the full size, but after seeing how well it worked I would definitely commit to the full size. This also helps get rid of those pesky stubborn white bumps on my forehead if I use this as a double cleanse. It’s gentle but effective!
Darlene D.
Magnolia, TX
This is a good pre-cleanse balm. It’s effective for loosening any dirt, makeup on your face. It’s soft and gentle but gets the job done. I’m not sure it’s any better then the It bye bye makeup balm from air Cosmetics. It’s a bit pricey for what it is but does have skin care properties in it.
Katelyn R.
Is this better than a makeup remover?
Alyssa R.
Ontario, CA
How well does this really work? I keep hearing things about it and wanna try it but, is it worth the price?
Sarah L.
Does this help with acne?
Santos M.
Orlando, FL
Is this product good for sensitive skin?
Lacey S.
London, OH
Do I absolutely have to rinse this off after I have emulsified the product with water? Can I just add my cleanser right away?