BY DERMALOGICA

A moisturizer that minimizes oil and shine? It’s true! This ultra-light, non-greasy hydrating formula controls oily areas like the nose and forehead for an all-over matte finish. SPF helps shield against the UV rays that can make breakouts worse and cause dark spots.

Dermalogica Oil Clearing Matte Moisturizer SPF 15
  • "Very effective moisturizer when paired with good facial cleanser. Its perfect for all skin types. I have dry skin and since I have been using this, I haven't had any problems with my skin becoming dry throughout day. I initially received this product as a sample to review." in 3 reviews
  • "This is an amazing moisturiser! It is matte but still is really hydrating which is really good for me as I have combination skin. It doesn't make me breakout which some other moisturisers with SPF in them do. Also, it has SPF it in to protect your skin." in 3 reviews
Sophia Q.
Grovetown , GA
I bought this with every intention of loving it. I’ll start with the positives:
1) This moisturizer has spf in it, so it offers skin protection while effectively moisturizing.
2) Your skin actually looks clearer and feels softer at the end of the day (after cleansing). The product works great as a skincare product.

Ok, now for the negatives. I’m returning this product for two simple reasons:

1) My face looks as oily with it on as it would with any other moisturizer. The “matte” claim was not effective on my skin.
2) My skin looks GREY because of the spf. It gives a dull, dreary look to my skin and I don’t feel confident leaving the house with it on.

I wish I could love this. It probably works great on some people, but I am not one of those people.
Jordan S.
Leaves your skin burning a bit due to the spf in it. Even if you know your face is fully mosturized. It leaves kind of a shine on your skin afterwrds and flakes off in little piles if you accidentally have some of it on the sides of your face.
Kyra R.
Columbus
I love the fact that this moisturizer has SPF mixed with it because I never felt like my face looked too oily when I wore it The only problem I have ever run into using it is that it can sometimes start being a little flaky if you rub it in too much, but other than that it felt fantastic on my face.
Sofia S.
Great product. It is a good way to start. Helped the skin. It wasn’t effective at first but if you use correctly it will be effective. There weren’t much expectations. It was pricey but for Thai brand what do you expect. I would recommend to others.
Whitney J.
LaGrangeville, NY
I tend to have combination skin, oily yet dry. I love that this product has the best of both worlds. My skin never feels over powered my oiliness and it doesn’t ever feel dry.
Aleisha B.
Van Nuys, CA
So far so good, I’m also us Two primers with this so I want to hold out my full review until the end of March but it definitely helps with oil control and shine.
Darby S.
I was so disappointed with this moisturizer! I know Dermalogica is really great brand so I bought with out really doing my homework! I have really oily skin with acne so I need a something that's hydrating yet not to rich so when I first felt this I had really high hopes because it's a light texture and has almost a gritty feel like there is some powder in it. I used this for months trying to find the best way to put it on and failed, it was the lotion not me. Even after putting on right away it doesn't really leave you with a matte finish compared some of the other options out there. One thing that I found helpful is the high SPF and that mainly it purpose now is a sunscreen and it has Willowbark so it clarifying also. I tried but I couldn't make it work.
dahlia m.
this is a really great moisturizer for oily skin ! it's about $30 but comes with a good amount and is worth it! i've been using it for about 3 months now and i think it really does help! i use this every single day & i recommend it for oliy people! very nice cooling and refreshing feel !
Amie B.
Ogdensburg, NJ
My skin lately has been fluctuating from being really great to having horrible breakouts.  Dermalogica is gentle, does not irritate my skin, and it does not dry my face out.  I have been using their products for a few months now and would definitely buy again.  It is hard trying to find products that work well with your skin.  I am always switching when my skin gets used to them. This brand is a little pricey but worth the buy.
Bekah J.
I have oily skin and had difficulty finding a moisturizer that gave my skin the hydration it needed without adding to the oiliness. This has become my holy Grail. It gives my skin moisture and also helps keep my skin shine free. My makeup last longer and I do not have to worry about reapplying it. I love the scent, which is similar to a basic sunblock. It makes me think of summer time!

back